2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone email a thank you letter to their interviewer? We were only given the mailing address of our interviewer at my interview day so I wasn't sure if it's appropriate to side step snail mail and instead use the email I got from a google search.

Did anyone email a thank you letter to their interviewer? We were only given the mailing address of our interviewer at my interview day so I wasn't sure if it's appropriate to side step snail mail and instead use the email I got from a google search.

I did! My interviewer seemed to appreciate the email, and sent me a congratulatory one when I got accepted as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I also looked up their email and used that instead. Never got a reply, but did get the A.

Reactions: 1 user
What is the average turn-around time for admissions decisions for those who interviewed after February 1st? I interviewed in early March and I'm just wondering when we can reasonably expect to hear back

What is the average turn-around time for admissions decisions for those who interviewed after February 1st? I interviewed in early March and I'm just wondering when we can reasonably expect to hear back

It totally varies. I interviewed in February and they told me 6 weeks+ but I got my WL after less than a month.

Got my pre-II R yesterday after a long wait. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Still waiting since October...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I know everyone has talked a lot about the HP vs normal WL. How would you know? Albert Einstein is definitely my top choice, do you peeps know how much movement off the waitlist there is? Thanks.

Last edited:
Interviewed the 2nd week of march, just got the good ol' waitlist email. Hopefully the traffic rules mean that they are just hesitant will offer more waitlist acceptances

Anyone else eyeing this upcoming Wednesday for the first wave of acceptances off the waitlist? In 2 out of the previous 3 years it looked like their was movement the first Wednesday of April.
------- Ugh I need to stop stalking previous threads and get a life :(

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else eyeing this upcoming Wednesday for the first wave of acceptances off the waitlist? In 2 out of the previous 3 years it looked like their was movement the first Wednesday of April.
------- Ugh I need to stop stalking previous threads and get a life :(

You just gave me false hope. Now I will be extra disappointed on Wednesday when I originally was going to be normal level of dissapointed.

You got any other SDN trends to share lol?

Yeah dude why did you have to say that now I have to go 5 days without sleep thanks a lot

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what cost of attendance is for here? Can't find a solid answer anywhere on their website after looking a ton.

Also, anyone get their ID yet? Lol

If you're not on the priority WL would there be a point in sending an update letter?

If you're not on the priority WL would there be a point in sending an update letter?
I believe a user on last years thread was accepted off of the nonpriority waitlist! If it is a solid update, I don't think it would hurt to send it in.

2019-2020 Tuition and Fees
M1 :Tuition: 62,306

Lmao, the school says there is no effect from Montefiore taking over the school. But there is a ~$20,000 increase in tuition since two years ago??

Lmao, the school says there is no effect from Montefiore taking over the school. But there is a ~$20,000 increase in tuition since two years ago??

That number includes the health insurance plan so if you have health insurance is like 6k less. M1, my tuition for this year was 55,360 and next year is 57,020 so idk where you're getting 20k from??

I can’t find COA anywhere either. Can’t imagine it being that crazy with student housing being so affordable.

Thanks. Was looking for full coa though (without health coverage)
Not sure about housing.. But its on their website

M1: Tuition: $53,709
Health Insurance*: $5,286
Lab and Computer Fees: $3,311
Total**: $62,306

Not sure about housing.. But its on their website

M1: Tuition: $53,709
Health Insurance*: $5,286
Lab and Computer Fees: $3,311
Total**: $62,306
Like I said, looking for full cost of attendance estimates, not just tuition/fees/health insurance. For example, most schools show how much they offer in loans for living expenses, rent, food, etc. Thanks for the help though!

Like I said, looking for full cost of attendance estimates, not just tuition/fees/health insurance. For example, most schools show how much they offer in loans for living expenses, rent, food, etc. Thanks for the help though!
$84,646 - its on MSAR

Tuition and Fees
$55,360
Other
$24,000
Health Insurance
$5,286

Anybody else get that email requesting an update?

Reactions: 2 users
Based off that email, I am assuming that there will not be movement this week and instead maybe a few days after April 15th? Also, in regards to the update, I would think they are just looking for our continued interest (saying that we would attend if accepted) in this update. Not an actual update about our activities, right?

Based off that email, I am assuming that there will not be movement this week and instead maybe a few days after April 15th? Also, in regards to the update, I would think they are just looking for our continued interest (saying that we would attend if accepted) in this update. Not an actual update about our activities, right?

I just said I’d go lol. I haven’t done anything monumental in a month besides more retrospective chart collection.

On their website it says spring break for 1st years is April 22nd-26th, the week right before the traffic day. Do you think this will have an impact or am I most likely over analyzing things?

$84,646 - its on MSAR

Tuition and Fees
$55,360
Other
$24,000
Health Insurance
$5,286
Thank you! My msar expired a few months ago and I didn't realize it was coming up soon, so I hadn't thought to check there! (Unless of course this is available with the free version, in which case still thank you!)

When does Einstein get back to you in regards to loans and financial aid after completing the FAFSA? Also, what are the options for financing medical school without assistance from family members? Not quite sure how to pay for living and groceries etc throughout medical school, so if anyone has any insight on this that would be great!

When does Einstein get back to you in regards to loans and financial aid after completing the FAFSA? Also, what are the options for financing medical school without assistance from family members? Not quite sure how to pay for living and groceries etc throughout medical school, so if anyone has any insight on this that would be great!
Those costs are accounted for in the financial package, which are basically all government loans, unless given institutional scholarships. Your loans should cover health insurance, travel, living accomodations, etc. When given your package in the fall, the tuition will subtracted and the remaining money gets disbursed to you to use to your discretion.

Those costs are accounted for in the financial package, which are basically all government loans, unless given institutional scholarships. Your loans should cover health insurance, travel, living accomodations, etc. When given your package in the fall, the tuition will subtracted and the remaining money gets disbursed to you to use to your discretion.

So by applying through Fafsa gives me access to this?

I have an interview next week, any pointers? I know its late in the game, but Im still going to give it a shot!

Every time somebody posts in this thread i think it’s happening(WL movement) lol

Reactions: 3 users
Every time somebody posts in this thread i think it’s happening(WL movement) lol
Based off the last email we received, I would think they are going to wait until the 15th to send acceptances off the wait list. I am still curious to know if all the people who received the supposed "HP WL" email got the "still interested?" email. I am going to assume we all did.