Jul 21, 2018
Those of you who paid the 100$ deposit, does the portal in which you paid it in change at all? I paid but my window timed out for some reason, but I did get an email receipt for the payment.

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Those of you who paid the 100$ deposit, does the portal in which you paid it in change at all? I paid but my window timed out for some reason, but I did get an email receipt for the payment.
Just email receipt.

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
1. The questionnaire can be found on this link, Overview | Financial Aid | Albert Einstein College of Medicine and to the right there is a form titled "2019-2020 FAQ Einstein Incoming Students" . I think we need to fill this out in addition to FAFSA.
2. I haven't gotten the e-mail from Certiphi either, and I'm a bit nervous cause the e-mail says we need to complete and release report by May 17.
3. You should receive a separate e-mail with a link to submit deposit.
* Also, does anyone know if an OOS student can be considered for IS tuition after the first year?
Einstein is private. Everyone pays the same, so IS vs OOS doesn't matter.

Reactions: Cuddly Bear
Jul 20, 2018
3 things, Accepted today and have some questions

1. What questionnaire are you talking about?
2. Those accepted today, did you get the background check email already, I haven’t gotten anything yet?
3. When do we get the email about submitting our deposit?
+1 also have not received the background check email

Reactions: NerdTheRaging
May 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Do the people who got accepted off the HPWL last friday mind sharing when they interviewed and were first waitlisted? Has anyone who was waitlisted in late April or May gotten off? Thanks!

Jul 21, 2018
Do the people who got accepted off the HPWL last friday mind sharing when they interviewed and were first waitlisted? Has anyone who was waitlisted in late April or May gotten off? Thanks!
Interviewed Mid March, 2 weeks later got the HPWL email (end of March/early April), still interested email few days after the April 30th deadline, acceptance Friday

Hope that helps

Reactions: wanttobeadoctor3000
May 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
What are the chances of getting in if I got a "regular" waitlist email/ not the HPWL one? Is there anything I can do to increase my chances - besides for letter of intent etc.?

Reactions: aspire_orchid
Sep 12, 2018
When were you accepted and when did you have all the financial aid forms in?
I was accepted last Friday. I had my FAFSA in beforehand and after acceptance faxed in their finaid questionnaire along with a copy of me and my parents' 2017 tax returns, which I already had on hand. They turned it around pretty quickly!

Reactions: NerdTheRaging
Apr 18, 2018
I also got zero aid and all loans, but I guess a part of me was expecting it.. :( (Same acceptance timeline as above^)
Same and my parents are super broke. I think I literally would’ve had to have had ZERO income to qualify. Still going though.

Reactions: labscience

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone get less aid than their demonstrated need? There's about a 20k difference for me, how are we supposed to cover the rest?
Do you mean loans? You get up to 42k unsubsidized and the gap left you fill with grad plus loans, which wouldn't be included in your finaid package

Reactions: porky799
Jan 31, 2018
Has anyone called yet to see if the class is full? The facebook group is at 189 people but I'm not sure how many people are current students :oops:
Current student here. That FB page has a LOT of us in it. That said, I would assume the class is full at this point, and waitlist movement will be as needed as people drop their acceptances for other schools. That's how it worked when I applied anyway (I got in off the waitlist).

Reactions: jordij94
Feb 23, 2018
Current student here. That FB page has a LOT of us in it. That said, I would assume the class is full at this point, and waitlist movement will be as needed as people drop their acceptances for other schools. That's how it worked when I applied anyway (I got in off the waitlist).
Thank you for the insight! I'm just surprised there has only been one day of acceptances post 4/30. Hopefully there's more coming soon

Jun 27, 2018
Has anyone’s background check passed yet? Still waiting on mine
I got mine back yesterday after starting it the 15th! I also lived out of the country for a minute, so I think it should be a shorter timeline if you haven’t. Also, you can definitely call, I called after I had not received the initial email and they were super quick to look me up!

Jul 21, 2018
I got mine back yesterday after starting it the 15th! I also lived out of the country for a minute, so I think it should be a shorter timeline if you haven’t. Also, you can definitely call, I called after I had not received the initial email and they were super quick to look me up!

I submitted mine late Tuesday night, so I assume it only started on Wednesday. But I called them and they only said it’s in progress. Really worried because I want to get it in by the deadline

Reactions: guacalot

essiekkMD

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone on the regular waitlist (not rolling admissions) been accepted?
I was accepted off the regular waitlist ( not rolling ) today .I am over joyed!!. Received the still interested/ if Einstein is top choice email on 5/20.
First acceptance after being on waitlists at schools I interviewed at!!! Einstein is my top choice so I will definitely be attending .

ph1103

2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I was accepted off the regular waitlist ( not rolling ) today .I am over joyed!!. Received the still interested/ if Einstein is top choice email on 5/20.
First acceptance after being on waitlists at schools I interviewed at!!! Einstein is my top choice so I will definitely be attending .
Congrats!! When did you first interview?

Oct 12, 2018
strange....I am still on the HPWL, but maybe there is not such a thing after all

Reactions: 000115 and jordij94