2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone’s background check passed yet? Still waiting on mine

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone’s background check passed yet? Still waiting on mine
I got mine back yesterday after starting it the 15th! I also lived out of the country for a minute, so I think it should be a shorter timeline if you haven’t. Also, you can definitely call, I called after I had not received the initial email and they were super quick to look me up!

I got mine back yesterday after starting it the 15th! I also lived out of the country for a minute, so I think it should be a shorter timeline if you haven’t. Also, you can definitely call, I called after I had not received the initial email and they were super quick to look me up!

I submitted mine late Tuesday night, so I assume it only started on Wednesday. But I called them and they only said it’s in progress. Really worried because I want to get it in by the deadline

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the link for the accepted students Facebook group? I was accepted but never received an invitation. Thanks!

Recent lurker here, I was accepted today off the waitlist! Received the rolling admissions email on 5/9.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone on the regular waitlist (not rolling admissions) been accepted?

I was accepted off the regular waitlist ( not rolling ) today .I am over joyed!!. Received the still interested/ if Einstein is top choice email on 5/20.
First acceptance after being on waitlists at schools I interviewed at!!! Einstein is my top choice so I will definitely be attending .
Congrats!! When did you first interview?

I was accepted off the regular waitlist ( not rolling ) today .I am over joyed!!. Received the still interested/ if Einstein is top choice email on 5/20.
First acceptance after being on waitlists at schools I interviewed at!!! Einstein is my top choice so I will definitely be attending .
strange....I am still on the HPWL, but maybe there is not such a thing after all

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone on the regular waitlist (not rolling admissions) been accepted?
Hi yes i got accepted off the "regular waitlist", i didn't receive the rolling admissions email. You guys still have a chance!!

Hi yes i got accepted off the "regular waitlist", i didn't receive the rolling admissions email. You guys still have a chance!!

Grats! Were you accepted yesterday? When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats on the acceptance!! Did you mean to say you got the still interested email on 5/2 (when everyone else got it), or did they send another "still interested" email batch on May 20th as well?

Has anyone received any communications yet regarding the summer biochem course?

Several days ago Dean Kerrigan asked for a final transcript. Interviewed in Oct, but had yet to receive any decision (whether A, R, or WL). Withdrew my app for consideration the same day.

It's so strange. I am on the HPWL apparently and I have had nothing but silence. No "are you still interested emails" or anything about them closing my app. I am losing all hope here. This is my dream school

It's so strange. I am on the HPWL apparently and I have had nothing but silence. No "are you still interested emails" or anything about them closing my app. I am losing all hope here. This is my dream school
Perhaps, your blood glucose levels are low. I suggest you increase your carbohydrate intake

Anyone know if Einstein provides microsoft office for its students, or do we have to buy it on our own?

any intel on whether there is going to be any more WL movement here?

FWIW waitlisted yesterday
Wow I hope you get in but I am also sad that they suddenly closed my app and seemingly didn't close anyone else's?? I just don't understand. This wasn't my top choice school but I'd be so so happy to go here than to go nowhere...:(

Wow I hope you get in but I am also sad that they suddenly closed my app and seemingly didn't close anyone else's?? I just don't understand. This wasn't my top choice school but I'd be so so happy to go here than to go nowhere...:(

I doubt you are the only one who had your app closed. You're the only one who was willing to post the outcome here (which is super helpful, btw so thank you). Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

For anyone that got a BH Homan Loan, what kind of info do we have to submit in the required bios?

I haven't heard anything since the last wave in May. The CTE deadline is coming up though, so hopefully there'll be at least one more wave of acceptances

How will that work? You can’t hold a waitlist spot after the 15th? The wave would have to come right before correct?

Correct. But no one knows for certain when it will happen or if it’ll even happen. There’s more information on the waitlist support group thread, including adcom speculation into the situation that I found pretty informative.

Correct. But no one knows for certain when it will happen or if it’ll even happen. There’s more information on the waitlist support group thread, including adcom speculation into the situation that I found pretty informative.
Can you link this thread?

Hope you all are hanging in this long drawn process. For what it’s worth I just got a still interested email- not sure what it really means at this point...but wanted to update here as well that movement may not be over?

Hope you all are hanging in this long drawn process. For what it’s worth I just got a still interested email- not sure what it really means at this point...but wanted to update here as well that movement may not be over?

That’s a good sign! Did you previously send a LOI and were you on HPWL or regular wait list?

That’s a good sign! Did you previously send a LOI and were you on HPWL or regular wait list?
Thanks and yes I did! I sent a couple updates - one every two weeks or so. I was put on HPWL on May 5th.

I will say, the message seemed kind of generic to “deadlines are approaching so let us know if you are still interested”. I had put down PTE to somewhere else so maybe that’s why they’re sending things out to whoever’s on the waitlist and PTE elsewhere so they have more clarity on who are they still a top choice for more than anything else.

Last edited:
Bit the bullet and called, they weren’t able to give me any information regarding future WL movement.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email response from admissions saying the class is full and movement will likely only be if someone withdraws.

• Sad