Dec 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if there is a time on the 30th we have to either "plan to enroll" or "Commit to enroll"? Or is it by morning or evening on the 30th?

Feb 23, 2018
My bet is on 5/8 and 5/17. Based on the past two years they had acceptance waves on the second Wednesday of May and on the third Friday. Just a guess though!

Reactions: 0000009999999

John_Dorian

2+ Year Member
May 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
How do you know if your regular or HPWL? Is this just conjecture or is there any sort of proof?

Mar 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
How do you know if your regular or HPWL? Is this just conjecture or is there any sort of proof?
From my understanding, seems like different people got waitlist offers with two different wordings. These different versions correspond with official HPWL and normal waitlist designations given in previous years. However, this year there has been no official word from Einstein saying there is a tiered waitlist.

On my “HPWL” email, it started off with “I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application...”. It never said the word “waitlist” in the email but the survey it linked to did say to confirm your spot on the waitlist.

Reactions: John_Dorian

John_Dorian

2+ Year Member
May 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
From my understanding, seems like different people got waitlist offers with two different wordings. These different versions correspond with official HPWL and normal waitlist designations given in previous years. However, this year there has been no official word from Einstein saying there is a tiered waitlist.

On my “HPWL” email, it started off with “I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application...”. It never said the word “waitlist” in the email but the survey it linked to did say to confirm your spot on the waitlist.
Perfect! Mine started the same way! If there is, in fact, a tiered list, I may still be in the running.
Thanks for the response.

Reactions: full.of.ideas
Sep 12, 2018
Also on supposed HPWL. Interesting how the email this morning said, "If Einstein remains your top choice, please email me by Monday, May 13."
Yeah that was super weird to me. I already sent an LOI to another school I'm WL at where I'm guaranteed good aid, so I can't commit myself to another school whose finaid package is a total unknown... I just sent a brief email saying that while I selected PTE elsewhere, I would like to remain on the WL

Reactions: full.of.ideas
May 2, 2019
Yeah that was super weird to me. I already sent an LOI to another school I'm WL at where I'm guaranteed good aid, so I can't commit myself to another school whose finaid package is a total unknown... I just sent a brief email saying that while I selected PTE elsewhere, I would like to remain on the WL
Would you guys mind sharing when you got your original HPWL email

Sep 12, 2018
Would you guys mind sharing when you got your original HPWL email
"
EINSTEIN - ROLLING ADMISSIONS
[email protected]
I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, and would appreciate your responding directly to this email. In addition, please check the appropriate box on the following webpage: Waiting List | Admissions | MD Program | Education | Albert Einstein College of Medicine

If we do not hear from you by March 14, we may assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the list. If you answer, "yes," on the webpage that you would like to hold your place, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] prior to the two week deadline.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and good luck!
Dean Kerrigan

Noreen Kerrigan, M.P.A.
Associate Dean for Student Admissions
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York l046l

TELEPHONE 718-430-2106
FAX - 718-430-8840

Jun 27, 2018
Just saying after being asked if I was interested in attending the second time(after HPWL) I got the acceptance exactly a week later. Keep your fingers crossed.
I'm on my third email of asking if I'm interested... Got the original email in March, then the interest email beginning of April and was skipped in that acceptance wave, then another email this morning! Hopefully, this next round will be my time, but trying to not get my hopes up too high.

Reactions: labscience
Feb 23, 2018
Does everyone who got the email today about continued interest already have acceptances? I'm wondering if Einstein sent that email to HPWL people who selected PTE for another school.

Reactions: mysonadoctor
Dec 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does everyone who got the email today about continued interest already have acceptances? I'm wondering if Einstein sent that email to HPWL people who selected PTE for another school.
I havent got any emails at all and after my interview havent heard anything, but I interviewed late April. Still waiting to hear something

Jan 10, 2019
Have you contacted admissions? I feel like you would be more than okay to ask for an update, but congrats on 15 acceptances, that's wild!
Yeah, a couple weeks back. No timeline offered. And thanks!

Dec 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
"
EINSTEIN - ROLLING ADMISSIONS
[email protected]
I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, and would appreciate your responding directly to this email. In addition, please check the appropriate box on the following webpage: Waiting List | Admissions | MD Program | Education | Albert Einstein College of Medicine

If we do not hear from you by March 14, we may assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the list. If you answer, "yes," on the webpage that you would like to hold your place, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] prior to the two week deadline.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and good luck!
Dean Kerrigan

Noreen Kerrigan, M.P.A.
Associate Dean for Student Admissions
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York l046l

TELEPHONE 718-430-2106
FAX - 718-430-8840
I got this today?

Jan 20, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting off the regular waitlist? I interviewed in April and was sent the waitlist email (not rolling admissions/HPWL). I sent an LOI to another school but I'm very interested in Einstein and sent them a letter of interest after my interview.

Jul 20, 2018
Does this mean that if someone has selected PTE somewhere else Einstein can see it? Still a little confused about the new AAMC policies on this. I know they can't see where applicants hold acceptances/waitlists but can they see if applicants hold at least one? (and therefore if they see an applicant hasn't selected PTE by this point then they know who has not received any acceptances yet?)

cp1234

2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
"Beginning April 30, medical schools can see detailed information about their accepted and waitlisted applicants as reported to AMCAS. Medical schools can see an applicant’s selection (Plan or Commit) including if they selected another medical school or if no decision has been selected. Medical schools can also see if an applicant has been reported as matriculated by another medical school. Medical schools will know which applicants selected their school but will not see the name of any other medical school selected by an applicant."

I know... it's a lot of words but Einstein can see if someone selected PTE, CTE or nothing. But if they selected nothing but had an acceptance, they will be able to see that the student has been reported as matriculated by another school. At least, that's what I think?

Sep 12, 2018
Accepted from the HPWL just now!

Does anyone who has gotten off the WL know how soon we will get out finaid package? This is would determine whether or not I accept the offer and the 5 day deadline is stressing me out since it's almost the weekend...

Mar 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

Does anyone who has gotten off the WL know how soon we will get out finaid package? This is would determine whether or not I accept the offer and the 5 day deadline is stressing me out since it's almost the weekend...
Also just got accepted from HPWL, and got the interest email last week on Thursday!
I am also wondering about the Financial Aid package....

Jul 4, 2018

Also just got accepted from HPWL, and got the interest email last week on Thursday!
I am also wondering about the Financial Aid package....
Congratulations

As for Financial Aid, I received my initial aid package about 24 hours after filling out and emailing back their questionnaire form.

I was also accepted off the high priority waitlist, but this was back in early April.

I'd guess that you'll be able to see your aid info within the 5 days assuming you send that form in ASAP. There's really nothing complicated on it, it's just basic stuff.

Sep 12, 2018
Congratulations

As for Financial Aid, I received my initial aid package about 24 hours after filling out and emailing back their questionnaire form.

I was also accepted off the high priority waitlist, but this was back in early April.

I'd guess that you'll be able to see your aid info within the 5 days assuming you send that form in ASAP. There's really nothing complicated on it, it's just basic stuff.
Does filling out the questionnaire commit you to accepting the offer? Does it make you pay the deposit at the same time? I don't want to accidentally commit before seeing the package haha. Thanks for your reply!

Jul 4, 2018
Does filling out the questionnaire commit you to accepting the offer? Does it make you pay the deposit at the same time? I don't want to accidentally commit before seeing the package haha. Thanks for your reply!
Also wondering about this!
I can't imagine that filling out the form would mean you've committed? As long as it's within the 5 day "waitlist acceptance" period they can't FORCE you to attend... As for deposit, I am not sure since, again, I was accepted before April 30th and knew that my deposit could be refunded if things changed. That being said, the deposit payment was a separate thing from the financial aid questionnaire (different email from different office), so I don't think they are linked.

They might be able to make you an offer without you paying 100 bucks since it's not like they are dealing with 10,000 accepted students right now or anything. I doubt the latest batch was more than a few kids, but that's just a guess.

Jul 21, 2018
3 things, Accepted today and have some questions

1. What questionnaire are you talking about?
2. Those accepted today, did you get the background check email already, I haven’t gotten anything yet?
3. When do we get the email about submitting our deposit?

Oct 3, 2018
3 things, Accepted today and have some questions

1. What questionnaire are you talking about?
2. Those accepted today, did you get the background check email already, I haven’t gotten anything yet?
3. When do we get the email about submitting our deposit?
1. The questionnaire can be found on this link, Overview | Financial Aid | Albert Einstein College of Medicine and to the right there is a form titled "2019-2020 FAQ Einstein Incoming Students" . I think we need to fill this out in addition to FAFSA.
2. I haven't gotten the e-mail from Certiphi either, and I'm a bit nervous cause the e-mail says we need to complete and release report by May 17.
3. You should receive a separate e-mail with a link to submit deposit.
* Also, does anyone know if an OOS student can be considered for IS tuition after the first year?

Reactions: NerdTheRaging