2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would someone be able to quote what the rolling admissions email says? I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Do recent interviewers (April, March) have any chance of direct acceptance? Or did they just interview for the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My guess is that most us interviewed for the waitlist. I'm sure we will see much more WL movement after April 30. On MSAR, Einstein grants about 75 acceptances from a waiting list of about 275.

are they still interviewing? has anyone heard back pre-II?

Is the Financial Aid page that they emailed us about actually final? I can call the office tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows.

It's weird because my estimated family contribution is 0, but that seems unlikely since I'm from a pretty middle income type range. Plus I put a small but non-zero amount of money I was expected to be given by my family for the 2019-2020 cycle which is not reflected on the page either.

Also, I emailed them about matching another aid offer and it was never mentioned at all in their subsequent financial aid emails.

Is the Financial Aid page that they emailed us about actually final? I can call the office tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows.

It's weird because my estimated family contribution is 0, but that seems unlikely since I'm from a pretty middle income type range. Plus I put a small but non-zero amount of money I was expected to be given by my family for the 2019-2020 cycle which is not reflected on the page either.

Also, I emailed them about matching another aid offer and it was never mentioned at all in their subsequent financial aid emails.

When did you get this email?

Would someone be able to quote what the rolling admissions email says? I appreciate it.

"I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, and would appreciate your responding directly to this email. In addition, please check the appropriate box on the following webpage: Waiting List | Admissions | MD Program | Education | Albert Einstein College of Medicine"

So are they looking for a quick "Yes, I'd still love to attend Einstein" for a response or a heartfelt multi-paragraph letter of interest in response to this email?

So what’s the consensus on this email? Is it HPWL? Is there a Realistic chance of getting off (relative to other waitlists)?

So what’s the consensus on this email? Is it HPWL? Is there a Realistic chance of getting off (relative to other waitlists)?

I think this cycle and in past cycles, the “rolling admissions” email that asks you to show your interest through a direct email reply is the HPWL. Almost all applicants admitted this late in the cycle have historically been from the HPWL. But the admissions committee says there’s only one waitlist so take this speculation with a grain of salt I guess

I think this cycle and in past cycles, the “rolling admissions” email that asks you to show your interest through a direct email reply is the HPWL. Almost all applicants admitted this late in the cycle have historically been from the HPWL. But the admissions committee says there’s only one waitlist so take this speculation with a grain of salt I guess

What are they looking for in the direct email reply? A brief "I'm still interested" or a full essay detailing why we love Einstein?

What are they looking for in the direct email reply? A brief "I'm still interested" or a full essay detailing why we love Einstein?

Not sure what it is EXACTLY they’re looking for but I just said why Einstein is a good fit for me and reiterated what I bring to the school in a paragraph or 2. Straightforward and succinct.

Members don't see this ad :)

Have they historically taken a lot of people from this group?

I am curious if anyone has received the 'research and service' scholarship or any other scholarships thus far. Has anyone gotten anything aside from loans yet?

Did anyone get confirmation after they directly responded to the rolling admissions email?

Did anyone get confirmation after they directly responded to the rolling admissions email?

Yeah I did, if you sent it over the weekend i'd assume you will get a reply on monday, but defiantly during the week.

Does anyone know if there is a time on the 30th we have to either "plan to enroll" or "Commit to enroll"? Or is it by morning or evening on the 30th?

My bet is on 5/8 and 5/17. Based on the past two years they had acceptance waves on the second Wednesday of May and on the third Friday. Just a guess though!

Anyone else get an email asking for continued interest in remaining on the waitlist? If so, were you on the “HPWL” or “regular” waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
How do you know if your regular or HPWL? Is this just conjecture or is there any sort of proof?

How do you know if your regular or HPWL? Is this just conjecture or is there any sort of proof?
From my understanding, seems like different people got waitlist offers with two different wordings. These different versions correspond with official HPWL and normal waitlist designations given in previous years. However, this year there has been no official word from Einstein saying there is a tiered waitlist.

On my “HPWL” email, it started off with “I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application...”. It never said the word “waitlist” in the email but the survey it linked to did say to confirm your spot on the waitlist.

From my understanding, seems like different people got waitlist offers with two different wordings. These different versions correspond with official HPWL and normal waitlist designations given in previous years. However, this year there has been no official word from Einstein saying there is a tiered waitlist.

On my “HPWL” email, it started off with “I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application...”. It never said the word “waitlist” in the email but the survey it linked to did say to confirm your spot on the waitlist.

Perfect! Mine started the same way! If there is, in fact, a tiered list, I may still be in the running.
Thanks for the response.

Also on supposed HPWL. Interesting how the email this morning said, "If Einstein remains your top choice, please email me by Monday, May 13."

Reactions: 1 users
Also on supposed HPWL. Interesting how the email this morning said, "If Einstein remains your top choice, please email me by Monday, May 13."

Yeah that was super weird to me. I already sent an LOI to another school I'm WL at where I'm guaranteed good aid, so I can't commit myself to another school whose finaid package is a total unknown... I just sent a brief email saying that while I selected PTE elsewhere, I would like to remain on the WL

Yeah that was super weird to me. I already sent an LOI to another school I'm WL at where I'm guaranteed good aid, so I can't commit myself to another school whose finaid package is a total unknown... I just sent a brief email saying that while I selected PTE elsewhere, I would like to remain on the WL

Would you guys mind sharing when you got your original HPWL email

Would you guys mind sharing when you got your original HPWL email

"
EINSTEIN - ROLLING ADMISSIONS
[email protected]
I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, and would appreciate your responding directly to this email. In addition, please check the appropriate box on the following webpage: Waiting List | Admissions | MD Program | Education | Albert Einstein College of Medicine

If we do not hear from you by March 14, we may assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the list. If you answer, "yes," on the webpage that you would like to hold your place, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] prior to the two week deadline.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and good luck!
Dean Kerrigan

Noreen Kerrigan, M.P.A.
Associate Dean for Student Admissions
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York l046l

TELEPHONE 718-430-2106
FAX - 718-430-8840

Just saying after being asked if I was interested in attending the second time(after HPWL) I got the acceptance exactly a week later. Keep your fingers crossed.

Reactions: 2 users
Just saying after being asked if I was interested in attending the second time(after HPWL) I got the acceptance exactly a week later. Keep your fingers crossed.
I'm on my third email of asking if I'm interested... Got the original email in March, then the interest email beginning of April and was skipped in that acceptance wave, then another email this morning! Hopefully, this next round will be my time, but trying to not get my hopes up too high.

Does everyone who got the email today about continued interest already have acceptances? I'm wondering if Einstein sent that email to HPWL people who selected PTE for another school.

Does everyone who got the email today about continued interest already have acceptances? I'm wondering if Einstein sent that email to HPWL people who selected PTE for another school.
I havent got any emails at all and after my interview havent heard anything, but I interviewed late April. Still waiting to hear something

This is by far the most confusing waitlist I'm on