FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Same... so I guess that leaves around 40k to take out in private loans (if parents can't help)? Disappointing
Nah, federal unsubsidized is up to 42k but you can take the rest out in grad plus. Sucks but I'd rather have that than privaye

Reactions: acciobutterbeer
Aug 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Nah, federal unsubsidized is up to 42k but you can take the rest out in grad plus. Sucks but I'd rather have that than privaye
Ohhh I see. Yeah, the gradplus loan was listed on my financial aid packages from other schools but not this one, so I wasn't sure. Thanks

Apr 18, 2018
If anyone’s interested in being in a groupme chat about AECOM(for those planning on attending) PM me!

Feb 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed a week ago and got the R. What a pity, I liked the place. At least they gave me a fast response. Looks like the application cycle is finishing up.

Apr 18, 2018
Weird question but i know Einstein does competency based admissions now, so if you’re accepted you don’t have to worry about completing any other course work right?

Reactions: Quiero_ser_médico

John_Dorian

2+ Year Member
May 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Any word on when WL movement might be occurring? It seems like it generally starts in late spring, but I'm wondering if the new deadlines might speed things up this year.

Jun 27, 2018
Any word on when WL movement might be occurring? It seems like it generally starts in late spring, but I'm wondering if the new deadlines might speed things up this year.
Waitlist movement started last monday! Unsure if we will see any more before April 30th, but I hope so!!

May 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Should I be concerned I haven't gotten my post-interview decision and they have started accepting people off the waitlist? (interviewed early March)

Jan 10, 2019
Should I be concerned I haven't gotten my post-interview decision and they have started accepting people off the waitlist? (interviewed early March)
Beats me. I'm in the same position (except I interviewed in October). I asked if they had a timeline and I was told, "you'll know the when the admission committee comes to a decision." What a lovely truism haha. Guess all options are on the table: A, WL, or R.

Reactions: Redfox45
Jun 1, 2017
My guess is that most us interviewed for the waitlist. I'm sure we will see much more WL movement after April 30. On MSAR, Einstein grants about 75 acceptances from a waiting list of about 275.

owlsandturtles

2+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Anyone know if those of us who haven't received any scholarships have a chance of receiving them after traffic day?

Jul 4, 2018
Is the Financial Aid page that they emailed us about actually final? I can call the office tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows.

It's weird because my estimated family contribution is 0, but that seems unlikely since I'm from a pretty middle income type range. Plus I put a small but non-zero amount of money I was expected to be given by my family for the 2019-2020 cycle which is not reflected on the page either.

Also, I emailed them about matching another aid offer and it was never mentioned at all in their subsequent financial aid emails.

Apr 18, 2018
Is the Financial Aid page that they emailed us about actually final? I can call the office tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows.

It's weird because my estimated family contribution is 0, but that seems unlikely since I'm from a pretty middle income type range. Plus I put a small but non-zero amount of money I was expected to be given by my family for the 2019-2020 cycle which is not reflected on the page either.

Also, I emailed them about matching another aid offer and it was never mentioned at all in their subsequent financial aid emails.
When did you get this email?

May 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Would someone be able to quote what the rolling admissions email says? I appreciate it.
"I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, and would appreciate your responding directly to this email. In addition, please check the appropriate box on the following webpage: Waiting List | Admissions | MD Program | Education | Albert Einstein College of Medicine"

So are they looking for a quick "Yes, I'd still love to attend Einstein" for a response or a heartfelt multi-paragraph letter of interest in response to this email?

Reactions: DaBreeze
Feb 23, 2018
So what’s the consensus on this email? Is it HPWL? Is there a Realistic chance of getting off (relative to other waitlists)?
I think this cycle and in past cycles, the “rolling admissions” email that asks you to show your interest through a direct email reply is the HPWL. Almost all applicants admitted this late in the cycle have historically been from the HPWL. But the admissions committee says there’s only one waitlist so take this speculation with a grain of salt I guess

May 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I think this cycle and in past cycles, the “rolling admissions” email that asks you to show your interest through a direct email reply is the HPWL. Almost all applicants admitted this late in the cycle have historically been from the HPWL. But the admissions committee says there’s only one waitlist so take this speculation with a grain of salt I guess
What are they looking for in the direct email reply? A brief "I'm still interested" or a full essay detailing why we love Einstein?

Apr 18, 2018
What are they looking for in the direct email reply? A brief "I'm still interested" or a full essay detailing why we love Einstein?
Not sure what it is EXACTLY they’re looking for but I just said why Einstein is a good fit for me and reiterated what I bring to the school in a paragraph or 2. Straightforward and succinct.

Reactions: Redfox45
Jul 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Have they historically taken a lot of people from this group?