2018-2019 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got that Pre-II Reject

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email today asking if i wanted to stay on the alternate list. Didn't know how to say ABSOLUTELY clear enough haha

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone get a confirmation email when they said they wanted to stay on the alt list?

I got the confirmation email. Nothing since then though. And ya, this thread is scary quiet. Trying not to be nervous, but man it would be amazing to get in here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got this email too! My friends who got in off the waitlist from other schools got similar emails and then got in a week or two later. Hoping it's the same deal for all of us!!

Reactions: 1 user
Got a confirmation email today that they know I want to stay in consideration for this fall.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a confirmation email today that they know I want to stay in consideration for this fall.
AH! Hopefully they send one of those out to me soon. If you don't mind me asking, around what time did they send out this email?

Am I the only one having a heart attack every time their phone rings?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So my theory as to why waitlist movement is so slow this year is because of the PTE tool. If someone is PTE, school's don't know 100% if they will go there. Since FAU does not tend to over accept, they're probably being cautious of accepting people off the waitlist if many students accepted currently are PTE. There is a chance that even half the class could be PTE since the class size is so small. Just a theory though.. I'm kind of going crazy waiting lol

Reactions: 1 users
I had a friend who got accepted last week-ish (and declined), so it's moving along ever so slowly :(

Reactions: 4 users
Check your email! I just got another one asking if I'm still interesting in being considered, so there's still hope for all of us! Wishing the best of luck to all of you :)

Hey guys! I know the pain of slowly waiting but I got the call on Wednesday so there is lots of hope! You’re all smart people with eager hearts to learn and help people your time, it’s coming! ;)
I’m OOS for anyone who was wondering and I am accepting I loved this place!

Hey guys! I know the pain of slowly waiting but I got the call on Wednesday so there is lots of hope! You’re all smart people with eager hearts to learn and help people your time, it’s coming! ;)
I’m OOS for anyone who was wondering and I am accepting I loved this place!
If u have any questions lmk lol I’ll try to answer

Is there a Facebook group for the admitted students? Also does anyone have the 2018 and 2019 match list? Thanks!

Also got an email asking if I’m still interested. Here’s to hoping for us all!

Also curious if there is a group for admitted students or any page to help with roommate matching? Was accepted Wednesday too!

Also curious if there is a group for admitted students or any page to help with roommate matching? Was accepted Wednesday too!
The president of the current m1 class will send an email inviting you to the group

Would you share or pm me your stats?

Good Morning! Anyone have anything to say on FAU?

Has anyone heard anything regarding FAU? :(

Ive never wanted anything more...

Has anyone heard anything back recently?

Is it possible at this date the class is set? Also, as a Dad, I am asking if all the deadlines to either commit or walk away have passed? Is it now down to a remote chance someone can't make August for some reason or another. Thanks, from a Dad..

Did you get in ? Wanted to know because I want to apply to that school as well

Hi John. Our son is not in this year. Apps are out for next year.

It feels like basically no movement happened and it all just ended..

• Sad
I moved my family across the US and now at my top choice DO. I cant complain except moving the family was a burden.