2018-2019 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when second look is ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they accept LOI and if so does it need to be through the portal?

I emailed my LOI to admissions last Monday and was just notified that it was received! I would send it in asap as they are probably making final decisions this week. Best of luck!

I emailed my LOI to admissions last Monday and was just notified that it was received! I would send it in asap as they are probably making final decisions this week. Best of luck!
You mean LOI after waitlist decision right? I thought they did not accept LOI’s before a decision was made.

You mean LOI after waitlist decision right? I thought they did not accept LOI’s before a decision was made.

LOI's can be sent at any time I'm pretty sure! I think as long it's before an II, only then will it seem a bit disingenuous.

Reactions: 1 users
LOI's can be sent at any time I'm pretty sure! I think as long it's before an II, only then will it seem a bit disingenuous.

Yep! A resident told me I should submit it before final decisions, it just kinda gives you a leg up on a person who might have the same stats as you (schools wanna give acceptances to people who they know are gunna accept the offer)

If I didn't interview, and I haven't heard a peep from the school, can I safely assume this is a rejection?

Same here...not a peep. It’s the only school I haven’t heard a peep from.

Not hearing anything one way or the other is the worse. Don't let it bother you, just keep moving forward!!

I really like this place and am on a few waitlists (no A yet) and one interview coming up for a school very high on my list but with a low II to A conversion rate (~15%), should I still send a LOI?

I really like this place and am on a few waitlists (no A yet) and one interview coming up for a school very high on my list but with a low II to A conversion rate (~15%), should I still send a LOI?
I would if you've been waitlisted for this school. If you haven't heard back yet I'd wait since we find out this Friday

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep! Alternate list! Going to withdraw, good luck everyone!

Withdrew my Acceptance- Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Any new news on the w/l students

Just got a second look invite, currently on WL

Reactions: 2 users
Any current students I can PM to ask about housing? Much appreciated!

I feel like that has to be good news and they're interested in you! I'm on the WL as well but haven't received anything :/

I found my second look invite in spam, make sure to check your spam folder

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist in the coming week or two!

Reactions: 6 users
For anyone who went to second look, how was it? Did they mention anything about the likelihood of waitlist movement on May 1st?

For anyone who went to second look, how was it? Did they mention anything about the likelihood of waitlist movement on May 1st?

Monica said that waitlist movement would not start until after April 30th when the deposit was due. Also learned that the waitlist is about 180 right now. 10 of those people were invited to second look

Is today the deadline to withdraw all other MD offers if I've decided?

Is today the deadline to withdraw all other MD offers if I've decided?
By tomorrow (April 30th) you are only supposed to hold a maximum of one acceptance, but you can hold spots on waitlist still. The sooner you let schools know if you've decided the better because it can help people get off waitlists sooner and just help the school figure out how their class looks.

Great, thanks!
By tomorrow (April 30th) you are only supposed to hold a maximum of one acceptance, but you can hold spots on waitlist still. The sooner you let schools know if you've decided the better because it can help people get off waitlists sooner and just help the school figure out how their class looks.

Florida resident here, just withdrew my A. Hoping one of y'all get it!

Reactions: 2 users
Here's to all of us waitlisters praying for phone calls in the coming weeks! Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my acceptance from here today, incredibly sad. I hope one of y’all get it. Plus some scholarship $ is going back into the pot

Where are you headed?? You were really helpful to me!!

Withdrew my A. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Does anyone know when they'll start contacting those in the alternate list? Or have they already started?