2018-2019 Harvard Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I cracked mine at the gym last week... is that an R?
I dropped mine on the NYC subway tracks. Definite R coming.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Would one be too big of a lick spittle if one were to fill it up with Fiji water and place it in the special door insert typically reserved for fresh squeezed juices? Asking for a friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol I left mine at my interviewer's office and didn't realize until the end of the day, RIP
lol I did this but my interviewer had to reminded me that I left it as I walked out, R inbound

So i guess those water bottles were the true test and not the interview and those who still have their water bottles will be accepted. Those who lost/broke their bottles are gonna be waitlisted and those who didn't even grab one like myself failed before we even started. Seems like a reasonable method to decide between everyone since everyone's so amazing otherwise.

Reactions: 16 users
How does this logic fit if (and this happened) I dropped, cracked, and flooded a bathroom with mine on interview day; but, got another one from the admissions office?

Reactions: 3 users
Don't get too cocky if you still have your water bottle though. Wouldn't want to end up screwing it up right before decisions coming out soon :p

Everytime they send that interview feedback survey, I get a heart attack lol.

They're still sending that multiple times at this point? That's brutal- I never even got one in the first place

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m just thinking about next year’s neurotic applicants reading through this thread to try to determine the decision release date, and having to read through all this HMS water bottle drama

Only by then their handling of their water bottles will already be done, fate sealed, and the cycle will repeat itself

Reactions: 20 users
I've started praying to a god I don't believe in and also plan on wearing ALL crimson this Friday for good luck...:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I’m just thinking about next year’s neurotic applicants reading through this thread to try to determine the decision release date, and having to read through all this HMS water bottle drama

Only by then their handling of their water bottles will already be done, fate sealed, and the cycle will repeat itself

Im sure one of them will read through the thread and then selfishly not tell anyone else. What they don't know is that that selfishness will be their undoing.

Wait so do we think the decision day is this Friday??

Today has the same energy as Christmas Eve when I was a little kid, except 100% anxiety

Reactions: 10 users
I am getting more of an eerie Halloween vibe. Let's hope no one gets a rock (ala Charlie Brown).

Last edited:
if we are lucky enough to have decisions released tomorrow, anyone know if we can expect emails to go out in the morning/afternoon? I can't tell what time (only date) last year's posts were lol

if we are lucky enough to have decisions released tomorrow, anyone know if we can expect emails to go out in the morning/afternoon? I can't tell what time (only date) last year's posts were lol
If you're on the computer, you can hover your mouse over the date to see the time I think. I just checked the times from previous threads and it looks like they came out around 10 AM EST. So good luck sleeping tonight everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi, I have some questions for current HMS students.

What does the daily schedule look like for first-year students at HMS? How long are the CBCL sessions and how long does it take to prepare for them? CBCL>traditional lecture style?

Based on last year's string, admissions went out around 10 a.m. ET.

What does the daily schedule look like for first-year students at HMS? How long are the CBCL sessions and how long does it take to prepare for them? CBCL>traditional lecture style?
Going off of this question, what is the overall opinion of the "flipped classroom" format? Saw a post on reddit that basically had a bunch of current students saying it's not the ideal way to learn and that recorded lectures are better.

Going off of this question, what is the overall opinion of the "flipped classroom" format? Saw a post on reddit that basically had a bunch of current students saying it's not the ideal way to learn and that recorded lectures are better.

That's interesting. They kept saying that the STEP scores were higher for the flipped classroom. But it would be nice to be able to go back and watch recorded lectures.

Class runs from 8 am to 12:30 pm. The majority of this time is spent in the CBCL format. The length of each session varies by which block you are in. In Foundations, a session is typically an hour and a half. In Homeostasis, a session is typically an hour. The amount of time to prep will vary depending on who you ask. I don't think I've ever spent more than 3 hours prepping for a session. I found that the prep work was pretty low key in Foundations and ramped up in Homeostasis. We still have lecture, especially in Homeostasis (which typically has an hour lecture every day), but I enjoy the CBCL sessions much more.

I think the typical mindset online is that most people rather just study UFAP and forego class all together. That works for some but not all. We still had people in class who spent the CBCL sessions messing around on Anki and watching B&B rather than doing the prep. At the end of the day, you have to do what is best for you and what will yield you the best results. I find that the CBCL sessions and the curriculum here as a whole has a much stronger focus on developing a conceptual understanding and (in my opinion), that is something that the UFAP crowd is missing out on.

Any idea what time we should expect any news?

Hey everyone, I woke and forgot that today *might* be the day. I left my house wearing a green shirt instead of a crimson one. What should I do? I mean I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

You must immediately turn your green shirt inside out and spit over both shoulders without looking behind you. Anything else spells disaster! :)

Hey everyone, I woke and forgot that today *might* be the day. I left my house wearing a green shirt instead of a crimson one. What should I do? I mean I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
You’re done comrade. But congrats on your acceptance to Dartmouth!

HERE WE GO!!! If it’s not today I don’t think I will last another day waiting.

that's it ? anyone else?

Wait they've already bene through MSTP/HST??

OMG CRYING ACCEPTED FOR MD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED I CAN'T BELIEVE IT MY HEART IS POUNDING LIKE CRAZY

Congrats to all, did all of these acceptances come at the same time?

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!!! PATHWAYSSSS I COULD CRY