2018-2019 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's always better to make your preference known than to act neutral and be disappointed if accepted to the other campus. I know in the past people have called to update admissions after having marked that they had no preference, but I'm not sure if this was pre- or post-interview. Either way, it can't hurt for them to have it on record that you are enthusiastic about one over the other for a concrete reason. Just be respectful and polite and you'll be fine (good rule in general;))

I sent an email to admissions post-interview. Which helped me provide more nuanced reasons why I preferred one over the other. Admissions added the note to the file. Strike a polite and grateful tone with this one...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else interviewing tomorrow (10/18 @10am) at the KC campus? I'm boarding my flight now!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing in Kansas City 10/24! Anyone else have the same day? Also this is my first time in KC and my flight gets in early the day before, any suggestions on things to do and see besides that bus tour mentioned earlier?
interviewing that day as well!

Darn, my science professor LORs are more than 2 years old (from Aug 2019). I guess this is my first rejection. Sucks that it is because of a technicality. Oh well, moving on.

Does KCU have a place to put my suitcase during the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Darn, my science professor LORs are more than 2 years old (from Aug 2019). I guess this is my first rejection. Sucks that it is because of a technicality. Oh well, moving on.
This was literally the one thing that made me almost not apply to KCU lol. It was such a PAIN contacting some of my writers asking if they remembered me well enough to rewrite or even just change the date on their LOR. All of them were nice enough to rewrite! I assume you've already submitted though?

Hey guys,
For those who have interviewed-- what time did your morning interviews end? I am trying to book a flight and a little nervous about a 3:40 pm flight out of KC.
Thanks!

They were done around 12:30 if I remember correctly. I did the afternoon interview and the groups intermingle for part of it. Kansas City is about two hours away though, so you may be cutting it really close. I am sure they would be willing to help you accommodate travel plans if you ask?

They were done around 12:30 if I remember correctly. I did the afternoon interview and the groups intermingle for part of it. Kansas City is about two hours away though, so you may be cutting it really close. I am sure they would be willing to help you accommodate travel plans if you ask?

Of course, that’s more of you interview at joplin. If you interview in KC then you should be golden.

II yesterday booked for 11/6. The only bad part is if get accepted I’ll probably have to eat a deposit at another school unless I find out extremely quickly :(

II yesterday booked for 11/6. The only bad part is if get accepted I’ll probably have to eat a deposit at another school unless I find out extremely quickly :(

you might! I've seen some pretty quick turnaround in previous posts on this thread. I'm interviewing on 11/6 too in the afternoon - are you as well or are you in the morning?

you might! I've seen some pretty quick turnaround in previous posts on this thread. I'm interviewing on 11/6 too in the afternoon - are you as well or are you in the morning?

Morning group here!

Interviewed recently. They told us to expect 6 weeks turnaround.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 9/13 it's getting about that time

Interviewed recently. They told us to expect 6 weeks turnaround.

Dang, my deposit to another school is due about 6 weeks after the KCU interview.... Oh well, it's a good problem to have all things considered and who knows how well the interview will go.

Shoutout to the group who interviewed today and walked in on our immuno tutoring session! Not sure if any of you are on SDN, but you guys looked great :)

Dang, my deposit to another school is due about 6 weeks after the KCU interview.... Oh well, it's a good problem to have all things considered and who knows how well the interview will go.
I paid a deposit to a school the day before finding out I was accepted to KCU. It's worth it at the end of the day.

That's just what they told us, although I've read previous posts on this thread with shorter decision times. KCU has the first deposit due in December (14th or 16th?). Anyway, I'd highly recommend interviewing at KCU even if that could potentially mean two deposits. I was super impressed with the campus and it is now my top choice.

That's just what they told us, although I've read previous posts on this thread with shorter decision times. KCU has the first deposit due in December (14th or 16th?). Anyway, I'd highly recommend interviewing at KCU even if that could potentially mean two deposits. I was super impressed with the campus and it is now my top choice.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely still going. The tuition difference alone would end up saving me money even if I ate a deposit.

I already know the answer to this...but I have a nose piercing. Should I get it taken out? It's a really tiny cubic/crystal stud, like I forget it's there half the time.

I already know the answer to this...but I have a nose piercing. Should I get it taken out? It's a really tiny cubic/crystal stud, like I forget it's there half the time.
For your interview? Yes.

Reactions: 2 users
For the people who previously interviewed this cycle. When and how were we supposed to get the email addresses for our interviewers for writing Thank You’s?

they'll have the email addresses on a big projector screen at the end after they talk about immunizations/how long it'll take to make a decision, etc.

they also had a sheet outside of the interview rooms near the water cooler with the same info as well (not sure if this is consistent)

Last edited:
Just interviewed here today, really really like the campus and interviewed with some awesome people! I really hope everyone that interviewed here today get an acceptance...I was surprised how much the current ms1/2 where there to help each other out and got a really good vibe from the current students. Would be really happy to go here!

As far as the interview, I can’t discuss any specifics because if the NDA but just know that there really isn’t anyway you can really prepare for it. Just be yourself and friendly and all will go well. Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

REal 1nterVi2w pr3p H0urs. H1t that l1ke butt0n if y0u up

REal 1nterVi2w pr3p H0urs. H1t that l1ke butt0n if y0u up

Seriously, you’ll almost laugh post interview and realize there’s truly no prepping for this one. lol

Good luck!

II offered 10/16, scheduled 11/6, and application was complete 9/6

You could get a retainer for it. That’s ay you don’t lose the piercing but have it concealed well.

So my school had a 4 month strike last year. Had an interview here yesterday. Its my top choice. I dont have all my grades yet, because I havent written all my finals from last year (have one left). I heard I can get waitlisted if I dont have my transcripts in. That true? What to do?

So my school had a 4 month strike last year. Had an interview here yesterday. Its my top choice. I dont have all my grades yet, because I havent written all my finals from last year (have one left). I heard I can get waitlisted if I dont have my transcripts in. That true? What to do?
Are you missing prereqs or just grades?

Had a very positive experience interviewing here yesterday :)

Reactions: 3 users
I am retaking a prereq amd am missing the grade for it
As far as I understand it, you are conditionally accepted based on completing that prereq

Last edited:
Yeap, that's what I'm about to do!
Plenty of people (students and some faculty) have small piercings and visible tattoos, so definitely take it out for the interview, but know that you will be fully accepted for it here as a student:cat:

II today! Scheduled for 11/6 afternoon, KC campus!
Complete 9/13.

Last edited:
Plenty of people (students and some faculty) have small piercings and visible tattoos, so definitely take it out for the interview, but know that you will be fully accepted for it here as a student:cat:

Thanks! Glad I won't have a hole on my nose and look like I have a giant blackhead haha That is, if I get in.....!!!

It seems to vary depending on the day of the week. There are less interviewing in the middle of the week v. the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile

Our group seemed to be very large. If 60-70% of the group is accepted as is often said, KCUMB will run out of seats real fast.

I am therefore sceptical of the number. I hope I am wrong?

Our group seemed to be very large. If 60-70% of the group is accepted as is often said, KCUMB will run out of seats real fast.

I am therefore sceptical of the number. I hope I am wrong?
I think it is more so by the end of the season. Not exactly sure on logistics but I knew a few with an acceptance but opted for another school as the season goes on. They prescreen pretty significantly so if you get an interview invite, they see something in you that makes them interested in you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile