2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes indeed! Me too. I’m also holding on to the fact that if it doesn’t happen this time they WILL discuss me again this month
Yeah he said it’s rare to get. A straight acceptance but at the same time a lot of people do ... according to this

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah he said it’s rare to get. A straight acceptance but at the same time a lot of people do ... according to this
Right?! So conflicting, but it seems to happen to a lot of people? Maybe our sample is skewed on this website hahaha!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What's the consensus on IIs? Any likely to go out for late February or march soon? Do we know anything based on their meeting schedule?

Also, I tried calling to get a little information last Thursday afternoon, and was told only that my application was complete and under review. Has anyone had any success getting more info via another method? Better yet, anyone have any inside sources on how things are moving?

Thanks, all! Good luck.

What's the consensus on IIs? Any likely to go out for late February or march soon? Do we know anything based on their meeting schedule?

Also, I tried calling to get a little information last Thursday afternoon, and was told only that my application was complete and under review. Has anyone had any success getting more info via another method? Better yet, anyone have any inside sources on how things are moving?

Thanks, all! Good luck.
I had a couple friends get IIs last Friday (2/1), scheduled for late Feb. and early March

Thanks, all! Good luck.
Advocacy meeting is mid feb. so there will probably be a break for interviews until end of feb. as the person said above, feb/March interviews have gone out they usually give you interviews a month out

Advocacy meeting is mid feb. so there will probably be a break for interviews until end of feb. as the person said above, feb/March interviews have gone out they usually give you interviews a month out

I’m not convinced you’re right. What makes you think all February and March IIs have gone out and that those months are fully scheduled?

The advocacy meeting is to sum up people who have interviewed already, no? Why would it concern pre-II candidates? Correct me if I’m wrong. Just trying to get an accurate picture.

I’m not convinced you’re right. What makes you think all February and March IIs have gone out and that those months are fully scheduled?

The advocacy meeting is to sum up people who have interviewed already, no? Why would it concern pre-II candidates? Correct me if I’m wrong. Just trying to get an accurate picture.
I think it’s just speculation since we all don’t know 100% what the situation is. At this point in the cycle it could be that they have filled a good portion of their 200 spots. This advocacy meeting should help them decide what NFA students they want to admit. Following the advocacy meeting and the next regular meeting, it’s likely that there won’t be many spots to offer left if any. Their goal is to offer all 200 spots before the deadline on March 15, afterwards if anyone decides to decline the acceptance and attend another school, then that could open up more spots. It’s still possible to get an interview as we approach March, but statistically it’ll be tough to get in with the few remaining spots.

Just spoke with Ms. Paulette. She said February is booked and March interviews (except early March) will be sent out near the end of February. Last interview date is still scheduled for April 17th. Hope this helps some people in the same position as me (those who applied late). Seems likely you’ll get an II if your application is good enough.

Going off last year’s thread, most people who interviewed in the last month or so will likely get NFAs until their last advocacy meeting in late April/early May. Although they did send out some acceptances after this February advocacy last year.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for calling! This is useful info and might help some people (like me lol) start making plans for next year. Much appreciated.

Did anyone who interviewed in January get a letter yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it’s just speculation since we all don’t know 100% what the situation is. At this point in the cycle it could be that they have filled a good portion of their 200 spots. This advocacy meeting should help them decide what NFA students they want to admit. Following the advocacy meeting and the next regular meeting, it’s likely that there won’t be many spots to offer left if any. Their goal is to offer all 200 spots before the deadline on March 15, afterwards if anyone decides to decline the acceptance and attend another school, then that could open up more spots. It’s still possible to get an interview as we approach March, but statistically it’ll be tough to get in with the few remaining spots.
Yes they have filled approximatley 145 spots so far (based on the fb group). So you could expect easily another 55 offers to go out by march?

Someone called and said that all interview up to the beginning of March are out ... and just thinking along the lines of the fact dr Eubanks said the advocacy meeting is feb 22

Will share status once I get mine. The wait is brutal.

Eubanks said mail would be sent out mid week when I interviewed? So I’m thinking we will get mail this weekend or next week if that’s true!!

Eubanks said mail would be sent out mid week when I interviewed? So I’m thinking we will get mail this weekend or next week if that’s true!!
Yes maybe Friday , no later than Tuesday. But they could have sent it Tuesday so if you live locally it could be any time now

I received my mail the thursday after the friday meeting so good luck!

Hopefully tomorrow is the day. I live in Nola and did not get a letter today.

It'll be at least Saturday for me because I do not live in NOLA. Surprised y'all didn't get it today.
I have a hunch that not all of us will be NFA. Some of us will be very happy in a few days.

I knew today wasn’t gonna be it, if they keep their word about when they mailed it then maybe tomorrow maaaaaaybe. Good luck y’all!!! I hope we all become tigers!! Or hope lucky tigers on hold, but eventually tigers

I knew today wasn’t gonna be it, if they keep their word about when they mailed it then maybe tomorrow maaaaaaybe. Good luck y’all!!! I hope we all become tigers!! Or hope lucky tigers on hold, but eventually tigers

I sure hope so. I am so ready. Just hope I'm one of the lucky ones. I think tomorrow will be the day as well for the NOLA folks, so smile when walking to the mailbox tomorrow.

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but I seem to remember while perusing through last year’s thread that someone said the mail came out of Baton Rouge and not Nola. Not sure if this is true, but if it is, you might need to budget an extra day to get from BR down to Nola. Don’t know, just offering that up! ✌️

Last edited:
Honestly wouldn’t even be surprised if they didn’t mail them till today.

NFAd today. Kinda bummed but Dr. Eubanks said this is the most common type of letter :/
x2... dang. I was sure I had stood out enough to get accepted out right. I guess it's just so late in the cycle for that. Well, I cannot remember the exact date of the huge advocacy meeting. Was is like February 15th or something?

x2... dang. I was sure I had stood out enough to get accepted out right. I guess it's just so late in the cycle for that. Well, I cannot remember the exact date of the huge advocacy meeting. Was is like February 15th or something?
NFAd as well. We are not alone lol. When is the advocacy meeting? I guess I will start planning to reapply at the worst.

I guess there isn't much to do right now. I just want to know when I need to start holding my breath when I check my mailbox again. Later this month after the meeting?

Early March
I guess there isn't much to do right now. I just want to know when I need to start holding my breath when I check my mailbox again. Later this month after the meeting?

Received an acceptance letter today!!!! Completely in shock, totally though I was going to get an NFA.

Reactions: 6 users
Received an acceptance letter today!!!! Completely in shock, totally though I was going to get an NFA.
Awesome! Congrats. What’s your stats?!

Still waiting. I live an hour from my mailing address ugh

Awesome! Congrats. What’s your stats?!

Still waiting. I live an hour from my mailing address ugh
3.5 science 3.7 overall and 506. I’ve had a lot of volunteer experience and I think that helped. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
That's bizarre. Is your mailing address in a rural area? Or out of state? Maybe that could cause the delay. I'd definitely call the admissions office if you don't receive something by Wednesday.

That's bizarre. Is your mailing address in a rural area? Or out of state? Maybe that could cause the delay. I'd definitely call the admissions office if you don't receive something by Wednesday.
Only about 20 minutes away from Nola in a regular suburban area :( weird! As of yesterday another friend of mine in my interview group didn’t get his either

Only about 20 minutes away from Nola in a regular suburban area :( weird! As of yesterday another friend of mine in my interview group didn’t get his either
Maybe you guys are going to be reviewed in the big review with everyone else?

Maybe
Maybe you guys are going to be reviewed in the big review with everyone else?
Maybe… But I hope not because we interviewed the first week of January :( i’m afraid to call
because what if they’re like… You’ve been rejected, you didn’t know?! LOL

I don’t know what to think. It just seems weird that they would discuss, accept, and NFA other January applicants, but not us! We shall see what happens.

Maybe

Maybe… But I hope not because we interviewed the first week of January :( i’m afraid to call
because what if they’re like… You’ve been rejected, you didn’t know?! LOL

I don’t know what to think. It just seems weird that they would discuss, accept, and NFA other January applicants, but not us! We shall see what happens.
My letter came like 1-1.5 weeks after they said my letter would arrive. It drove me nuts, so just try to relax and find a way to occupy your mind

ACCEPTED! Geaux Tigers baby!!!!!!! :shifty:

They delivered the mail to my neighbor..... -_-

Reactions: 11 users
ACCEPTED! Geaux Tigers baby!!!!!!! :shifty:

They delivered the mail to my neighbor..... -_-

So awesome! Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm thinking I may have to boost my resume. Really hope I can join you all.

Last edited:
I heard the big meeting is Feb 22, so you can maybe expect to receive letters at the end of the month and early March.