2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any news? NFA today following an early March interview

Members don't see this ad.

NFA today. Pretty sure that’s all they are handing out right now til later in the month or early May.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So any clue why I haven’t gotten a rejection and no II (I got an II last year). Just very confused

So any clue why I haven’t gotten a rejection and no II (I got an II last year). Just very confused
No idea. I think the last interviews are probably being sent out if they haven't been already. I can't recall how long we interview til.

Last II should have already gone out.
Last year I didn’t get an interview and didn’t get my rejection letter in until late May.

Does anyone know the facebook link to the class of 2023 page? Thanks.

Does anyone know when the next advocacy meeting will be?

Does anyone know how much time LSU SOM gives for designated Step 1 studying? Thanks.

Are you referring to graduate credits? Do you have to file an additional form to take advantage of this or just have them see it on your primary app? TY.

I applied this cycle, used the 32-hour policy, and was accepted. There is no additional form to signify that you want to take advantage of the 32-hour policy. You just include your graduate grades where it tells you to on the primary app and, if you have more than 32 graduate hours, then they will look at your graduate GPA instead of your undergrad GPA. Not sure what they do if your undergrad GPA is better than your graduate GPA, but I imagine in that case they would use common sense and not replace your undergrad GPA with your graduate GPA, and instead would consider both your undergraduate and graduate GPA's together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much time LSU SOM gives for designated Step 1 studying? Thanks.
We just started dedicated yesterday. We have to have taken the exam by June 22nd I believe.

What happens at the regular meeting vs. advocacy?
I received my NFA letter today after the committee met on Friday. Per Dr. Eubanks on my interview day (April 10), everyone who is still under consideration (those who received NFA letters) will be presented by one of their interviewers at the advocacy meeting on May 9th. The committee will vote on and then rank each candidate. Once the 200 seats in the class are filled, everyone who remains will be put on the waitlist. They don’t tell you where you are on the waitlist though. If you are still NFA after May 9th, the next communication you receive from the committee will be their final decision but that can be anytime between May 9th and July. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
How do we see our financial aid information?

Thank you, bav1212, for the clarification. I just hope my advocate is one of my interviewers whom I thought I did well with. I thought 2/3 of my interviews were strong. Good luck to everyone. I hope enough of us get the opportunity and that the waitlist has some movement.

I applied this cycle, used the 32-hour policy, and was accepted. There is no additional form to signify that you want to take advantage of the 32-hour policy. You just include your graduate grades where it tells you to on the primary app and, if you have more than 32 graduate hours, then they will look at your graduate GPA instead of your undergrad GPA. Not sure what they do if your undergrad GPA is better than your graduate GPA, but I imagine in that case they would use common sense and not replace your undergrad GPA with your graduate GPA, and instead would consider both your undergraduate and graduate GPA's together.

Where did you do your 32 hours at if you don't mind me asking? I plan on applying for the 2020-2021 cycle with 32 hour policy too.

Advocacy meeting is today. Sending good juju to all of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything? I'm in limbo and it's driving me crazy lol!

I would imagine we'll find out via snail mail sometime next week. Let's pray a lot of people decided to go somewhere else so enough spots will open for us. Good luck to us all.

I just thought they would do phone calls following the big advocacy meeting like in years past. Who knows, all we can do is wait!

I just thought they would do phone calls following the big advocacy meeting like in years past. Who knows, all we can do is wait!
It is very tough knowing that a decision may already be made but we have to wait lol. I do believe it is snail mail as of right now, but if I'm wrong, I don't mind being corrected.

Just got a phone call! ACCEPTED! 3rd time reapplicant!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!! Call around 10:30 AM. Letters going out later this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Does everyone that was accepted from this past advocacy meeting get a call or is it just a select few and the rest have to wait for letters?

Congrats to everyone who got a call today, esp underdog for not giving up after two other rejections. I did not hear anything yet. I'm not as hopeful at this point, but I am hoping for closure and a surprise.

Last edited:
I interviewed on March 26. 505 MCAT and a ~3.8 GPA. Like I said earlier in the post I’m a third time reapplication so please don’t give up! Keep applying and meet with Eubanks and do what he suggests. It can be painful at times but this admissions committee loves persistence.
If you have any questions feel free to message me.

I interviewed early March. I also interviewed last year around the same time and was subsequently waitlisted and then rejected. My stats are average for the school. It's never too early to bolster your app and remember that persistence is key! From what I've read from previous threads for LSU-NOLA, those accepted from the advocacy meeting get a call. Those who are waitlisted and/or rejected are notified via snail mail.

I interviewed on March 26. 505 MCAT and a ~3.8 GPA. Like I said earlier in the post I’m a third time reapplication so please don’t give up! Keep applying and meet with Eubanks and do what he suggests. It can be painful at times but this admissions committee loves persistence.
If you have any questions feel free to message me.
I tried to message you but it wouldn't let me, but my question to you is what did you do after your first rejection that you think allowed you to finally get in? I already scheduled the MCAT again :-/

After my first rejection I just continued to work and get more experience.
After my second rejection I retook the MCAT (I recommend taking a prep course) and I took an upper level biology over last summer.
Make a meeting with Eubanks and he will guide you on what to do.

To anyone that was just recently accepted, did you receive your letter in the mail? They told me it would be in Wed/Thur but still nothing

Okay yeah just checking. Maybe tomorrow for me

If y’all really want to torture yourselves, sign up for USPS informed delivery. You get an email with images of every piece of mail arriving to your house every day.

If y’all really want to torture yourselves, sign up for USPS informed delivery. You get an email with images of every piece of mail arriving to your house every day.
This guy premeds

Got my rejection, and I wasn't close on the waiting list. COngrats to everyone else. Back to work for me.

Does the letter tell you where you are on the waitlist? I’m out of town and won’t be able to check my mail until Monday! And did anyone receive letters saying they were on the waitlist?

I got a letter saying I'm on a "prioritized alternate list" - anyone have more info on what that means? Where on the waitlist I am..?

Officially Commited to LSU's MD/PhD Program and withdrew from all other waitlists. Congrats to all my fellow tigers!!!

There is only one waitlist and they call it the prioritized alternate list.
They do not disclose where you are on the waitlist.

Does the letter tell you where you are on the waitlist? I’m out of town and won’t be able to check my mail until Monday! And did anyone receive letters saying they were on the waitlist?
Yes I did. Good luck to you! Would be nice if spots opened up!