2018-2019 Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is how I was reading that too!
I am thinking this means that they kept making offers, but some people declined even after being ranked on the WL, so they kept going down the list? Or maybe I am reading all of it incorrectly...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted. really nervous because this is one of my top schools

I just got an email but it said nothing about a waitlist. It said:

"Please be advised that we mailed your admission decision today. Given the importance of this communication, it is our practice to send all final admission decisions via USPS first class mail to your permanent (home) address that you listed in your NEOMED supplemental application."

Is this what everyone else got, or is it a rejection/acceptance?

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email but it said nothing about a waitlist. It said:

"Please be advised that we mailed your admission decision today. Given the importance of this communication, it is our practice to send all final admission decisions via USPS first class mail to your permanent (home) address that you listed in your NEOMED supplemental application."

Is this what everyone else got, or is it a rejection/acceptance?
If I remember correctly from last year's thread that's typically an A or R. Congrats for not falling into the beaten path if so!

II just now! Available interview dates are late January, early February.

Quite surprised because I am OOS and LM ~ 65, but still feel very grateful and excited!

Secondary received: 08/13, Secondary submitted: 08/16, Casper received: 08/28

Quite surprised because I am OOS and LM ~ 65, but still feel very grateful and excited!

How many total interview dates can u see?

Literally got the casper recieved update email this morning then the II just now!

I just got one too! OOS with same LM. I litterally got the casper recieved update email this morning and then the II this afternoon!

OOS II today. I loved this school when I was researching for medical schools to apply to.
Complete end of August.

Does anyone know post II acceptance?

EDIT: only accepting 20-25 people this application cycle? Now I'm worried...
I'm pretty sure this is misinterpreted....20-25 seats = 21 matriculate, but that SHOULDN'T mean they only accepted 20-25..... that doesn't make sense at all because not everyone matriculates.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Now, I'm not really sure whether to attend the interview or not....

I mean if you have an acceptance already....it is not worth the money you are going to spend on transportation + lodging, but if you don’t it is better than nothing I guess

That was a sweet email from NEOMED :') First time seeing a friendly update from a med school

Are they system based or traditional? Any attendance requirement? And do you know the average STEP score?
Next year the curriculum is changing, from what I’ve heard it is system based. I heard histology will be taught in a one month module and the extracurricular classes (Evidenced based medicine, human values in medicine) will be in the start of the year prior to science classes.

For us there is no attendance requirement for lec and they record every session. Anatomy lab is mandatory with a quiz every session and there is a non mandatory histology lab.

Our typical schedule currently is 8 to 5 MWF with extracurricular classes T, TH for 2 to 6 hours. Unsure how it’ll be next year.

Sorry don’t know board scores I’m just enjoying first year at the moment haha but I can ask someone.

Is anyone going to be taking greyhound to cleveland ohio station? I'll be arriving at 7am on January 24th on the bus and am wondering if anyone would like to share an uber and split the cost?

Is anyone going to be taking greyhound to cleveland ohio station? I'll be arriving at 7am on January 24th on the bus and am wondering if anyone would like to share an uber and split the cost?
could you take the greyhound to Akron? Its half as far as cleveland

Did you guys also receive a holiday card? I thought that was really sweet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Withdrawing before my interview here, hopefully someone here waitting for an invite gets the spot!

Reactions: 1 users
I saw people above discussing their previous position on the WL. Is there a place to visit or a number to call to find my WL position?

I saw people above discussing their previous position on the WL. Is there a place to visit or a number to call to find my WL position?
I believe they won't release the WL position until after they have interviewed everyone (i.e., around May?).

Per the email I received a few weeks back:
"You should not necessarily expect to hear from us again until May 2019.

"Upon completion of all interviews in March 2019, we will again contact you by email using this address in approximately early-May 2019. We will ask you if you have an interest in receiving an offer of admission from NEOMED should one arise or whether you have committed to enroll elsewhere. At this time we will request that you update NEOMED as to whether you would like to remain on the alternate list or not. Candidates that do not reply to the continued interest email survey may be removed from the alternate list as passive withdrawals. Once we receive all of the survey answers, we will then reciprocate and establish an alternate list ranking order. We will share your rank at that time, but not until then."

Anyone know if NEOMED accepts updates or not?

I believe I read somewhere in the previous year’s thread that they do accept updates pre-II but not post interview

Anyone know if NEOMED accepts updates or not?

I don’t think so...In their update email, it states:

“So the big question I always get is this: “May I submit application updates or commitment intentions to assist my candidacy?” The honest answer is as follows: We rely on AMCAS to properly vet all application information to ensure accuracy and quality, and we do not have evaluation resources to re-visit each and every candidate in an equitable manner. Therefore to preserve the integrity of the admission process for all concerned, we do not consider any updates made outside of AMCAS in any stage of the admission decision process.”

Invitation to interview today, traditional applicant. Any idea about post-interview acceptance rate? Someone asked that above but we still don't have an answer.

Invitation to interview today, traditional applicant. Any idea about post-interview acceptance rate? Someone asked that above but we still don't have an answer.
When did you submit your secondary? Last year the post interview acceptance rate was something like 10-15%

Rejected pre-II. Just have to give NEOMED props for a series of very thoughtful and detailed emails throughout the admissions cycle. A classy bunch in the admissions office there.

Declined II earlier today; only date available for me was March 1 on the webpage

Next year the curriculum is changing, from what I’ve heard it is system based. I heard histology will be taught in a one month module and the extracurricular classes (Evidenced based medicine, human values in medicine) will be in the start of the year prior to science classes.

For us there is no attendance requirement for lec and they record every session. Anatomy lab is mandatory with a quiz every session and there is a non mandatory histology lab.

Our typical schedule currently is 8 to 5 MWF with extracurricular classes T, TH for 2 to 6 hours. Unsure how it’ll be next year.

Sorry don’t know board scores I’m just enjoying first year at the moment haha but I can ask someone.
hey i got an interview here on Thursday can I pm you to ask about the school?