2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bullet pointed list popped up on my portal again (post interview). I’ve seen this with other people on this thread. Is this usually a good sign?

Did anyone else have this same thing occur? I just interviewed on 01/11 and my bullet list is back - but no link for deposit.

Did anyone else have this same thing occur? I just interviewed on 01/11 and my bullet list is back - but no link for deposit.

Yes, I think it means nothing. It may just be the computer's way of saying that you interviewed. I would not look at that as an indicator. I doubt decisions have been made for a 01/11 interview. I just got waitlisted today from an interview on 12/17. Good luck and don't be anxious! Being anxious will not make the wait any shorter or better.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much this was so helpful! im actually insanely dumb and thought i had applied to the suwanee campus and when i just now checked realized i applied to moultrie. i just sent in the application for suwanee so im not sure if that will apply for this interview but either way i am grateful!

It most likely won't. It can take them up to 15 days to process letters and payments. I would call admissions and make them aware of your situation. In the long run it might save you and them time to be up front. From my experience they were super nice and willing to help.

Just got a waitlist mail today (posted January 10th and interviewed January 4th)
Anyone know how often people get moved from waitlist to being accepted? And for those that did move, how long after you got the mail did you end up moving off of the list?
I got waitlisted and 2 days later I got accepted!

Reactions: 5 users
thank you so much this was so helpful! im actually insanely dumb and thought i had applied to the suwanee campus and when i just now checked realized i applied to moultrie. i just sent in the application for suwanee so im not sure if that will apply for this interview but either way i am grateful!
Let me know if you talk to admissions. I was kind of thinking of doing the same thing, but if I need to through the headache of interviewing again then its not worth it haha

If you would like to go to the Suwanee campus it might be worth your effort. I am from the area and I love it here. However, it is extremely small. Moultrie has a Walmart, a Publix and a handful of restaurants and that's about it. I am in no way trying to discourage anyone from attending, but you should be aware of what you are signing up for. I think anyone who is going to potentially spend the next 4 years of their life and a crap ton of money should make an informed decision and have their options open. If you do decide to come here I hope you love the community and have a great experience. The community is truly excited for PCOM to be here.

Side bar to anyone who is attending, I would secure your housing early because there are only a few good options.
Dont get me wrong, I am beyond grateful to be accepted to the first class in Moultrie, and I am excited to be a part of a small group of students. I am a little worried though, as I have lived my whole life in big cities. I have also been hearing some bad stuff from the Suwannee campus lately, and would like to know how the new campus will be run.

Dont get me wrong, I am beyond grateful to be accepted to the first class in Moultrie, and I am excited to be a part of a small group of students. I am a little worried though, as I have lived my whole life in big cities. I have also been hearing some bad stuff from the Suwannee campus lately, and would like to know how the new campus will be run.

I asked that in my interview and was told it was likely they were going to incorporate the same mandatory attendance policy. I doubt anything is set in stone yet though.

Yes, I think it means nothing. It may just be the computer's way of saying that you interviewed. I would not look at that as an indicator. I doubt decisions have been made for a 01/11 interview. I just got waitlisted today from an interview on 12/17. Good luck and don't be anxious! Being anxious will not make the wait any shorter or better.

You still have a very good chance to be accepted. I was accepted after placing in the waitlist 2 weeks. Are there anyway i can contact you, I plan to go Moultrie tomorrow to look at apartments.

You still have a very good chance to be accepted. I was accepted after placing in the waitlist 2 weeks. Are there anyway i can contact you, I plan to go Moultrie tomorrow to look at apartments.

Message me on here. I have a couple recommendations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the letter accepted to south ga and waitlisted for suwanee

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted 12/17 interview. Yay, I'm going to doctor school!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an II yesterday at 4pm for this Friday! Talk about panic mode. Luckily they helped me reschedule for 2/1. Looking forward to interviewing here!

When should we consider this school a lost cause? Haven't heard a peep. Was really hoping they'd give me a shot.

I’m in the same boat

If you look through past forums and from what current students have said, this school gives outright acceptances all the way through February. With them now interviewing for South GA as well, they may even have to go into March, but I am just guessing here. After that point they are most likely interviewing only for wait-lists. The large deposit for everyone is due in mid-April at which point they will start pulling from the wait-list as deposit deadlines end.

I think if you do not have an interview or acceptance in the very near future, I would be preparing for next application cycle. Contacting letter writers, signing up for new MCAT or classes, volunteering, etc. I am saying this because I don't have an acceptance and am trying to be proactive. Once mid march hits and you do not have any interview invites you should be assuming one will not come. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best!

If you look through past forums and from what current students have said, this school gives outright acceptances all the way through February. With them now interviewing for South GA as well, they may even have to go into March, but I am just guessing here. After that point they are most likely interviewing only for wait-lists. The large deposit for everyone is due in mid-April at which point they will start pulling from the wait-list as deposit deadlines end.

I think if you do not have an interview or acceptance in the very near future, I would be preparing for next application cycle. Contacting letter writers, signing up for new MCAT or classes, volunteering, etc. I am saying this because I don't have an acceptance and am trying to be proactive. Once mid march hits and you do not have any interview invites you should be assuming one will not come. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best!
Yeah luckily I have another acceptance and an interview... but it would be nice to hear from pcom

I'd love to know when anyone who interviewed on 01/11 hears back. I see no changes on my portal yet.

Hi Everyone,
I was in Moultrie today to secure an apartment. Check it out: arborson4th.com; 3 bed/ 2 bath.
Wanted: Female roommate;$ 475/mo; includes utilities.
You will get 1 bedroom, 1 office room, and private bath!
Contact for details.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Withdrew from PCOM SOUTH GA, hopefully one of y'all get the seat! Will be attending PCOM GA.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I paid my $250 about a week ago and I still hot an email from them remainding me to pay this deposit?
Did you guys also get this? Or should I contact hem to make sure that it was received?

Hey guys I paid my $250 about a week ago and I still hot an email from them remainding me to pay this deposit?
Did you guys also get this? Or should I contact hem to make sure that it was received?
I did not get a reminding email. Have you checked your banner to see if there is a received date next to your $250 deposit? I would call them if your banner hasn't shown this.

I just had a link pop up with a $250 deposit? Does that mean what I hope it means?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received acceptance from the Jan. 4 interview?

Have you still not heard back yet? I have no changes on my portal yet and nothing in the mail, but mail didn't run yesterday so who knows what today will hold.

Any other 1/4 and 1/11 interviewers hear back yet?

Have you still not heard back yet? I have no changes on my portal yet and nothing in the mail, but mail didn't run yesterday so who knows what today will hold.

Any other 1/4 and 1/11 interviewers hear back yet?

It sucks but it’s not abnormal to wait several weeks. I waited almost a month for a decision. I hope you hear something good soon!

II on 1/11 got a wait list letter today for the Georgia campus. I am wondering if there are separate decisions for the two campuses? I did apply to Georgia and South Georgia.

Hi! Recently waitlisted for GA and accepted to South GA. Anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist for the Suwanee campus? Especially since I'm already accepted to the Moultrie campus?

Last edited:
II on 1/11 got a wait list letter today for the Georgia campus. I am wondering if there are separate decisions for the two campuses? I did apply to Georgia and South Georgia.

I think so. In my case, I got the waitlist letter for GA first and received an acceptance letter for South GA just a few days later.

Hi! Recently waitlisted for GA and accepted to South GA. Anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist for the Suwanee campus? Especially since I'm already accepted to the Moultrie campus?
When did you interview?

They are technically treated as two different schools. I am not sure if one necessarily affects the other. However, if you got into one you are probably a good candidate for the other. It's most likely more of a numbers game of when/if seats become available at GA-PCOM. Congratulations on your acceptance and I hope you get the campus of your choice.

Has anyone gotten access to MyPCOM? I submitted by deposit but haven't heard back since...

Interviewed 1/4. Accepted by snail mail for suwanee!!! So happy this is my number one choice!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten access to MyPCOM? I submitted by deposit but haven't heard back since...
If you haven't gotten it already check your email. I just got access to mypcom.

for anyone who sent thank you letters to your interviewers, if you sent it to the admissions email did they ever respond to you? i

yo just an FYI, if you end up going to PA for your rotations (about 2/5 of the class) you don't get a dedicated studying period for boards. The faculty told us this after we ranked our areas and needless to say this is just par for the course for this institution.