2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My email also only said I was interviewing for GA, but I mentioned that I applied for South GA during my interview and ended up with waitlist letters for both campuses.
Ok I’ll make sure to mention it in my interview. Thank you so much! Was your interview based off the 30 min assignment or more conversational?

Members don't see this ad.

Invited for Interview 3/6, Interviewed 3/15, received wait list notification for both GA and South GA campuses yesterday in the Mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I interviewed same day and im not seeing any portal changes which means i got waitlisted too. RIP
Oops I interviewed the same day too no changes in my portal, but also no letter in mail

Also we dont get any email notification of our acceptance status ?

Well, I interviewed same day and im not seeing any portal changes which means i got waitlisted too. RIP
At this point I feel like everyone is going to be waitlisted and maybe movement will occur after April 15th when the second deposit is due.

Current WL applicant here. I have heard of people discussing letter of intents and have no experience with them. Can anyone shed some light on what to include other than the obvious? and are they really helpful or just annoying to the admissions committee?
hey whats your stats?
I would send them a letter of INTENT

hey whats your stats?
I would send them a letter of INTENT

Hey, so yea i got waitlisted on Thursday for both campuses. I holding fingers crossed maybe there is some movement. I sent letter of intent about 5 days, after I sent it directly to the South GA campus, director of admissions. I have a mail tracker, he read it like 4 minutes after I sent it and still got waitlisted. So I dont know

Already put down an initial deposit here but will be withdrawing my acceptance

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, so yea i got waitlisted on Thursday for both campuses. I holding fingers crossed maybe there is some movement. I sent letter of intent about 5 days, after I sent it directly to the South GA campus, director of admissions. I have a mail tracker, he read it like 4 minutes after I sent it and still got waitlisted. So I dont know
What kind of mail tracker do yo use?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone confirm whether last Friday's interview was the last one for this cycle, or whether they still have more dates? Thank you, and congrats to all of you who got accepted :)

Can anyone confirm whether last Friday's interview was the last one for this cycle, or whether they still have more dates? Thank you, and congrats to all of you who got accepted :)
I interviewed on Friday and they did confirm it was their last interview for this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a deadline to accept the stafford loans? Like a few days before April 14th, the date that the deposit is due, is still okay?

anyone know who i should i e-mail to decline my admission offer for the south ga campus/ withdraw from the waitlist to the ga campus??

anyone know who i should i e-mail to decline my admission offer for the south ga campus/ withdraw from the waitlist to the ga campus??
Just email them and let them know what you want to do.

Hey guys congrats on getting through the interview cycle.

To those that did not receive an interview (here or any where else). This set back in no way determines your self worth or if you would make a good physician. If you have to go somewhere else for medical school. Understand that admissions is human and in no way a perfect process. If you have to reapply please take a realistic look at your application. Make improvements. Talk to people on the "What are my chances" and come back with a new fire in the next application cycle you are ready to apply. Prove everyone who doubted you wrong and we will be here to root for you!

To those of you on the waitlist. Keep the faith but start preparing for another application cycle. Yes I know it stinks hearing that but its important to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. There is a large deposit that will be due in May for many acceptances. I'm sure several will elect to attend another DO/MD school. Several of my classmates came off the waitlist in June/July. Just be ready for the call/email. Be prepared to start on day one. One reason several students fail in the first term is because they weren't prepared for the move to Suwanee, or something set them a couple days behind at the start of school. They simply got pulled off the waitlist very late and were not ready. Don't be that person!

To the guys/gals that will be attending GA-PCOM or South Georgia, congrats! Please don't do anything haha. RELAX. If you really need something to do. Work on putting yourself in the best possible position to be ready to go on day one. See the dentist, get your car fixed. Set up an easy meal plan that has appropriate calories, protein etc. Work on making an easy work out schedule. Set expectations with your family/SO so they understand what you are going to be doing over the next couple years. Don't hesitate to talk to several of your upperclassmen if you have any specific questions. A lot of us are really happy to help!

Reactions: 8 users
Is there a deadline to accept the stafford loans? Like a few days before April 14th, the date that the deposit is due, is still okay?

I’m not sure. And I may be wrong about this but I think I was told once by someone at financial aid that you can’t even apply for financial aid until after 4/17. I would call them and see what they have to say.

Don't hesitate to talk to several of your upperclassmen if you have any specific questions. A lot of us are really happy to help!
Second this and all of the advice of @getfat . Most of us are more than happy to offer what little wisdom we have. As you plan ahead, realize and accept that your initial plans probably won't cut it. I've seen many of my classmates struggle because they come in with some idea of how med school will work and refuse to adapt when expectations don't equal reality. Come in with a strong game plan that you're willing to adjust as you settle in.

Is there a Facebook group created for those attending the Ga campus?
Also, do you guys know if attendance is mandatory? And if it’s what percentage?
Thank you in advance :)
Class facebooks should be coming soon

Interviewed Mid March. got waitlisted 1 week post interview. Got off the waitlist today. I did have the contingent acceptance thing tho. also they are asking me to pay 1750 + 1500 by next week which i feel is really soon cause i need to get that much money in a short amount of time lol.... do you think it would be worth calling and asking for them to extend the deadline?

Interviewed Mid March. got waitlisted 1 week post interview. Got off the waitlist today. I did have the contingent acceptance thing tho. also they are asking me to pay 1750 + 1500 by next week which i feel is really soon cause i need to get that much money in a short amount of time lol.... do you think it would be worth calling and asking for them to extend the deadline?

Was this for South Ga or GA? Also it should only be 1750 if anything by April 15.

It should be 250 + 1500. Also congrats, and do you mind sharing your stats?

I think if you check the traffic rules they can ask for the full deposit within a couple weeks as the schools now need to know people want to attend since they have to get those classes filled. Usually they do not give deadline extensions.

Was this for South Ga or GA? Also it should only be 1750 if anything by April 15.
Georgia campus!

It should be 250 + 1500. Also congrats, and do you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you! In-state student, female, ORM, traditional, 3.8, 507, decent amount of EC/Research/Shadowing

I think if you check the traffic rules they can ask for the full deposit within a couple weeks as the schools now need to know people want to attend since they have to get those classes filled. Usually they do not give deadline extensions.
Thank you! ya the letter was sent out much earlier. i just got the letter late. so i hope they could do something about it. but thanks for the information!

Hi guys. I interview march 15th, and got waitlisted on the 25th for the georgia and South georgia campus.
If you get off the waitlist do they also notify you by snail mail?
Also what are your thoughts on a letter intent?
Does it even make a difference?
Thanks in advance for your help

Interviewed March 29th and just got my Wait List letter for south GA today. It's my top choice so I'm praying I get in :(. No letter from GA yet.

Interviewed March 29th and just got my Wait List letter for south GA today. It's my top choice so I'm praying I get in :(. No letter from GA yet.
I interviewed the same day, and would very much love to get into the South GA campus. I haven't heard back anything yet. :(

I interviewed the same day, and would very much love to get into the South GA campus. I haven't heard back anything yet. :(
I hope you hear something back soon! And I hope we both get in!! :). I keep checking my portal like 10 times a day lol

I hope you hear something back soon! And I hope we both get in!! :). I keep checking my portal like 10 times a day lol
Thank you! I really hope we both get in to!! Just trying to stay positive as the days go on haha :) The portal we are supposed to be checking is the one where they posted there receipt of our application materials correct? ( Reccs, mcat score, app, etc) with the received and note columns?

Thank you! I really hope we both get in to!! Just trying to stay positive as the days go on haha :) The portal we are supposed to be checking is the one where they posted there receipt of our application materials correct? ( Reccs, mcat score, app, etc) with the received and note columns?
Yeah that's the portal! A deposit link is supposed to show up if we get accepted. I'm hoping that since there's a deposit for people that have been accepted on April 15th there will be some movement with decisions soon after

Yeah that's the portal! A deposit link is supposed to show up if we get accepted. I'm hoping that since there's a deposit for people that have been accepted on April 15th there will be some movement with decisions soon after
Okay great! And yes, I’m really hoping so too! Hopefully I’ll be getting a letter soon (a good one) was yours dated today’s date?

Okay great! And yes, I’m really hoping so too! Hopefully I’ll be getting a letter soon (a good one) was yours dated today’s date?
It's dated 4/5 and was also mailed that day (I'm OOS). I'm not surprised with the wait list decision though since the interview was late in the cycle but I'll still remain hopeful! :)

It's dated 4/5 and was also mailed that day (I'm OOS). I'm not surprised with the wait list decision though since the interview was late in the cycle but I'll still remain hopeful! :)
Oh okay well yes, definitely remain hopeful! You are still being considered and that is a really great thing!! Keep me posted if you receive any more news. I really hope we get to be classmates one day soon!

If anyone else hears something back from our interview day let us know! :)

Last edited:
Hey guys! I interviewed March 15th and got wait listed to both campuses. I sent a letter of intent April 3rd (a little less than a week after getting my letters in the mail) and also had another DO physician that I shadowed submit a rec letter today. I would really love to go here...I know I probably just need to be patient at this point but are there any current students that have advice for me?

Any accepted students deciding to withdraw their acceptance this Monday at the Georgia/S-Georgia campus?

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew, I hope the spot goes to one of you here!! Best of luck.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys anyone here, who had paid their deposit with an echeck? How long did it take to take the money from your account and to be reflected on your pcom page?

Hey guys anyone here, who had paid their deposit with an echeck? How long did it take to take the money from your account and to be reflected on your pcom page?
The next day

I interviewed on March 15th and received waitlist letters for both Georgia and South Georgia (about 2 weeks later). I was a bit concerned because both letters stated, in red, that if offered a seat I had to show proof of completion of biochemistry by May. However, I have already completed a biochemistry course. It is my understanding that this statement was not on all waitlist letters. I decided to call PCOM to ask and was told that they did have a record of me taking biochem and I was not waitlisted for that reason. I guess my question would be why was this included in my letter when it did not apply to me? Or am I incorrect and this was on all waitlist letters? I know a similar question had been asked in previous pages but I do believe that answer applied in my case. Any feedback is appreciated and good luck to all my waitlist brothers and sisters!

just declined my acceptance to south ga and waitlist spot to ga hoping this helps some of you out!

Reactions: 5 users