2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guess PCOM isnt running a cycle for the class of 2023, sorry guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Wait what the heck, where’d you hear this?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahaha we’re all just in a very vulnerable state now and will believe anything we’re told

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone please explain to me how PCOM's average MCAT is a 500?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called them yet and asked for updates?

Didn't call, but I was in their chat room at the virtual DO fair (8/1) and they said that secondaries will be out "soon."
They also said by end of July before lol.

There is only one Supplemental Essay question, and it is as follows:

Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. (Word limit: 250)

Reactions: 1 users
I have a question, if I do not have 3 LOR from professors, should I even bother filling out the secondary apps? I only have 2 science prof and 2 DO letters of rec

Primary marked received by PCOM on June 26th
Secondary received just a few minutes ago

Secondary!

Edit: I have 3 faculty letters but I'm not sure if they included the course number and title in their letters...Is it that important?

Just received a secondary! Does anyone know if they send secondaries to all applicants?

I have a question, if I do not have 3 LOR from professors, should I even bother filling out the secondary apps? I only have 2 science prof and 2 DO letters of rec
Idk I'd try to get that last professor letter. They're pretty firm on the requirements for the LORs.

Damn, turns out any MCAT test date before August 2016 is considered expired, and I took it in May 2016. Sad to hear since I loved this school :(

secondary received and submitted. I'm a pro at writing these now

+1 on the secondary.. finally!!! Tired though, I'll write the essay tomorrow lol

Do you guys think that our MCATs/LORs in AACOMAS will transfer over or should we try to send those directly?

Wait does this mean my August 2016 mcat won’t count or it will?

This is the quote from the email:
“The MCAT must be taken within three years of the desired date of matriculation. For 2019 enrollment, exams taken before August 2016 will not be accepted to complete an applicant record.”

So it seems like an August 2016 MCAT should be fine!!

YOU RIGHT YOU RIGHT, I meant LOR only, long day apparently

for those of you who already submitted your secondary, does it say Fall 2018 on the drop down menu but 2019 on the top?

for those of you who already submitted your secondary, does it say Fall 2018 on the drop down menu but 2019 on the top?

Yup, I just checked my page and it says the same. Probably just a typo since the receipt at the end of submission says 2019!

Got the secondary, but don't have an option to complete the application. Do I have to pay the fee first? I have the fee waiver so I'm waiting on a response back in email

It will not complete your application. They are very specific on that.

My portal online says that my letters of recommendation haven't been received but they were submitted on AACOMAS in June...

My portal online says that my letters of recommendation haven't been received but they were submitted on AACOMAS in June...

"Please allow approximately 15 business days for the processing of items within the Office of Admissions once delivered."

Got the secondary, but don't have an option to complete the application. Do I have to pay the fee first? I have the fee waiver so I'm waiting on a response back in email
Same. I can login and click the "Fall 2019: Osteopathic Medicine- Philadelphia Campus" link, but it takes me to an application summary page and I can't find any option to actually begin filling out the secondary. Did this happen to anyone else?

EDIT: Never mind, I realized I wasn't looking at the correct link.

Last edited:
Same. I can login and click the "Fall 2019: Osteopathic Medicine- Philadelphia Campus" link, but it takes me to an application summary page and I can't find any option to actually begin filling out the secondary. Did this happen to anyone else?

I have a link in the email that says:
  • Complete PCOM Supplemental Application for Admission
and that brought me to the supplemental app.

How are you approaching the secondary prompt? Is this more of a "why pcom" essay or a "why should you accept me" type essay?

Received secondary yesterday.

Does selecting "No" for Are you a native English speaker * and then selecting "Option #1: English was the only language of instruction at my undergraduate institution" negatively affect my chances? I am an immigrant who came to USA in the beginning of high school and am now a dual citizen of USA and native country. I went to a US college for my BS degree. The language barriers issue has also been briefly mentioned in my personal statement.

Or should I just say "Yes" for Are you a native English speaker *? Because, I even think in English now (instead of my native language that I used to when I first immigrated).