2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Deposit just appeared on my portal no link yet. I'm shaking and crying right now guys. Scared that it's not real.

Reactions: 7 users
Yes. It's beeen a loooooong road of tears and anxiety. I just need to see that acceptance letter.
You rightfully deserve that very long awaited acceptance:)
Its been a long time coming and now you going to begin a new chapter in your life! But I know you won't feel like it's official until that letter is in your hand haha. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the email with the acceptance letter. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Still waiting here.
Thanks! I know how much it sucks to see acceptances rolling in while still hanging on the wait list. PCOM accepts literally until the day of classes so don't lose hope yet. I'm sure the WL is shrinking.

You rightfully deserve that very long awaited acceptance:)
Its been a long time coming and now you going to begin a new chapter in your life! But I know you won't feel like it's official until that letter is in your hand haha. Congrats!
Thanks so much! Did you apply as well?

Thanks! I know how much it sucks to see acceptances rolling in while still hanging on the wait list. PCOM accepts literally until the day of classes so don't lose hope yet. I'm sure the WL is shrinking.

No, not yet. I will be applying during the 20-21 cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the encouragement. Seems like everything's finally been moving since last week :) Staying positive, no reason not to. My name is on that list somewhere. Out of curiosity does anyone know how they select from the list? Do they go through and make a ranking, or is it more like they have 20 slots open so they select 20 people at the next meeting?

Congrats!! Have been seeing you encourage everyone for so long. So happy for you that its your time now :D

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the encouragement. Seems like everything's finally been moving since last week :) Staying positive, no reason not to. My name is on that list somewhere. Out of curiosity does anyone know how they select from the list? Do they go through and make a ranking, or is it more like they have 20 slots open so they select 20 people at the next meeting?
I've been told selection is based on keeping the class diverse so they look to balance the class. I don't know about the 20 offers for 20 seats thing though.

I've been told selection is based on keeping the class diverse so they look to balance the class. I don't know about the 20 offers for 20 seats thing though.

Ok, just curious about the process. Thanks and congrats again on the long awaited acceptance!

Hey all - does anyone know the range of MCAT scores that this school has accepted ? So lowest score and highest score ?

I created a Class of 2023 thread for anyone that may have questions and may not want to post in the FB group

sorry to bump an old thread, but why is there no 2019-20 PCOM thread??

Haven't heard anything yet either. Still hoping.

Hi, did anyone get in with a low mcat subsection score but a good GPA? trying to decide if i should apply or not bc I have a low CARS, ESL student but not underrepresented or anything. Please PM me if you guys get a chance! Thanks in advance!

Wow congrats. Great to know they are still accepting. I still don't have word either way. I assume that means there are slots still. Would the Masters still be realistic as a backup plan at this point?
Thank you! I think it’s still realistic, yes!

Congrats!! That's amazing news :D Super happy for you!

Are you in state or out of state?
Thank you! No, I’m in state! They called me to give me the seat. Unfortunately I missed orientation since I was in so late but oh well! Better late than never!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! What was your MCAT if you dont mind me asking
Lol let’s just say not great. I was a second time reapplicant and I knew I was rejected bc my MCAT score was piss poor. I retook the MCAT and shocker, I actually did WORSE. So I did the masters program got killer grades, worked full time, did some extracurriculars, killed my interview and then made the waitlist despite my scores. We can just leave it at not even a 500.... so I have my work cut out for me to prepare for COMLEX.

Lol let’s just say not great. I was a second time reapplicant and I knew I was rejected bc my MCAT score was piss poor. I retook the MCAT and shocker, I actually did WORSE. So I did the masters program got killer grades, worked full time, did some extracurriculars, killed my interview and then made the waitlist despite my scores. We can just leave it at not even a 500.... so I have my work cut out for me to prepare for COMLEX.

That's amazing and it shows perseverance pays off. It also shows MCAT scores aren't everything.

Can you believe I still don't have a decision?

Just to finish that thought, I ended up getting a decision 4 days after the start of class. So I am going international. I wish all of you the best of luck!