2018-2019 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This year the TMDSAS date, by which those with a Texas acceptance already may not be offered other Texas spots, is May 15. This means after May 15 new offers only go to OOS applicants or Texans with no prior offers.

I wonder if this means schools will attempt to remove from waitlist sooner or if those of us with other acceptances simply are less likely to get off the waitlist in time. :-/

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder if this means schools will attempt to remove from waitlist sooner or if those of us with other acceptances simply are less likely to get off the waitlist in time. :-/

That is indeed the golden question

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off of the WL on 4/24!! Sorry if this is a repeat question, but does anyone know if there is an accepted students FB page?

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Ah yes, finally, movement!

Hi guys,

Still in disbelief, but got off the waitlist for ENMED last night. Looks like the April 30 date for applicants with out of state acceptances will really start to get the ball rolling for waitlist movement. Hoping the best for everyone-hang in there!!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi guys,

Still in disbelief, but got off the waitlist for ENMED last night. Looks like the April 30 date for applicants with out of state acceptances will really start to get the ball rolling for waitlist movement. Hoping the best for everyone-hang in there!!
congrats @texas0623 Are you IS and is this your first acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody has heard anything since last Thursday?

Got accepted off waitlist last week... I think Thursday or Friday.

Does anyone know if we should be expecting to see WL movement jump this week and the next? I know everyone has been saying there is a ton of WL movement in May, just wondering when the majority is supposed to happen!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if we should be expecting to see WL movement jump this week and the next? I know everyone has been saying there is a ton of WL movement in May, just wondering when the majority is supposed to happen!

I would imagine so @Oakleysmom. April 30 was the date by which applicants with multiple offers of acceptance had to narrow down to their top choice. After this, I would expect schools to start evaluating how many open spots they have. Also keep in mind that when movement occurs might also depend on whether schools have a ranked or unranked waitlist. If it's unranked, they might re-review files of waitlist applicants to determine who to offer their spots to. I was on the waitlist for the ENMED program and was accepted off of it on April 30, and I know 2 other people who were also accepted off of the waitlist on May 1 and May 2 for the ENMED program as well.

I would imagine so @Oakleysmom. April 30 was the date by which applicants with multiple offers of acceptance had to narrow down to their top choice. After this, I would expect schools to start evaluating how many open spots they have. Also keep in mind that when movement occurs might also depend on whether schools have a ranked or unranked waitlist. If it's unranked, they might re-review files of waitlist applicants to determine who to offer their spots to. I was on the waitlist for the ENMED program and was accepted off of it on April 30, and I know 2 other people who were also accepted off of the waitlist on May 1 and May 2 for the ENMED program as well.
Are you IS or OOS

Felt like pretty slow movement this year...oh well! Good luck future Aggies! Looks like I’ll be taking my talents to the panhandle.

Reactions: 1 user
I did get accepted off the WL last week. From what I see on the facebook page of people joining, it seems like only 1 acceptance is going out a day. Don't give up!

I just got the call an hour ago, and am waiting on the email now. I am in-state and plan to accept!

Reactions: 8 users
Let’s be real, WL movement is probably over now this cycle :/
It's pretty hard to search out a "commit to enroll" date for the Texas schools since we don't really use that terminology like AMCAS does starting this year.
I was more curious what this declaration was based on, so I should have asked more directly. And I will

For anybody still on the WL, I'm rooting for you!! It ain't over till July 22

Reactions: 3 users