2018-2019 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any current Students willing to answer some questions? I have a lot before my interview at the end of the month and have a really hard time finding much info on the school website. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Got a II today. If anyone could give me insight on the interview here, it’d be very helpful! It’s my first one. Thanks!

Received interview invite yesterday and withdrew today. Complete end of September and they are offering late Feb interview dates. Good luck to everyone out there!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my acceptance here, as another program was a better fit for me; however, if it was my only acceptance I would of gladly gone to Touro-Harlem! Good luck everybody.

Reactions: 1 user
completed Nov 5th but still haven't heard anything back.
stat wise: 3.34 undergrad; 3.79 grad
518 MCAT
slowly breaking down over here...
is it safe to assume at this point that they have rejected me?

I would email them asking to confirm they received all your documents; I think you would def get an II with those stats

Is it possible to transfer between the campuses after receiving an acceptance?

completed Nov 5th but still haven't heard anything back.
stat wise: 3.34 undergrad; 3.79 grad
518 MCAT
slowly breaking down over here...
is it safe to assume at this point that they have rejected me?

I got my II like 2 days after I submitted my secondary, back in sept.

Interviewed on 1/14, super excited for this school. The flipped classroom model fits me so well and the location is just right for me. Staff are great, your typical New Yorkers: cold on the subway, warm at work

Reactions: 1 users
I really thought they sent a decision email but nope, just an email about the AT Still book

Hi! Just got to NYC. Anybody who's here for the weekend wants to meet and explore?

Just got II this morning! Early-mid March interview dates! Beyond excited...

Interviewed 1/9 I thought they said 2-4 weeks. Getting nervous anyone heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait listed today. Anyone know what WL movement is like?

Should I be giving up hope at this point with complete radio silence, complete 10/8?
On their website, they say that the interviews go from October to May. There definitely still is a chance! Meanwhile, keep your options open while waiting.

Hi guys! Does anyone have any info on waitlist movement?

Accepted! 1/22
Interview 12/10 (application was put on hold because I didn't take the CASPer until 12/12 then I had to wait 3 weeks for results)
II - 10/23
Complete: 10/4

Interview day started out with presentations. Then the individual Interviews were 2-on-1. They asked me the general questions like why DO? why medicine?

After the interview, we had lunch then we had a student panel followed by a panel with the academic deans to end the day.

ALSO PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL. My acceptance letter got sent there. If I hadn't received the letter in the mail 5 days later, I would have never known.

Accepted! 1/22
Interview 12/10 (application was put on hold because I didn't take the CASPer until 12/12 then I had to wait 3 weeks for results)
II - 10/23
Complete: 10/4

Interview day started out with presentations. Then the individual Interviews were 2-on-1. They asked me the general questions like why DO? why medicine?

After the interview, we had lunch then we had a student panel followed by a panel with the academic deans to end the day.

ALSO PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL. My acceptance letter got sent there. If I hadn't received the letter in the mail 5 days later, I would have never known.

Congratulations! Can you please describe what the student panel was like? Will we be graded based on our participation in the student panel or is the interview block the only thing that matters? Thank you for your answer!

Congratulations! Can you please describe what the student panel was like? Will we be graded based on our participation in the student panel or is the interview block the only thing that matters? Thank you for your answer!
the only thing that affects your admissions is the 2-1 interview and of course your behavior; the student panel is just a Q and A

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone happen to know for nyc the current clerkship locations are at Kingsbrook and SI hospital right? thanks

anyone from last week of jan hear back? also you can just have your luggage in the conference room

go with an open mind and perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I have an interview at Touro tomorrow. I'm just not very excited. I don't love the area the school is in and their (almost) mandatory attendance policy seems silly. They're really primary care/disadvantaged population focused, and while of course that's important it's not what I want to do with my career. And Touro seems so money focused, I don't get a great feeling from the school or administration. I don't want to have to reapply though...eek!

How was your interview experience if you mind me asking?

I had my interview Monday. I think I did well but it sort of reinforced my impression that Touro's priorities aren't the same as mine...lots of primary care talk, economic and social differences in health care access. Again, important, just not my personal focus. They seemed to have a sort of DO inferiority complex too, and c'mon, no one really starts out wanting to be a DO vs MD. So be sure to have a good answer to why DO!

Idk if it's a good fit for me but I really don't want to reapply...

Thank you for your answer and I'm glad to hear that you did well!
Sorry to learn that you don't think it's a good fit for you though. Maybe consider other options such as a job in healthcare consulting? The pay is very good and you can stay close to the healthcare industry. I do think it's risky to devote the next 4 years of your life to somewhere you don't think is a good fit for you (especially when it costs 100k annually).

I had my interview Monday. I think I did well but it sort of reinforced my impression that Touro's priorities aren't the same as mine...lots of primary care talk, economic and social differences in health care access. Again, important, just not my personal focus. They seemed to have a sort of DO inferiority complex too, and c'mon, no one really starts out wanting to be a DO vs MD. So be sure to have a good answer to why DO!

Did you have the good cop bad cop style interviewers?

haha actually there are some people who do start out wanting to be DOs over MDs! Like myself!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted a little while ago, had a pleasant experience interviewing, unfortunately a lot of applicants mistake med school for college... No school is gonna be your dream school or the best 4 years of your life. Med school is a means to an end which is becoming a medical professional. All this talk about "yeah this school is like this or like that" is straight bull****, everyone here is gonna thank their lucky charms for getting an acceptance regardless where it is to instead of sitting at home thinking about plan B.

Reactions: 6 users
Just wanted to make sure: is the interview at Harlem open file?

Just wanted to make sure: is the interview at Harlem open file?
Open file. But some interviewers choose not to read the applicant's folder beforehand. For my interview, 1 read my file beforehand and the other interviewer told me that he/she didn't but had it up on their computer.

Thank you for your reply! I assume they wouldn't ask questions like "tell me about yourself" then? Since they already have my file
They can ask about anything that's in there, my first question was concerning my MCAT score (510) , which was odd since I thought that's the whole point of a pre-interview screen so goes to show you that everything in your file is fair game.

Open file. But some interviewers choose not to read the applicant's folder beforehand. For my interview, 1 read my file beforehand and the other interviewer told me that he/she didn't but had it up on their computer.
Did you also have the good cop bad cop interview?