You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Tufts University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard anything from Tufts recently? Or are we assuming we won't see much WL movement until June-July when CTE comes into effect?
Any other fellow Maine Track WL'ers out there? I wonder how many people already CTE for the Maine Track..
I have not heard anything. I am very curious about what the waitlist movement is like specifically for the Maine Track. Anyone from years prior get waitlisted for Maine Track and then ultimately accepted?
It would be great to have an idea if I should just jump ship and start looking for housing where I am currently accepted.
I have not heard anything. I am very curious about what the waitlist movement is like specifically for the Maine Track. Anyone from years prior get waitlisted for Maine Track and then ultimately accepted?
It would be great to have an idea if I should just jump ship and start looking for housing where I am currently accepted.
Me too. I remember seeing someone in one of the prior year threads saying they got off WL in late May for Maine Track.
My concern is that most students applying for Maine Track probably have that as a top choice (Top 3) and if they get an offer will likely accept, meaning good estimates of acceptances and minimal WL movement. I unfortunately do not remember the numbers of MT specific applications, interviews, acceptances, and matriculants that were presented during interview day. I think it was something like 80 offers for 40 seats. Do you remember those numbers by chance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too. I remember seeing someone in one of the prior year threads saying they got off WL in late May for Maine Track.
My concern is that most students applying for Maine Track probably have that as a top choice (Top 3) and if they get an offer will likely accept, meaning good estimates of acceptances and minimal WL movement. I unfortunately do not remember the numbers of MT specific applications, interviews, acceptances, and matriculants that were presented during interview day. I think it was something like 80 offers for 40 seats. Do you remember those numbers by chance?
You are correct. I remember for sure it was 80 offers for 40 seats. They interview roughly 300 applicants each year. I don't remember the number of total applicants for MT or how many matriculated from those initial 80 offers (but I don't remember him going into that much detail).
Looks like most schools are still too antsy calculating matric yield to pull the trigger on WLs. We have to just wait. But yes I forsee lots of movement in the next 2 monthsi thought this was supposed to be a heavy WL yr. a lot of silence so far. anyone have any info?
labscience
Full Member
did anyone end up being successful negotiating a scholarship match?
I’m still trying to negotiate an acceptance HAHAdid anyone end up being successful negotiating a scholarship match?
Congrats!!and just when I lost all hope, accepted! From the Maine WL, to everyone else still waiting, hang in there!!
and just when I lost all hope, accepted! From the Maine WL, to everyone else still waiting, hang in there!!
Congratulations! what a relief. If you are willing to entertain my curiosity, when did you get the call?
Congratulations! what a relief. If you are willing to entertain my curiosity, when did you get the call?
ThreatLevelMidnight_
Full Member
earlier today at around noon
Any chance it was a 617-585 number? I have a missed call around that time. Wishful thinking haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok nothing so far...really...
There’s also the possibility that people are being called from WL and they don’t even know what student doc is
Unless they're admitting maybe 1-2 at a time, I find this pretty unlikely. Could be the hopeless optimism speaking though 🙂There’s also the possibility that people are being called from WL and they don’t even know what student doc is
bostonstrong95
Full Member
Anyone hear anything?
bigtomascho1
New Member
Does Tufts drug test prior to MS1 matriculation?
Sheesh still nothing!
PSA for all my waitlisted comrades, I called admissions and was told that the CTE deadline in early July would likely be the start of movement. They said they've filled a few spots intermittently, but are waiting for the big CTE date.
PSA for all my waitlisted comrades, I called admissions and was told that the CTE deadline in early July would likely be the start of movement. They said they've filled a few spots intermittently, but are waiting for the big CTE date.
Wow that’s outrageous. What a cycle. Doesn’t school start late July? This should be information that the school should be letting everyone know very publicly imo.
Thanks for sharing with everyone. Is this specific to regular or Maine? Or both?
I only asked about the regular track, idk about MaineWow that’s outrageous. What a cycle. Doesn’t school start late July? This should be information that the school should be letting everyone know very publicly imo.
Thanks for sharing with everyone. Is this specific to regular or Maine? Or both?
I can’t imagine being called in July and basically moving to a new state within 3 weeks... Adcoms really need to get it together and make this process less cruel. Basically been a year since we applied and are still waiting.
*takes MCAT today hoping that adcoms will makes a decision in June before score comes out in July*
*reads thread updates*
*now has established proof that a supreme being hates me*
GG
*reads thread updates*
*now has established proof that a supreme being hates me*
GG
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the odds the cycle we apply everything is a mess and there is no precedent whatsoever to give us a guidance timeline! Just our luck right
it is frustrating that those who were given deferred decision post interview were told that we could get accepted at any time. And same goes for WL. I wish we were told that that the majority of movement will occur in July instead of having to wait on the edge of our seats everyday
Last edited:
Wanted to add a data point for those like myself who have been wondering when waitlist movement was going to begin. I was accepted on Monday to the Regular Track MD Program - had previously accepted a "priority position" on the waitlist on 3/22.
bostonstrong95
Full Member
Congratulations on the acceptance! Just to clarify- you were accepted off of the waitlist this past Monday on 6/3? Did the waitlist email you received on 3/22 specify that you were in a "priority position"?Wanted to add a data point for those like myself who have been wondering when waitlist movement was going to begin. I was accepted on Monday to the Regular Track MD Program - had previously accepted a "priority position" on the waitlist on 3/22.
Thank you! The acceptance email did come on 6/3 and the waitlist email on 3/22 contained the text "At this time, we are not able to offer you a position in the incoming class but would like to offer you a priority position on our waitlist."Congratulations on the acceptance! Just to clarify- you were accepted off of the waitlist this past Monday on 6/3? Did the waitlist email you received on 3/22 specify that you were in a "priority position"?
Wow that’s the first time I read that there’s a priority waitlist lol
bostonstrong95
Full Member
I thought the waitlist wasn't ranked?Wow that’s the first time I read that there’s a priority waitlist lol
Wow that’s the first time I read that there’s a priority waitlist lol
I wonder how deep it is....anyone out there on it and still not accepted?
Last edited:
I thought the waitlist wasn't ranked?
It’s interesting because that was never mentioned at the interview or when I called admissions office or online! How sneaky of them
bostonstrong95
Full Member
Thanks for letting us know! Will you be accepting the offer?Thank you! The acceptance email did come on 6/3 and the waitlist email on 3/22 contained the text "At this time, we are not able to offer you a position in the incoming class but would like to offer you a priority position on our waitlist."
ThreatLevelMidnight_
Full Member
It’s interesting because that was never mentioned at the interview or when I called admissions office or online! How sneaky of them
From what I understand, the priority waitlist is for applicants who interviewed late in the cycle and likely would have been accepted had there been any more acceptances to give (class is full). In an ideal world, they wouldn’t need to have a priority waitlist, but with this year’s new traffic rules I think they are being cautious with handing out acceptances. So it’s not exactly the same as a regular waitlist, but definitely just as disappointing. Source: I am on said waitlist.
Waiting to see about financial aid, but if I decline I hope the spot goes to one of you!Thanks for letting us know! Will you be accepting the offer?
That would make sense given that I interviewed in late February, close to the end of the Tufts interview season.From what I understand, the priority waitlist is for applicants who interviewed late in the cycle and likely would have been accepted had there been any more acceptances to give (class is full).
ThreatLevelMidnight_
Full Member
Makes total sense. Do you guys have any idea how many people may be on the priority waitlist? I wonder if they'll even get to the "normal" waitlist...
No clue, but a lot of people did withdraw (on SDN at least) so I am hoping we hear something soon!
EVERYONE!! I got the call around 2PM, ACCEPTED OFF THE REGULAR WAITLIST AND MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
md_mph_applicant_EY19
Full Member
OMG CONGRATULATIONSEVERYONE!! I got the call around 2PM, ACCEPTED OFF THE REGULAR WAITLIST AND MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!
EVERYONE!! I got the call around 2PM, ACCEPTED OFF THE REGULAR WAITLIST AND MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!
Congrats!!!
Thank you!!! This just goes to show there’s still hope, don’t give up!
bostonstrong95
Full Member
Congratulations @applepie1212!! Anyone else from the waitlist hear back today?
Congrats, I was rooting for you future doc!EVERYONE!! I got the call around 2PM, ACCEPTED OFF THE REGULAR WAITLIST AND MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K