Oct 16, 2018
Also, I forgot, I called admissions office 2 days ago about Deferment stuff and they said that we (about deferment) should have word one way or the other by the first week of May.
Thanks for doing that. Did they say by first week of May? Or during first week of May? Wondering if they’ll give us anything at all throughout April...

Boros

2+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

segec

2+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Also, I forgot, I called admissions office 2 days ago about Deferment stuff and they said that we (about deferment) should have word one way or the other by the first week of May.
Does anyone know how this will work with the AMCAS pick your school thingy? If I already have an acceptance and I'm still deferred here but not waitlisted, then does that mean I will have to withdraw my application?

applepie1212

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Question...if I was deferred and did not fill out financial aid packet, should I consider submitting it even if this late and regardless of the outcome of my application?

Reactions: AmericanArthurDent
Sep 11, 2018
I'm with applepie, I've pretty much taken my deferred decision as a soft R and have started on my next app. Did any other deferred applicants fill out financial aid/is it worth it at this point?

applepie1212

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm with applepie, I've pretty much taken my deferred decision as a soft R and have started on my next app. Did any other deferred applicants fill out financial aid/is it worth it at this point?
Don't give up just yet :)) It's not over until it's over! Also, I filled out the aid and submitted yesterday...my mom is very organized with her taxes so it was mostly just a matter of me making some copies and faxing over.

Jan 31, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Any past or present applicants had luck with update letters or letters of intent?
Currently deferred for after September interview.

Sep 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Someone mentioned we'd know the first week of May, but wouldn't it make sense to let applicants know before the April deadline? Or does that not matter for deferred candidates?
Applicants holding more than one acceptance must let the AAMC (and all schools where they hold acceptances) know whether or not they will matriculate by April 30, restricting each student to only one acceptance. Applicants can hold that single acceptance in addition to as many waitlists as they want beyond April 30. Because many students will drop acceptances on April 30, there is projected to be some waitlist movement at many schools after April 30. Deferred/waitlisted students should hear soon after this deadline.

May 29, 2018
Maine track rejection. The email states it’s for “all academic programs and training tracks”.

edwmrk

2+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Okay, I just got an e-mail also and was deferred for the Maine track. I assume the "this applies to all programs and tracks" includes the Maine track? It's just weird that my deferral e-mail was MMC-TUSM and this e-mail was just TUSM.

Jan 31, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry guys! Those that received the MMC-TUSM R today, when did you interview?

Oct 24, 2018
Is it possible that this is just the rejection for TUSM (normal/Boston track)? I never did hear from them... (holding onto any hope I can but recognize this is probs an R for Maine Track too). Agree it's weird deferral came from MMC-TUSM..

edwmrk

2+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it possible that this is just the rejection for TUSM (normal/Boston track)? I never did hear from them... (holding onto any hope I can but recognize this is probs an R for Maine Track too). Agree it's weird deferral came from MMC-TUSM..
Right...that's what I am wondering too. It's unlikely, but it would just be nice if they were consistent with acronyms and such.

Reactions: dancergurl7878
Jan 31, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I was deferred from Maine track in November and just received an email asking me to accept or decline a spot on the WL.

Sep 5, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I just got the waitlist email too. I sent a letter of intent last month. I was fortunate enough to receive an MD acceptance already so at this point I am not too upset. Still, I will accept the waitlist offer and stick it out a while longer to see what happens. I can't help but wonder what the waitlist movement is like for the Maine Track.

Detective SnowBucket

2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Rejected from D today

Hildace

7+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Rejected after Deferral today =( , Late Jan Interview, Boston Campus, OOS

Feb 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone received financial aid packages yet? If so, where do we view these?

Sep 12, 2018
Would anyone be willing to give a recap of second look day?? Out of the country and wasn't able to go :(((
I only ended up going to the reception because I worked all day lol, but it was very chill, everyone was super nice, current students seemed to love it and 4th years were thrilled with their matches. Dean Neumeyer gave a brief (funny) speech about making choices. Made me excited about going!

Reactions: helloppl
Feb 14, 2019
For people who went to 2nd look... did they say anything about when financial aid decisions are coming out? I would think it would be soon

Boros

2+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Got my financial aid package in the mail 2 days ago. Better than anticipated.

On that note though, does anyone know if scholarship money is guaranteed for all four years? or if they can take it away and put you back on all loans.

Last edited:

nekoatsume

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)