2018-2019 University of Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys can anyone comment on how the interview is? I looked on the interview day schedule online and it seems like most of the page is about MMI. Are there any 1 on 1 traditional interviews? Is it open/closed file? Any advice on interview topics to brush up on and be familiar with? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys can anyone comment on how the interview is? I looked on the interview day schedule online and it seems like most of the page is about MMI. Are there any 1 on 1 traditional interviews? Is it open/closed file? Any advice on interview topics to brush up on and be familiar with? Thanks!
They only do MMI. I recommend reading some ethics foundations, and current ethical issues.

Members don't see this ad :)
Work up to this morning to my phone ringing... I got in!! I interviewed 8/13

Reactions: 4 users
I hope no news is good news in this case, but I'm not so sure. OOS interviewed 8/13.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope no news is good news in this case, but I'm not so sure. OOS interviewed 8/13.

The Dean calls everyone personally so it might take some time to get to everyone. Stay strong!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Can you comment on the interview process?
You weren't asking me, but they do a 10 station MMI interview, there are breaks built in for bathroom and water. I think the McMaster's FAQ on MMIs is not super representative of how COMPHX does it. It was very relaxed and conversational. Also, you do the MMI early in the day, so afterward you get to have lunch and talk to the students. It's the best set up IMO. Out of my 5 MD and 2 DO interviews it was my favorite day.

Accepted! Maybe I'll see y'all at second look!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 8/27. I thought I remembered them saying October 15th would be our notification day. No email, no call yet. Hoping it's not a bad thing.

You weren't asking me, but they do a 10 station MMI interview, there are breaks built in for bathroom and water. I think the McMaster's FAQ on MMIs is not super representative of how COMPHX does it. It was very relaxed and conversational. Also, you do the MMI early in the day, so afterward you get to have lunch and talk to the students. It's the best set up IMO. Out of my 5 MD and 2 DO interviews it was my favorite day.

Thanks that helps a lot! I appreciate it. I guess I'll just watch some MMI videos online and practice a few scenarios. I have my interview next Monday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone from the 8/27 interview date get a call or email today?

I wonder if acceptances are done going out or if there’s still a chance. Cmon Arizona, put me out of my misery already.

I wonder if acceptances are done going out or if there’s still a chance. Cmon Arizona, put me out of my misery already.

Interviewed on 8/13 and still have not heard anything today. I sure hope there are more acceptances for us to come. Its been a very long day

Does anybody know if there is an available match list for UA Phoenix? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

It seems that nobody from the 8/27 interview date has heard back... That's what I'm hoping anyways. LOL.

I interviewed on 8/27 and got an email today telling me they would review my application again in two weeks.

Ahhhh got accepted yesterday! Interviewed 8/27, so freaking happy!!!

Ahhhh got accepted yesterday! Interviewed 8/27, so freaking happy!!!

Well there goes my thought that they're behind on acceptances for late Aug/Sept :cat: Are you IS? Hopefully, I get some good news on the 29th. :luck:

Got my call yesterday! Super excited, congrats to everyone accepted and don't lose hope for those that weren't! It's still early in the game!

Got my call yesterday! Super excited, congrats to everyone accepted and don't lose hope for those that weren't! It's still early in the game!

What day did you interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejected (OOS, interviewed 9/10), honestly super crushed but I guess thankful I didn't get the email until after the interview I had today was over...

Deferred to 10/29 but it’s all good. Glad I have other acceptances. OOS, interviewed 8/13.

Hi guys! I’m a recent graduate/ current PGY 1. I’ve been around trying to answer questions since I was a first year to help prospective students. I’ll try to make myself available again this cycle but be patient since I’m starting my intern year.

Good luck this cycle!
Do you have any insight on how the scholarships are determined? From the interview day material it seems that just need-based scholarships are available, but how many are there typically and how do they decide who they go to?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone here that's interviewing on Oct 22nd going to the student held dinner tomorrow? If anyone has gone before what did you think about it? I'm going but not really sure what to expect.

Anyone here that's interviewing on Oct 22nd going to the student held dinner tomorrow? If anyone has gone before what did you think about it? I'm going but not really sure what to expect.
Very casual. They just order a ton of food and you just hang out, socialize, and ask them any questions you want. I highly recommend attending.

I just got an email saying my application would be reviewed again and I'd be updated on November 13th. I'm feeling kinda bummed that I don't just have an answer--I felt very happy with my interview on August 27th. Oh well, the wait continues.

I just got an email saying my application would be reviewed again and I'd be updated on November 13th. I'm feeling kinda bummed that I don't just have an answer--I felt very happy with my interview on August 27th. Oh well, the wait continues.
+1