2018-2019 University of California - San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist earlier tonight! Most exciting email of my lyyyyyfe

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know anyone who interviewed in January get off the waitlist? I'm slowly dying hahaha

Reactions: 2 users
Forgot to post on this thread, but was accepted here last week

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who has been accepted heard from PRIME yet?

Did anyone accepted from the WL only receive 1 email from Dean Wofsy? Should we be receiving anything else?

Did anyone accepted from the WL only receive 1 email from Dean Wofsy? Should we be receiving anything else?

Same. I called the admissions office and they said we’ll hear from student affairs (?) for more info on pre-matriculation sometime later. We’ll also need to send our transcripts by mail to the office of admissions “sometime before matriculation”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello :) Did any students who were pulled off of the waitlist send a letter of interest or updates? How relevant do you guys think those are here, and do you think WL movement is finished?

Hello :) Did any students who were pulled off of the waitlist send a letter of interest or updates? How relevant do you guys think those are here, and do you think WL movement is finished?
I sent some updates and an LOI in one letter. Not sure if it makes a difference. Definitely don’t think it’ll hurt you but just my opinion.

To those accepted off the waitlist: out of curiosity, how long were you given to either accept or decline the offer?

JUST GOT INNNNN OHH MY GOOODDDD IM HYPERVENTILATING MY DREAM SCHOOL THANK YOU JESSUSSSSSS

* sorry for being extra im sooo shocked im cryinggg

Reactions: 6 users
What are people planning to do in regards to housing ? Is it more common to live in graduate housing, or off campus? If graduate housing is more common, which building(s) do the medical students typically stay?

What are people planning to do in regards to housing ? Is it more common to live in graduate housing, or off campus? If graduate housing is more common, which building(s) do the medical students typically stay?

Talked to an M1, about 75% of students stay off campus

I am staying off campus for housing. I decided to live a little further from the school (25 minute with public transportation) and save money on rent. I also had to sacrifice because I have a dog and most landlords in inner sunset didn’t allow pets. I would look at the UCSF off campus page. I found a sweet deal for a room on there. I also didn’t care to have a room mate that was not a UCSF student.

I am staying off campus for housing. I decided to live a little further from the school (25 minute with public transportation) and save money on rent. I also had to sacrifice because I have a dog and most landlords in inner sunset didn’t allow pets. I would look at the UCSF off campus page. I found a sweet deal for a room on there. I also didn’t care to have a room mate that was not a UCSF student.
Thank you! Are you referring to the parnassus campus as being 25min away? I'm a bit confused as to how often we would have to be at the mission bay campus.

Thank you. Are a majority of our classes at the parnassus campus or the mission bay campus?

Pretty much everything is at Parnassus class wise. The only things different are like CMC which is at whatever hospital you get assigned to I believe. I don't know 100% how CMC works though so take that with a grain of salt.

Thank you! Are you referring to the parnassus campus as being 25min away? I'm a bit confused as to how often we would have to be at the mission bay campus.

Yeah 25 minute bus ride but only 1.5 miles away

Do you have a link for that page? Please and thanks!

My aid package doesn’t cover the entire estimated COA. Is this normal/the same for anyone here? Thanks in advance.

Yeah COA is cost of attendance I don't think anyone at UCSF gets the whole attendance cost covered that would be ridiculous

I believe they’re commenting on how the loans mentioned don’t cover the full COA. I had the same issue but I’m not quite sure why that’s like that.

Reactions: 2 users
Also I’m fairly sure an individual can take out Grad PLUS loans to cover the remaining cost, that probably needs to be worked out with the financial aid office. I’d suggest giving the financial aid office a call they’re definitely able to go through your individual situation over phone!

Yes, I’m referring to loans not covering the remaining COA. My other acceptances have offered Grad PLUS loans from the beginning IIRC. I’ll be sure to call finaid once I’m back in the country :)

I actually went through my personal bank and got approved for a loan that is slightly less interest than GradPlus loan and it doesn't charge you loan fees. The private loan also allows me 3 years deferment in residency before requiring me to make any payments. That is better than the 6 months that the GradPlus loans give you. Just another option you can look into!

Hey guys I think I'm going to withdraw my acceptance it breaks my heart

Last edited:
Hey guys I think I'm going to withdraw my acceptance it breaks my heart
Wanna give me your spot? I'll give you a bandaid for your heart. Haha! Good luck on wherever you chose! :)