2020-2021 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if Pritzker sends a care package to accepted students? I think I remember reading they used to send a scrub top? Also is there a Facebook group? :)
I also checked to see if there was a Facebook group and found a recently made group for the entering class of 2021! 😊 Not sure if we request to join or if we wait to get added to the group though...😅

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I also checked to see if there was a Facebook group and found a recently made group for the entering class of 2021! 😊 Not sure if we request to join or if we wait to get added to the group though...😅
I just looked it up and saw it too! It has 93 members added in the past week... was there an email I've been missing? I haven't heard anything since my acceptance email besides the financial aid one

• Hmm
I just looked it up and saw it too! It has 93 members added in the past week... was there an email I've been missing? I haven't heard anything since my acceptance email besides the financial aid one
I also didn't get an email 🤔 I'm wondering if the 93 people are all current students? Either way, I requested to join LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the latest Pritker will admit someone from the waitlist? thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Still no email about the facebook group - Also I can't seem to find the group even, either everyone else is much better at sleuthing or they made it private? I just wanna start looking for housing

Still no email about the facebook group - Also I can't seem to find the group even, either everyone else is much better at sleuthing or they made it private? I just wanna start looking for housing
group is called "UChicago Prizker Entering Class of 2021"

they sent a happy friday email yesterday with the information. It should also be on your portal under communication status

Think they sent an email last night about it. Maybe check your spam folder and such. If it's not somewhere in your email, try searching "Uchicago Pritzker entering class of 2021". It is private, but I was still able to find it through search before they sent an email with a link

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know what being put under “continued review” means for the MSTP?

I think it means that they’re continuing to review ur candidacy
I figured that but do you know what it means specifically? Is it more like a waitlist type thing or is it like they just need to take more time before they make a decisions ab A/R/WL?

I figured that but do you know what it means specifically? Is it more like a waitlist type thing or is it like they just need to take more time before they make a decisions ab A/R/WL?
My sense is that schools generally let you know when you're waitlisted. If it says continued review, they probably haven't made a decision on you.

Members don't see this ad :)
The number of people in the accepted fb group between UChicago (272) and Northwestern (297) are the same even though Northwestern has almost double the class size. Anyone know if this is normal or does this mean minimal WL movement this year?

The number of people in the accepted fb group between UChicago (272) and Northwestern (297) are the same even though Northwestern has almost double the class size. Anyone know if this is normal or does this mean minimal WL movement this year?
I noticed this too and have been concerned about it as well... 272 seems like a lot for a class of 90... 😔

1.) they have practically the whole M1 class in the group and i have also seen some M4s and i assume there are M2 and M3.. My guess is they accepted up to the class size maybe more but idk

When does UChicago give us financial aid/merit scholarship news?

are there any virtual events we can attend? I know some schools have been having virtual open houses in general for applicants

When will the first WL offers go out? Im waiting on a final decision from one of the schools i interviewed at and wanna know if im delaying sending uchicago my LOI too much

Has anyone heard from financial aid yet? I thought I remembered being told to expect to hear in February

When will the first WL offers go out? Im waiting on a final decision from one of the schools i interviewed at and wanna know if im delaying sending uchicago my LOI too much
Based off last year I think WL movement starts in early May.

Has anyone heard from financial aid yet? I thought I remembered being told to expect to hear in February
I was told "in a couple of weeks" at the end of Feb. I assume it should coming out this week or next

I got a scholarship and financial aid offer in my email today! Looks like they are starting to roll them out :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
are scholarships done being awarded?
If you received your FA package already, it might be given that scholarship info were attached in that email. I still think scholarship money allocation might continue until the class is fully settled since people might drop Pritzker/drop their scholarship offer

Does anyone know the waitlist procedure for this school? How long will the school give to make a decision if taken off the waitlist? I know other schools have different deadlines for when you were taken off the waitlist.

At least a handful of people left the groupme between yesterday and this morning, so you can rest assured that people are withdrawing. May the odds be in y'all's favor!
Thanks for the info!! ❤️

• Love
Give me a seat, UChicago!! 😭 I hope that those of us admitted from the waitlist don't receive less scholarship money than those who were admitted traditionally :/

Give me a seat, UChicago!! 😭 I hope that those of us admitted from the waitlist don't receive less scholarship money than those who were admitted traditionally :/
Admissions let me know that being accepted off the waitlist has no bearing on aid! Best of luck to us waitlisters!

AHHH praying hard to the UChicago gods as of late

Is anyone here still deferred here? (MSTP) Or does UChicago just call WL a deferral. I got a "continued review" email a few months back, but I haven't gotten a WL or R email either.
There are ~16 admitted students right now with ~5/6 who have already plan to enroll, leaving about 5-6 spots left to filled by the remaining 10/11 admitted students ... not sure what the waitlist/deferral movement will look like with these numbers

1619823679402.png

Anyone wanna call admissions and ask whats the hold-up? haha

I am dying inside

Anyone wanna call admissions and ask whats the hold-up? haha

I am dying inside
I imagine offers will be going out all month as per the timeline they gave us! So we got lots of time still!