2019-2020 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they calling for rejections too? I’m scared

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they done :sick:

Last reported call last year was 5pm CST......................so we'll see!!!! :nailbiting:

But WOW seems like a LOT of people are still waiting anxiously--I wonder if they interviewed more than usual??? Or maybe advertised themselves really well???

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Feel like I’m gonna get mugged off here :( they were super nice interviews and during the day but probably hurling daggers at my app afterwards lol

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
How am I supposed to be a functioning adult today when all I'm doing is staring at my phone miserably

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
How am I supposed to be a functioning adult today when all I'm doing is staring at my phone miserably
I have honestly given up on hearing back today. I’m kinda mad that Chicago is releasing decisions like this. Like if you’re going to do calls at least finish it before the weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
That's a mood. Literally left my lab at 3 today because I just couldn't focus on anything but my phone
:rofl:

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I have honestly given up on hearing back today. I’m kinda mad that Chicago is releasing decisions like this. Like if you’re going to do calls at least finish it before the weekend.
Did they continue giving out acceptances the week after Feb 28th last year? I don't remember

Reactions: 1 user

For real. This weird system of rolling acceptances and non-rolling Rs/WLs is extremely frustrating. There's no way they've been mulling over my app for 6 months.

Do we know that they havent finished?
Think aloud, I think on this thread there were 4-5 acceptances since yesterday multiplied by the SDN representation of 5:1, represents 20-25 A's issued.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we know that they havent finished?
Think aloud, I think on this thread there were 4-5 acceptances since yesterday multiplied by the SDN representation of 5:1, represents 20-25 A's issued.
No but that’s exactly what’s upsetting me. Is this another small wave before they releasing every decision (doubt it)? Is this the release of all decisions over several days? When will we hear about R and WL?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not sure how they handle emails. They could be sent individually or en masse but I know someone who got a call this morning and an acceptance email this afternoon.

Reactions: 1 user
What should I do if they called me yesterday but I wasn’t there to pick up? Will they call again today or email me? I looked up the phone number and it was my uchicago interviewer.

What should I do if they called me yesterday but I wasn’t there to pick up? Will they call again today or email me? I looked up the phone number and it was my uchicago interviewer.
They will figure out a way to reach out to you. Don’t stress. I’m guessing your answer will be yes but have you checked your portal?

OMG REJECTED (post-ii, early September).........dang, what a shame, felt like this place was my best fit!!!!! It was real being on this thread with yall!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
rejected post-interview, loved the school & thought my interview went great o well

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
post-II R, ouch. bang bang right after that HMS R this morning. A sad Friday. Congrats to the As!

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Looks like we have the WL? I guess ppl are saying they wouldn’t release Rs until As are done and they did

It would be nice if they communicated literally anything to us. The last communication I have from them is from July which was just an interview confirmation email. Totally ridiculous. At least the other rolling schools I haven’t heard back from like WashU sent updates about where they are in the process. Pritzker was (is?) my top choice so it’s really quite frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Waiting anxiously to hear ~anything~ is 100% how I wanted to spend my Friday evening

• Sad
Waitlisted as well.

Not sure if my interviewing skills are horrible or what. I’m sitting at what is looking like a +75% interview to waitlist rate. I just want to know what to improve on.

R. Got the email with the other batch. Feeling ugh about it

• Sad
Waitlisted too. Do they WL most people?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
WL. Going to work gonna be awkward on Monday. Also might go 0/5 on my interviews. This process is both humbling and soul crushing.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
WL and honestly kinda devastated. all the waiting has nearly killed me to this point but yay for more waiting

• Sad