Apr 26, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
sorry if this has been already asked but I just wanted to see if someone has the link for the accepted students facebook page :)

Sep 4, 2018
For the recent email they just sent out to accepted students, is anyone else unable to locate the "Clinical Requirements LG77 Class of 2023" after clicking on that link they provided?
I couldn’t find it as well. I could tell if they hadn’t updated “class of 2022” or if they just hadn’t added the option.

Reactions: GABA_S and haparuca
Nov 17, 2018
Just gave up my seat because I got into my number 1 choice. I hope my spot goes to someone deserving. To be honest, it was a tough decision because I absolutely loved the climate of Loyola and heard extremely great things about it, but I am glad I was able to get into my top choice. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from Loyola or other schools!

Feb 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just gave up my seat because I got into my number 1 choice. I hope my spot goes to someone deserving. To be honest, it was a tough decision because I absolutely loved the climate of Loyola and heard extremely great things about it, but I am glad I was able to get into my top choice. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from Loyola or other schools!
Thanks, and congrats on your top choice!

Apr 26, 2018
Does anyone know what the average step score is for Stritch?

And also does anyone know the tuition cost for 3rd and 4th year? I know for first it says around 59k, but for some schools this changes once you get into rotations.

Last edited:

muffin14

2+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
What username do we use to sign up for LOCUS? It says Loyola username but I can't remember ever making one

Reactions: isAdoc

nekoatsume

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
What username do we use to sign up for LOCUS? It says Loyola username but I can't remember ever making one
Just came here to ask the same question
same here. I did get the financial aid email just now but can't log in to locus. Never sent instructions on getting a username.
It was included in the first line of my email! I had glossed over it because it was above the "Dear XXXXX" part, maybe y'all did too?

Reactions: Freddywap

nekoatsume

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Same re: help desk email. Anyone get scholarships? I was only offered loans :(
I got a "SSOM scholar award" for <10k but I'm assuming it's a need-based one because the total loans I was offered wouldn't cover the full COA.

I'll be withdrawing my acceptance from here; hopefully it goes to one of y'all on CC!

Jun 5, 2017
mine does yes. It should say "SSOM scholar award" If it doesn't, then my guess is you only got offered loans
No i mean I have the "SSOM scholar award"(less than $10K) but that's all that shows up. How do we know how much we got offered in loans?

Apr 26, 2018
No i mean I have the "SSOM scholar award"(less than $10K) but that's all that shows up. How do we know how much we got offered in loans?
Oh it should all be under the financial aid package so my assumption is that they might not have completed it yet. You can always call their office and check

Apr 26, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
For those who went to the second look day, can please update us on how it went! I'm from california and unfortunately could not make it to the second look day :/

Reactions: isAdoc

Cardiolover11

2+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2016
For those who went to the second look day, can please update us on how it went! I'm from california and unfortunately could not make it to the second look day :/
It was AMAZING! The sense of community, the kind/ humble people, and the support here shined the whole day! They will send anyone that could not make it info like the housing packet. I’m very excited about calling Loyola home.

Bountyhuner

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
It was AMAZING! The sense of community, the kind/ humble people, and the support here shined the whole day! They will send anyone that could not make it info like the housing packet. I’m very excited about calling Loyola home.
Same, I’m committing based on my experience! Hope what I saw was what I can expect from school

Apr 26, 2018
An important note from there second look that I did want to share with people, the school has switched to P/F but it’s not true P/F. 1st and second year are still internally ranked.

Oct 20, 2018
Does anyone know what tuition years 2-4 looks like? Loyola only provided tuition for year 1 at interview day. Most schools at which I interviewed who were transparent about tuition all 4 years saw a $20-30k hike for years 3 and 4.

If Loyola followed the same patterns of my other three, that would put Loyola at about $60,000 | $60,000 | $85,000 | $80,000 over the course of the 4 years (not including room & board, car, health insurance, etc.).

Thanks!

cke11

2+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
An important note from there second look that I did want to share with people, the school has switched to P/F but it’s not true P/F. 1st and second year are still internally ranked.
I actually talked to a first year about this and he said it is mostly for students because residencies will not understand what the ranking means. From top to bottom (from what I can remember) the rankings are superior, outstanding, excellent, great, and satisfactory. This is what’s reported to residencies and basically means nothing to them so it doesn’t hurt us in any way. He did say if someone from each category applied to the exact same program the PD may deduce the rankings but one, they’re not going to have the time to do that and two, the odds of that happening are very slim.

Reactions: Bountyhuner

Cardiolover11

2+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2016
Does anyone know what tuition years 2-4 looks like? Loyola only provided tuition for year 1 at interview day. Most schools at which I interviewed who were transparent about tuition all 4 years saw a $20-30k hike for years 3 and 4.

If Loyola followed the same patterns of my other three, that would put Loyola at about $60,000 | $60,000 | $85,000 | $80,000 over the course of the 4 years (not including room & board, car, health insurance, etc.).

Thanks!
Financial aid said tuition remains the same.

Bountyhuner

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They said that 299 people have accepted their offer for the class of 2023,
Anyone have any thoughts on if admissions met yesterday? And if so, are there any spots still available in the class? Thoughts/opinions are welcome
Unfortunately there are no more spots in the class, although I don’t know if that necessarily means no acceptances will be given out this round. On 2nd look, there were 299 acceptances for a class of 165

MKO

Aug 17, 2018
Status
I don't think there were 299 people who accepted a spot, but rather 299 people that were offered acceptance from the school (usually ~x2 the number of offers than matriculants is pretty typical). There will probably be movement when the "commit to enroll" function becomes available soon

Reactions: nm0508