2020-2021 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL'd...surprised considering this was my best interview :(
Looks like only 15-20% come off (9-15 students or so)...does anyone have any idea how big the WL is? I heard it has upward 200 people but not sure if that can be verified.

Looks like there are a loooot of WLs

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was everyone who hadn’t heard back just waitlisted? My goodness 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like UChicago tends to be conservative with their acceptances; love the school but it is interesting that they still need to go into their WL a bit given that they accept 250 ish for a class of 90. I can imagine this year having to be extra careful of not potentially over enrolling but making sure they account for applicants with multiple strong options.

It seems like UChicago tends to be conservative with their acceptances; love the school but it is interesting that they still need to go into their WL a bit given that they accept 250 ish for a class of 90. I can imagine this year having to be extra careful of not potentially over enrolling but making sure they account for applicants with multiple strong options.
Not too surprising imo. ~2.5X ratio of accepted/matriculants seems pretty normal. As you say, yield can ironically be a big problem at T20s (maybe outside of the Harvard/Stanford class schools) because matriculant stats are almost identical between the programs. So a lot of people getting into Pritzker are going to have a number of very strong offers.

Reactions: 1 user
WL as well. So disappointed-- this was my dream school and what I thought was the perfect fit. I guess they didn't see it that way :(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
WL as well. So disappointed-- this was my dream school and what I thought was the perfect fit. I guess they didn't see it that way :(
Feel the same way. And I'm personally in a weird place of trying to be grateful for acceptances but feeling sad I was WL here

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
SAME! 😭😔😩
Same I got into other good schools which I’m super grateful for but I felt like I really fit Pritzkers mission especially the health and social justice aspect and was excited to matriculate so I’m super bummed they didn’t think I was a good fit.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Same I got into other good schools which I’m super grateful for but I felt like I really fit Pritzkers mission especially the health and social justice aspect and was excited to matriculate so I’m super bummed they didn’t think I was a good fit.
Wow, same, same, same! It sucks! 😔

If they truly thought you weren't a good fit, they would have rejected you- you still have a shot!

If they truly thought you weren't a good fit, they would have rejected you- you still have a shot!
Totally agreed with this, guys! And if you care about social justice and health equity, which you clearly all do, then you will be amazing doctors and whichever school you go to will be so lucky to train you all. Hope that they accept lots of people off the waitlist so we can all be classmates!!

Reactions: 6 users
I got WL. You can say I am negative but if the school accepts 250 for a seat of 90 and literally WL everyone, to me that's as good as being rejected. I expected my WL but damn this **** hurt.

Didn't get any communication (MSTP). And the post-II hold waiting continues 😩

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted too. Kinda wanna send a letter of intent but kinda wanna just decide in my mind that I'm going to another school that I also love... agh these decisions are so tough

Waitlisted too. Kinda wanna send a letter of intent but kinda wanna just decide in my mind that I'm going to another school that I also love... agh these decisions are so tough
if I get flat out rejected from my top choice I will 100% send a LOI here

Keep your head up to those on the waitlist! I was WL as well but will be declining my position because I would not choose Pritzker over other options I have. I doubt I'm the only waitlisted candidate who will be doing this.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Keep your head up to those on the waitlist! I was WL as well but will be declining my position because I would not choose Pritzker over other options I have. I doubt I'm the only waitlisted candidate who will be doing this.
Thank you! 😭😔😩

Same; uchicago is top two on my list for which I got interviews, and the wait is killing me. It sucks esp because most people on here replying with their results this week are MD, so I don't know how much of the info and timeline applies to MSTP... There is far less MSTP, so it could totally be that they finished A's this week or it could be that they didn't do much at all this week. Like... at this point... they have the results... JUST TELL US PLZZZZZZZZ.
I got the acceptance call from Dr. Clark earlier this week, I'm not sure if they're finished with A's or not but there was movement and hopefully they'll let everyone know soon

If any of you superstars are sure that you aren't going to be attending Pritzker, please withdraw sooner rather than later for us small folk who are hoping to get off of the waitlist. Thank you! :)

Also same :( No other school seems to be as mission-driven as Pritzker. I hope there is more WL movement this year given the fact that applicants probably applied to more schools than usual with the virtual format. Wishing everyone the best this cycle!

• Care
If any of you superstars are sure that you aren't going to be attending Pritzker, please withdraw sooner rather than later for us small folk who are hoping to get off of the waitlist. Thank you! :)
just wanted to say that a WL here does not make you "small folk"!!! i know you're just being facetious but i think anyone who got an interview here is prob an excellent candidate and has what it takes to get accepted-- it just came down to the competition and some luck at the end

everyone who did get accepted is obvs amazing as well and definitely shined through in some way!

Declined my WL offer, this application cycle has been long and hard so I’d rather not continue waiting for decsisons and get my hopes up. Good luck to all of you wherever you end up going!

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone who got accepted in the past week received/know of information regarding how to fill out financial aid? Have yet to receive the acceptance letter in the mail

Has anyone who got accepted in the past week received/know of information regarding how to fill out financial aid? Have yet to receive the acceptance letter in the mail
Was among the A wave just last week and recently received an email from the fin aid office with a link to the app

Anyone know if Pritzker sends a care package to accepted students? I think I remember reading they used to send a scrub top? Also is there a Facebook group? :)

• Hmm
Any current students on this thread? I'd love to connect and learn more about your experience as a student at Pritzker. Feel free to PM!

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not they would be sending out any scholarship or financial aid information anytime soon? Whenever I was accepted they said they would send out scholarship information in February but I haven’t heard anything so I just wanted to check and see if anyone’s heard anything

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not they would be sending out any scholarship or financial aid information anytime soon? Whenever I was excepted they said they would send out scholarship information in February but I haven’t heard anything so I just wanted to check and see if anyone’s heard anything
+ 1

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not they would be sending out any scholarship or financial aid information anytime soon? Whenever I was excepted they said they would send out scholarship information in February but I haven’t heard anything so I just wanted to check and see if anyone’s heard anything
I got an email from finaid yesterday with some steps to complete (FAFSA & a supplemental form). And they should be releasing packages sometime this month!

Has anyone else not heard anything back yet? I’m from Feb 02/03 MSTP interview date and silence so far. Does that just mean silent R?

do you plan on sending a letter of continued interest/updates?
I'm thinking about maybe sending one in a month or so, but I know I won't have any updates, so I don't know how useful it'll be for them

I'm thinking about maybe sending one in a month or so, but I know I won't have any updates, so I don't know how useful it'll be for them
I think it can still very much be useful especially if it's a letter of intent. Pritzker seems receptive to love letters and if you can say after this whole process, that one school is your top, I think it would put you in a better position than someone who may not send anything. Also seems like those pulled off the WL still get generous FA packages so nothing to lose!

Reactions: 4 users