2018-2019 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have already interviewed and were accepted, how long after you received/submitted the Residency Classification Form did you hear back on their decision? muchas gracias!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have already interviewed and were accepted, how long after you received/submitted the Residency Classification Form did you hear back on their decision? muchas gracias!
I heard back the next day!

Reactions: 1 user
Super sad that I still haven't gotten an interview invite as this is my dream school. LM score 74. Two OOS invites. Completed here 8/24. Anyone know how seriously they look at CASPER? What are the chances at this point? Also, I have a good friend who is also instate with great scores but still hasn't heard anything back from this school but has received multiple OOS invites.

Don't know about your first question, but as far as chances, as of 11/19 they have invited 472 people to interview. In previous years they sent out about 600 IIs, but @DrDwayneJohnson recently posted that an additional ~60 IIs are going out this year. So....

As for the well-qualified IS applicant issue, I feel your pain. From what I can see, CU doesn't have that high of an IS acceptance rate compared to many other state universities where the IS advantage is huge.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm I wonder if that means anything or if everyone gets one of those and its not an indication of an acceptance on the horizon. :)
Pretty sure you only receive the residency form once you are accepted.

Super sad that I still haven't gotten an interview invite as this is my dream school. LM score 74. Two OOS invites. Completed here 8/24. Anyone know how seriously they look at CASPER? What are the chances at this point? Also, I have a good friend who is also instate with great scores but still hasn't heard anything back from this school but has received multiple OOS invites.

If it makes you feel any better I got an interview invite here last year in early January.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like CU is passing up a lot of qualified IS applicants for some reason

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have any insight/tips into the group activities/interviews at CU?

I don’t know that they are looking for anything in particular, except that you can work/interact in a group—especially the group activity. (The outcome of my group’s activity was a total failure, but I got accepted).

Don’t monopolize conversation, or talk over others, etc. Pay attention to other people’s contributions, be respectful, be ready to have a discussion about your group’s functioning and give constructive feedback.

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t know that they are looking for anything in particular, except that you can work/interact in a group—especially the group activity. (The outcome of my group’s activity was a total failure, but I got accepted).

Don’t monopolize conversation, or talk over others, etc. Pay attention to other people’s contributions, be respectful, be ready to have a discussion about your group’s functioning and give constructive feedback.

Can you elaborate more on the Group Interview? I get the format for the Group Activity, but the description of the Group Interview is kind of vague:

"Half of you will participate in a group interview which will consist of 3 interviewees and 2 interview subcommittee members (40 minutes)"

So we're going to be alongside 2 other interviewees and the 2 interview subcommittee members will ask each of us the same question and we respond in an open-style forum? Or are the questions asked by the subcommittee more so meant to spark discussion among the 3 of us and the 2 subcommittee members just observe our interaction?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Can you elaborate more on the Group Interview? I get the format for the Group Activity, but the description of the Group Interview is kind of vague:

"Half of you will participate in a group interview which will consist of 3 interviewees and 2 interview subcommittee members (40 minutes)"

So we're going to be alongside 2 other interviewees and the 2 interview subcommittee members will ask each of us the same question and we respond in an open-style forum? Or are the questions asked by the subcommittee more so meant to spark discussion among the 3 of us and the 2 subcommittee members just observe our interaction?

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Both.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long until you heard you were waitlisted after you completed the form?
I heard I was waitlisted before I got the form, I got the form about a day after the waitlist email.

Finished mid august and still haven't heard anything. Hope to hear back soon I would love to go to school here!

II invite yesterday. OOS. Complete mid/late October. 1/25, 2-8/22 were dates for me. Looks like the last batch of interviews.

Hey all, I am a long time lurker but new to the forms.
Just thought I would start contributing back to the community by providing some data (I’m going to go through and add any II).
I interviewed here a while ago (LizzyM 74.2, IS). I ultimately withdrew my application.
Let me know if you have questions!

Best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hey all, I am a long time lurker but new to the forms.
Just thought I would start contributing back to the community by providing some data (I’m going to go through and add any II).
I interviewed here a while ago (LizzyM 74.2, IS). I ultimately withdrew my application.
Let me know if you have questions!

Best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Why did you withdraw your application? Seems like a great school, especially for IS, right?

Does everyone who interviews get the Residency Classification Form? I interviewed early November and I got the form like 12 days after my interview.

Why did you withdraw your application? Seems like a great school, especially for IS, right?

Honestly, the program didn’t vibe with me. There are some definite benefits for IS students (tuition, close to home) but nothing that compelled me.

I guess the old homage is true :)
The interview is just as much for you see if you will fit into the school as it is an opportunity for the school to see if they will fit with you.

Anyone here still under review? Heard nothing since mid Oct

Honestly, the program didn’t vibe with me. There are some definite benefits for IS students (tuition, close to home) but nothing that compelled me.

I guess the old homage is true :)
The interview is just as much for you see if you will fit into the school as it is an opportunity for the school to see if they will fit with you.

Your app must be g.o.a.t to have the luxury of choice! Thankfully I really liked it here despite being a scrub OOSer. At this point I'd probably go somewhere else purely because of the ridiculous cost of attendance for OOS but, aside from that, I do think it's a near perfect school for me. Wish you all the best dude! You'll probably get in somewhere that's perfect for you.

Your app must be g.o.a.t to have the luxury of choice! Thankfully I really liked it here despite being a scrub OOSer. At this point I'd probably go somewhere else purely because of the ridiculous cost of attendance for OOS but, aside from that, I do think it's a near perfect school for me. Wish you all the best dude! You'll probably get in somewhere that's perfect for you.

Haha, don’t build my application to much in your head. I am fortunate in that I have had the luxury of multiple interviews, many of which are at schools that I absolutely love. I do have to admit the OOS COA is ridiculous, however if it’s a perfect fit, you have to do what’s going to help you become the physician you want to become!

The cycle isn’t over yet, I’m sure you will end up in the perfect place too :)

Reactions: 7 users
Y'all, I'd take the L and move on @Wahed, @lightblueelephant, @ContigoCoffeeMug, @Venom33, @barefootpremedrunner, @flipfloptheocean. They apparently don't give Rs until pretty late in the game for a lot of people but not getting a II by now (if you submitted prior to October) isn't good news. Better to focus on other schools and call it a wash at this one.

People in last years thread got interviews into December. Is it likely? No. But really, how much of my time and energy does it take to post an image of the Count on SDN? I've done my interviews, I'm holding an acceptance. I'd still like to interview at CU. Mind your business.

Y'all, I'd take the L and move on @Wahed, @lightblueelephant, @ContigoCoffeeMug, @Venom33, @barefootpremedrunner, @flipfloptheocean. They apparently don't give Rs until pretty late in the game for a lot of people but not getting a II by now (if you submitted prior to October) isn't good news. Better to focus on other schools and call it a wash at this one.

From last year’s thread, they send out II up until Feb so there’s still hope. I also received the still under consideration email back in October and silence ever since. But as long as I havent been rejected I am still in the running. Stay strong until the end of the race if your heart has settled for the lovely Colorado springs! Haha

I spoke with an admissions staff at CU earlier last month. They don't read your application in the order it was sent in. Someone could have submitted a secondary on the first day, but not hear back to interview until the last day of interviews and still have the same chance of acceptance as someone who interviewed the first day. There is no bias towards how early you interviewed also. So, everybody - please be patient and the admissions office is working as hard as they can. They just want to be thorough with every application and make sure they accept the best people for the school.

Reactions: 3 users
This simply isn't true, not only for Univ of Colorado, but for other med schools too. Many people interview late and still get in.

Reactions: 3 users
Better to be realistic than to have false hope, but some hope is definitely better than none. I hope everyone has the cycle they're hoping for.

Does anyone know if everyone got the "still under review" email or if there are some people who didn't? As in was it just a generic email or did it mean something haha

Does everyone who interviews get the Residency Classification Form? I interviewed early November and I got the form like 12 days after my interview.

Same man! Hopeful it means an acceptance soon. Sounds like worst case would be a waitlist spot!

I interviewed last Friday. Got the residency form on Monday (today). So, I doubt it has anything to do with acceptance (unless the adcom was hard at work over the weekend lol).

Oof, seems like consensus is that it's meaningless. CU plz...gimme A.