2018-2019 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know when they typically release financial aid packages? Do they offer any merit aid for in-state students?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the 12/7 interview heard anything yet? I was thinking we might hear something yesterday but I did not.

Has anyone from the 12/7 interview heard anything yet? I was thinking we might hear something yesterday but I did not.
I was thinking the same but with the holiday yesterday it could be postponed to next Monday

I was thinking the same but with the holiday yesterday it could be postponed to next Monday

Yeah I'm just dying over here but its fine, no biggie. Next Monday it is, (hopefully).

Reactions: 2 users
Same, next week will number 8 :dead: Good luck to both of you!

Technically it'll be 7 weeks; this Friday marks 7 weeks from 12/7, so the following week would be "week 7", if you will.

Members don't see this ad :)
II, OOS. Extremely excited, but unfortunately won't be attending as having received a significant scholarship to my state school. Hopefully it goes to one of you, best of luck!

Reactions: 8 users
II, OOS. Extremely excited, but unfortunately won't be attending as having received a significant scholarship to my state school. Hopefully it goes to one of you, best of luck!

Hi! When was your application complete? I’m still waiting for an interview. Thank you!

Just got the call, over the moon!! Interviewed 12/07

Reactions: 10 users
Just got the call, over the moon!! Interviewed 12/07

Well, it's crazy how quickly my palms and pits just started perspiring when I read that! I didn't think they'd call us this week.

But Congrats!!

Anxiety through the roof right now. Fingers crossed I get the call soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II yesterday. IS. LM 73. I checked the calendar and the only dates left were February 8th and 22nd.

Reactions: 6 users
Anymore calls go out today for 12/7?

Rejected! 12/7 interview. Best of luck to the rest of you :)

12/7 - Just waitlisted. They said, "we will let you know no later than August 16th". LOLOL TIGHT

Reactions: 5 users
Thinking of calling the office tomorrow just to make sure that my application didn't fall behind a cabinet:eek:

Reactions: 4 users
Wait what LMAOO my waitlist email didn’t say any dates
I was actually placed on the alternate list. I wasn't aware there was a difference between alternate list and waitlist but apparently there is. Can anyone explain this?

Thinking of calling the office tomorrow just to make sure that my application didn't fall behind a cabinet:eek:
You are the hero we do not deserve :D I called a few times, and they will most likely give you a generic answer that your application is still under review, but please keep us posted. You can ask them if they actually sent any rejections at this point. I got two different answers when I called.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected, interviewed 12/7

I’m going to go cry now

Best of luck to everyone still in the pool.

Last edited:
I was actually placed on the alternate list. I wasn't aware there was a difference between alternate list and waitlist but apparently there is. Can anyone explain this?
I meant alternate list, I think it's the same thing! Just feel like waitlist is a more common term. In any case, does anyone on the alternate list have info on when we receive the tier breakdown of our position on the list?

For anyone that is like me and trying to get off the waitlist - I just called admissions and they said that they DO NOT take any updates/letters of interest/letters of intent :(:(

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone that is like me and trying to get off the waitlist - I just called admissions and they said that they DO NOT take any updates/letters of interest/letters of intent :(:(

Yeah that’s been mentioned before! Did they say anything else?

Accepted Wednesday, interviewed 12/07! So excited but now weighing the tuition against another acceptance :/

II today! Whoot whoot :) !!!!! Complete early September. OOS, LM 70.

Reactions: 8 users
Really hoping to land one of these last interviews! Non-trad, IS, 523 MCAT, 3.98 sgpa, 3.45 cgpa (some bad grades freshman year followed by 4 years @ 4.0). CU is without a doubt my #1 choice so I’m really hoping they give me a chance!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendations for how to approach the interview for this school? Thanks!

Group oriented. Show that you can work well with others. Throughout the day try and remember this and you will be fine. 1 on 1 interview at the end is pretty basic interview questions.

Reactions: 3 users
That's terrible advice! Just truly be yourself, and do not improvise.
I improvised 5 interviews and earned 5 acceptances. Even though I was joking in my earlier post, scripted responses are even worse than improvisation! In fact, improvisation skills are the basis of a strong MMI performance.

Reactions: 4 users
Why have an admissions/interview tracker on your website if you don't update it.... It's been two and a half months since they last updated their tracker.:D