2018-2019 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email that my app is complete and under review, looks like the CASPer went out right on time for those of us who took it on July 25

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know for sure if they hold off reviewing the app (including the secondary) until a casper score is received?? I took mine August 8 and want to prioritize other secondaries if mine will be held for the casper score anyway

Reactions: 1 user
Don't know if anyone has already brought this up, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating but I couldn't find the answer in the past posts in this thread. We didn't have the option of uploading a photo, correct? My application was just marked complete today by the school so I went and checked the portal to see that everything was squared away and noticed a spot in the top left that had a silhouette of a person and said no image.

OOS, MCAT 513, cGPA 3.96, sGPA 4.00. Secondary complete 7/24. Waiting to hear back for interview or reject.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have some knowledge that the interviewers are receiving training for a "new" interviewing process so that may be why little to no interviews on this thread

Are they finally switching to MMIs???
Don't know the specifics yet but I was thinking that the CASPer would be used as the "MMI" as they indicated they use a hybrid system but maybe they are converting to a MMI

Did anyone ever get official word from admissions about whether part A and B of the essay are supposed to be answered in 1500 characters as one essay?? Or is it two essays each 1500 characters?

Did anyone ever get official word from admissions about whether part A and B of the essay are supposed to be answered in 1500 characters as one essay?? Or is it two essays each 1500 characters?
1500 total as one essay with 2 parts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It says in the prompt to answer both in one response

Reactions: 2 users
I got an email that my app is complete and under review. Took my CASPer on Aug. 8th. Anyone know how long until a decision is made after that email gets sent? Or does it vary?
It varies a lot by applicant

When they ask whether you are a re-applicant, would you say 'yes' if this is your second year sending medical school applications, but the first time that you have applied for this school?

When they ask whether you are a re-applicant, would you say 'yes' if this is your second year sending medical school applications, but the first time that you have applied for this school?
I have seen this question asked on other threads and people have said if you have not applied to this specific school then you would not be considered a reapplicant

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I called about this & like the person above me said, since you’ve never applied to U Colorado before, you aren’t a re-applicant to them.

Thanks for the responses #thriving & doofenshmirtz it. Appreciate it.

Does anyone know historically when CO starts to send out II's? This is one of my top three so I'm anxious to get started :D

Does anyone know historically when CO starts to send out II's? This is one of my top three so I'm anxious to get started :D
Last year they started about this time but see my earlier post ..... New interview process may be forthcoming and may cause a delay?

Last year they started about this time but see my earlier post ..... New interview process may be forthcoming and may cause a delay?
Or they see us all neurotically trying to predict when II will come out and are playing with us

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted secondary on 7/26/18 and still waiting to hear back.

II
Stats: 3.8/519
Complete: 7/13

II just barely. Complete 7/27. Stats in signature!

Last year they also sent out OOS IIs before IS; why they would do such a thing is beyond me :confused:

Because OOS applicants may require more advanced notice than IS since they need to book transportation/lodging is my guess

Because OOS applicants may require more advanced notice than IS since they need to book transportation/lodging is my guess

They also want to avoid having OOS applicants travel during the winter months where there might be a lot of snowfall.
Just barely?
Haha just barely as in I posted a few minutes after I got the invite via email.

Are they finally switching to MMIs???

I looked on the website and this is what it says the new interviews are going to be like "The interview day is conducted in a mixed format and includes observation of a group activity, a small group interview, and a traditional interview."

Just received an II!!!!! Omg, I'm crying, it's my first one, a top-choice school and I'm OOS w/ no ties (ORM, LM 69, complete 8/16). I am in absolute shock and disbelief. So so happy right now. Not to mention slightly terrified...any advice on group interviews/activities highly appreciated!

Reactions: 9 users