2018-2019 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an II!!!!! Omg, I'm crying, it's my first one, a top-choice school and I'm OOS w/ no ties (ORM, LM 69, complete 8/16). I am in absolute shock and disbelief. So so happy right now. Not to mention slightly terrified...any advice on group interviews/activities highly appreciated!
Congrats! I can tell how happy you are; I'm happy for you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! I can tell how happy you are; I'm happy for you! :)

Thank you so much! So much riding on this non-trad thing...You are my stats doppelgänger, hope things work out great for you! :)

Is it too late to submit a secondary here? OOS, URM

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Current student here - if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message!

II just now! 3rd time reapp, and I totally rode off my home-school CU after getting no love the last 2 years. Still in disbelief.

Reactions: 3 users
II, complete late July. OOS but graduated from an IS private school.

Reactions: 1 users
got an II and have my interview coming up. It says there will be a monitored group activity. Anyone know what that might be?

I received an II a couple days ago! IS, LM 74-76. Interesting interview logistics - but I'm excited! Any advice?

Hi everyone! I am interviewing here at the end of the week and was wondering if anyone had any insight/advice/tips. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
CO Resident, secondary completed 7/23 and still silence

I wonder if they’re really just slow this year or if all the people with II are just not on sdn
I've been talking to some medical students at CU and they said it's been slow and has been slow for the past few years (even for them who were Colorado residents and didn't get their II until October and interviewed in November). I think just for IS applicants, our II's come out slower.

I've been talking to some medical students at CU and they said it's been slow and has been slow for the past few years (even for them who were Colorado residents and didn't get their II until October and interviewed in November). I think just for IS applicants, our II's come out slower.
Maybe but even for oos applicants, we’ve only seen maybe a couple of II sent out. Even if sdn is a small sample of the applicant pool, i would still expect more than that

Does anybody have any advice or interview feedback on what to expect, also a little curious about the group activity in the morning? I have an interview on Friday.
With all of the MMA and group activity formats you will agree not to talk about them outside of the interview. And believe me, you don’t want to be the person on the internet that does it:)

Relax, be yourself (as much as you can when you’re incredibly nervous and wearing a suit in 80 degree weather) and trust that if you are telling your story genuinely, it will shine through:) Good luck!

With all of the MMA and group activity formats you will agree not to talk about them outside of the interview.
The first rule of Fight Club

Reactions: 6 users
Hi everyone! Current student here - if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message!

What made you choose CUSOM? Do they have a robust international program? What would you say makes CUSOM unique from other similarly ranked schools? Do you like living in Denver? Is there a lot of poverty in the city?

Does anyone know if they send out acceptance/rejections/alternative updates weeks after the interview, or do we not know until March?

Does anyone know if they send out acceptance/rejections/alternative updates weeks after the interview, or do we not know until March?
10/15 is the first day of MD acceptances across the nation.

Edit: Not including early decision

Last edited:
Maybe but even for oos applicants, we’ve only seen maybe a couple of II sent out. Even if sdn is a small sample of the applicant pool, i would still expect more than that
I just had an interview last week. There were about 60 of us there and we were the second batch. My friend is interviewing there on the 5th, so I think that is the 3rd batch.
They said they interview about 600-700 applicants which is about 10% of the people who apply.

I was OOS. Maybe 1/3 of people at my interview pool were OOS.

I just had an interview last week. There were about 60 of us there and we were the second batch. My friend is interviewing there on the 5th, so I think that is the 3rd batch.
They said they interview about 600-700 applicants which is about 10% of the people who apply.

I was OOS. Maybe 1/3 of people at my interview pool were OOS.
Woah that means there’s only 10-12 interview dates then.

Woah that means there’s only 10-12 interview dates then.
Yes I talked to the director of admissions this weekend at the CU Pre-Health day and she said there were only 10 interview dates in the entire cycle with 60 applicants at each session. They have already gone through 2 interview days.

Edit: There is one more interview but that day is only for MD/PhD applicants (60 interviewees).

Yes I talked to the director of admissions this weekend at the CU Pre-Health day and she said there were only 10 interview dates in the entire cycle with 60 applicants at each session. They have already gone through 2 interview days.

Edit: There is one more interview but that day is only for MD/PhD applicants (60 interviewees).
To clarify, you're just saying that there are actually 11 days... not that there is only one day left unfilled?

Do you know if that’s basically one every week or scattered? It feels like the likelihood of getting an II (and maybe and acceptance?) goes down the further we are

Do you know if that’s basically one every week or scattered? It feels like the likelihood of getting an II (and maybe and acceptance?) goes down the further we are
from what i've gathered, i think there is an interview every friday but i could be wrong

from what i've gathered, i think there is an interview every friday but i could be wrong

All interviews are on a Friday but I think they take some Fridays off. I interviewed there this past Friday but only had the option to sign up for 9/14, 9/21, (no option for 9/28) and 10/5. They'd finish interviews really early if they did every week for 10 weeks.

Does Colorado send out rejections or keep you under review?

Am I the only one who didn't receive a secondary?
Primary submitted: 07/11, verified: 08/14. No news at all from u colorado, ucla, ucr, ucd, ucsd, u of Illinois and u of Kentucky!

I'm a non-Canadian international if this would make a difference!

Am I the only one who didn't receive a secondary?
Primary submitted: 07/11, verified: 08/14. No news at all from u colorado, ucla, ucr, ucd, ucsd, u of Illinois and u of Kentucky!

I'm a non-Canadian international if this would make a difference!

Just browsing this thread, but UCR/UCD accept essentially exclusively CA-students/applicants, and UCSD is close in that sense as well.

Did you guys' status change from "Application is ready"? My portal hasn't changed since I was complete near the end of August.

Did you guys' status change from "Application is ready"? My portal hasn't changed since I was complete near the end of August.
Nope. Still on the same thing. Did it change for anyone who got an II

I wasn't checking my status, sorry not to be of help guys :/

II received 9/24 after application complete 9/3
LizzyM 74.4, initially OOS and claimed residency ~ 3 weeks before II

Received invitation for secondary 8/4, qualified for IS a week after and notified their office, not sure if that affected my application but I would guess so

I wasn't checking my status, sorry not to be of help guys :/

II received 9/24 after application complete 9/3
LizzyM 74.4, initially OOS and claimed residency ~ 3 weeks before II

Received invitation for secondary 8/4, qualified for IS a week after and notified their office, not sure if that affected my application but I would guess so
Did you get an email for II?