2018-2019 University of Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted!!! I am absolutely thrilled and over the moon!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!! Interviewed late September

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone! I hope they start releasing early October interview decisions soon.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted earlier today as well. Still can't believe it. Hang in there, everyone still waiting, your acceptances are just around the corner.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone that applied end of August receive a II yet? Just wondering if my app hasn't been considered yet, or I that I might not get one.

Anyone that applied end of August receive a II yet? Just wondering if my app hasn't been considered yet, or I that I might not get one.
I was complete 7/29 and haven’t heard anything yet.

After the interview, they wanted us to send an update within a week. I’m not sure about pre II update

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone else find the portal difficult to understand/navigate? When i log on, it tells me to continue my secondary application but when i click status, it tells me I am complete

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone else find the portal difficult to understand/navigate? When i log on, it tells me to continue my secondary application but when i click status, it tells me I am complete

I had actually called earlier and they said they don't accept updates until after an interview.

And yeah, the portal is a bit difficult to understand, though for me it says "Supplemental Statement for 2019 is COMPLETE," though it wasn't always like that (even after I submitted the secondary). Guess it takes a while to update.

Anyone receive a II here that submitted late August?

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete here 8/15 and nothing yet.

2nd year at UConn & a student interviewer here. Anyone with questions hit up my DM and I'll try to be prompt about responding. GL 2 all

My secondary is stuck on pay the fee waiver even though I have FAP and clicked that option... my application is probably not even complete lol

Complete 7/16 and heard nothing :( out of state (MA). Any thoughts on how often iis are sent out?

For those who received an interview here, what were the earliest available dates?

Did anyone receive acceptance status updates from UConn Med today? Or do you think they will be sent next week?

Did anyone receive acceptance status updates from UConn Med today? Or do you think they will be sent next week?
I’m really hoping that updates will be sent today but we’ll see :)

Reactions: 1 users
Spoke with the admissions office and they said that we can expect an email no later than next Wednesday... So I guess we won't be finding out today.

Just got the acceptance email. Interviewed 10/19. My top choice, dreams do come true!

Reactions: 5 users
Also interviewed 10/22 and accepted!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone that interviewed late October hear back yet?

To those who have interviewed/got accepted, are you able to talk a little about how the day was? I did read on here that there were two open file interviews - one with faculty and the other with a student, and I was wondering how long those interviews were, like 30 minutes each or an hour each. Thanks a lot!

To those who have interviewed/got accepted, are you able to talk a little about how the day was? I did read on here that there were two open file interviews - one with faculty and the other with a student, and I was wondering how long those interviews were, like 30 minutes each or an hour each. Thanks a lot!
They are an hour each. Very conversational, but depends on your particular interviewer. My faculty interview was conversational, but my student interviewer had a list of questions that they wanted me to answer in a fair amount of detail.

They are an hour each. Very conversational, but depends on your particular interviewer. My faculty interview was conversational, but my student interviewer had a list of questions that they wanted me to answer in a fair amount of detail.
Thank you so much for the response! Is there also the team-based learning activity? Is that informal group interview, or just an activity for interview day to show what the curriculum is like?

Thank you so much for the response! Is there also the team-based learning activity? Is that informal group interview, or just an activity for interview day to show what the curriculum is like?
It is just an activity to preview how TBL works.

Accepted today!! Interviewed late October

Reactions: 4 users
Literally in shock right now. Accepted!!! Interviewed at the end of October

Reactions: 4 users
Any II recently?? Unsure how far into their season they are...

II finally!! Complete 7/6 and was starting to really worry

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if UCONN is receptive to ITA emails?

Anyone know if UCONN is receptive to ITA emails?

I sent them one last week and have not heard back, although I believe in the ITA compendium made last year (I think) they said that UCONN was receptive.

I sent them one last week and have not heard back, although I believe in the ITA compendium made last year (I think) they said that UCONN was receptive.

Do you just simply email the admissions department? I've never sent an ITA email before lol

To those who paid their acceptance deposit, are we supposed to get an email that confirms we have reserved our seat?

To those who paid their acceptance deposit, are we supposed to get an email that confirms we have reserved our seat?
I assumed we would, but I have not. Only email I got was for submitting the technical standards sign off.

I assumed we would, but I have not. Only email I got was for submitting the technical standards sign off.
I didn't. But according to my credit card bill, it did go through. I guess you can check that way.