2018-2019 University of Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything about scholarships or financial aid? At the interview it sounded like April is when they send the bulk of financial aid out, but was curious if they are awarding scholarships yet.
I emailed them a while back and they said they don't even sit down to consider merit-based scholarships until early May. Not sure about financial aid though.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them a while back and they said they don't even sit down to consider merit-based scholarships until early May. Not sure about financial aid though.
Do you mind PM’ing me? Curious about what you had emailed, seems odd they wait until after traffic day to consider scholarships.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thread has been a little dead, but I’m holding on to hope. Anyone know when UCONN concludes interviews? Any recent II?

Reactions: 1 users
Thread has been a little dead, but I’m holding on to hope. Anyone know when UCONN concludes interviews? Any recent II?

They told our II group to expect a response by mid March. Not sure about giving out more II though. Last year I saw a schedule of them interviewing into April

Hey guys, feeling a lil paranoid - did we have to get a confirmation email for the secondary other than “Succesful Submission”?

They told our II group to expect a response by mid March. Not sure about giving out more II though. Last year I saw a schedule of them interviewing into April
When did you interview? I forgot when they said I can expect to hear back

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! LM 69 IS

Congrats on the A! I am IS as well and LM of 69/70, but I was put on the alternates list. Do you mind sharing more about what you think helped you get in? Did you have any unique EC's or a hard luck story? Anything like that? Also, when did you interview?

I hope they send decisions out this week

I still haven't heard anything since I submitted my secondary in September... Do I still keep hope?

I got in!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
ct resident, interviews done for this school? :(

someone told me they are interviewing until april, i was complete late july

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I got the Acceptance on 3/13 and this was my first choice!!! I'm definitely attending in the fall! Does anybody know if an admitted student's Facebook group has been made? Also, for those who paid the deposit, did you get a confirmation or did it take a few days for your status to change? Thanks and good luck to everybody still in the running :)

Hi everyone! I got the Acceptance on 3/13 and this was my first choice!!! I'm definitely attending in the fall! Does anybody know if an admitted student's Facebook group has been made? Also, for those who paid the deposit, did you get a confirmation or did it take a few days for your status to change? Thanks and good luck to everybody still in the running :)

Congrats on the A! I can't imagine how good that must feel. Do you mind sharing some stats? IS/OOS? It is my top choice as well and I am an alternate.

Reactions: 1 user
520 MCAT, 3.6x GPA, three middle author papers and a few posters, UConn undergrad but currently in WA state. AmeriCorps alum, currently doing social work full time with homeless folks. Interviewed in January

Thats awesome, good for you! It sounds like you earned your spot! Congrats again!

Are they done with II's? Applied as in state and have been sitting on "application complete" since July.

Congrats on the A! I can't imagine how good that must feel. Do you mind sharing some stats? IS/OOS? It is my top choice as well and I am an alternate.
Hi! Sorry for the late response, but thank you :) LM was 71 and I am in-state! Good luck!!

Are they done with II's? Applied as in state and have been sitting on "application complete" since July.
Reached out to them last week and was told that all interview spots were filled for the cycle. Added- all applicants who did not get an invitation will receive an official email. In other words my letter communicating rejection should arrive shortly.

Reactions: 1 users
So do they ever officially send out rejections after we submit secondaries and see "Successful Submission"? I never even got an "Under Review" notification from UConn this cycle.

lmao so thoughtful of them to finally send a rejection 5 days before 4/30, we get it uconn

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve been placed on middle alternate list, looks like my chances are zero

Just got an email saying I’m on high alternate list. This is my only shot I hope they pull through

high waitlist! fingers crossed! this is my only chance and I really don't want to go through the application process a third time...yikes!

Low waitlist :rolleyes:

Sure UConn..Lets keep playing