2018-2019 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Literally screamed at the top of my lungs when I got the email. My neighbors definitely hate me now lol
We're neighbors

Members don't see this ad.

Been stalking this thread for a while now but just wanted to say so excited for all of you! :) Regardless if you were waitlisted or accepted I have faith if you got an interview some school out there is a great fit for you! Could also just be me being optimistic but I've been taking too many Ls this semester so trying to change my outlook. :rofl:

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!! Via email from my interviewers and then I later got the official email at night. I also got called but couldn't make it to the phone so my interviewer left a super nice voicemail if anyone is wondering :D:D:D:D

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually got a second call from my other interviewer later last night who left a very nice voicemail. She sounded very excited for me. Seriously, this school has given me such an awesome vibe with every interaction I've had with them that I'm so excited to go here next year!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Got the acceptance email 8pm last night after crickets all day and am SO EXCITED

Accepted! Interview: 9/28

Reactions: 3 users
Super early and random question-- does anyone know when orientation would start here/when it's been historically?

Super early and random question-- does anyone know when orientation would start here/when it's been historically?
I believe in the first or second week of August. Atleast 2 weeks before the undergraduate fall semester begins is a good timeline to follow!

Last week in July/very beginning of August. It was 8/1-8/3 this year.

So sad I haven't received an interview from here yet :(

In state, 3.95 GPA, MCAT 519, complete 8/15

So sad I haven't received an interview from here yet :(

In state, 3.95 GPA, MCAT 519, complete 8/15
similar stats and also in-state, got one over 2 months after submitting. I think you will get one soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted back on the 15th! Got calls from both my interviewers that morning and the official email later that night! Definitely gonna have to consider being a future Gator!!! :D

When would be an appropriate time to send a letter of intent (if other acceptances are on hand)? I was thinking December, as I know they do take into account continued interest. It’s definitely my top choice for many reasons!

Also does WL movement only happen in the summer or do some schools do it throughout the cycle?

When would be an appropriate time to send a letter of intent (if other acceptances are on hand)? I was thinking December, as I know they do take into account continued interest. It’s definitely my top choice for many reasons!

Also does WL movement only happen in the summer or do some schools do it throughout the cycle?
I would maybe use some updates lol then drop that loi

I don’t think I’d have any significant updates since I already told them what I’d be doing during my gap year (working mostly)
If you have acceptances and feel confident that they "compare" to UF, go ahead and send that Letter over. That's my take but Idk u do u

Reactions: 1 user

Unless I get an interview to a couple specific schools I haven’t heard back from yet, I’m also planning on sending a LOI to UF. I personally will not send it until next year (around March) because I think they strongly implied they won’t look to the waitlist until their interview season is over. Also, I don’t want to look desperate by sending a LOI too early and I want to maximize the number of acceptances I have in hand prior to reaching out. I’m sure for UF most waitlist movement probably won’t happen until April/May since it’s the state flagship :(

Reactions: 1 users
complete in early september still no word

Yeah, well, I was complete at the end of July and still no word--in-state with stats that are definitely in the ballpark.

Acceptance x2 for my bro and I, by email 30 min ago. We are so excited!!!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted as well! Interviewed recently and really was blown away by what UF has to offer so super excited :D

AHHHHHH JUST GOT INTO UF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Is there any waitlist movement here? I know they dont interview that many people but msar has no WL info
On our interview day they said there def was! They said if you got waitlisted to be active - write updates, letters of intent if you were serious about them, etc. Good luck!

Ok so excited! Like this post if you for sure know you're coming here to the lovely UF (like secured your spot for next year?)

Ok so excited! Like this post if you for sure know you're coming here to the lovely UF (like secured your spot for next year?)
Where you accepted on 10/30? Have you gotten the next steps email already?

Is this school done sending out II's?
No they should still send out interviews. It's homecoming week this week (friday is a holiday here at UF) which may explain no responses.

Anyone else having trouble accessing the portal?

Does anyone know if this school accepts "in the area" emails? I am from FL but go to school out of state so I figured Id let them know when I was going to be home...? I have a 3.94 with a 510 mcat and submitted late July and still no word from the school. Does anyone know when they stop sending out interview invites?

I just received an II! I submitted 7/28 with a LM of 71.

Current student here. Congrats to all who have been accepted so far and best of luck to everyone still waiting. If there are any questions about the school, feel free to send a message

Current student here. Congrats to all who have been accepted so far and best of luck to everyone still waiting. If there are any questions about the school, feel free to send a message[/QUOTE]
Do you know if this school accepts "in the area" emails? I am from FL but go to school out of state.

Current student here. Congrats to all who have been accepted so far and best of luck to everyone still waiting. If there are any questions about the school, feel free to send a message
Do you know if this school accepts "in the area" emails? I am from FL but go to school out of state.[/QUOTE]We've heard the good. Lol. What's the biggest flaw?

Withdrew from here—hope one of you guys gets my spot!!!

Reactions: 1 users