2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UIC let me down harder today than the Rams did in the Super Bowl

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is s frustrating. I've been waiting on a decision for over 5 months.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed. This certainly doesn't feel like rolling admissions...

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone called yet today? I don't want to annoy admissions but I would also like to know if I should keep checking my portal or if decisions are done being put in this round.

Earlier in the thread, there were some who mentioned that admissions would be meeting again on the 14th. Does anyone know if that is happening?

Earlier in the thread, there were some who mentioned that admissions would be meeting again on the 14th. Does anyone know if that is happening?
i obviously am not positive, but I doubt it. they mentioned that they have monthly meetings, so I think they are done meeting for Feb :/ I hope this is not true though and that they meet and review more people (like me! lol)

edit-- i was one of the people tho thought they said they were meeting on the 14. i assume we just mis-remembered the date they said or the admissions people misspoke. they def said they do monthly meetings, which is why I think this was just incorrect.. but i hope they for some reason do meet then and let more people hear back before the march meeting

Just called as well, the lady I talked to said that they will be entering decisions through Tuesday. She also mentioned that if we don't hear back by Wednesday we should call, and they'll give us some kind of update. Don't know if that really helps but thought I'd share.

Reactions: 11 users
Have they rejected anyone post interview yet? Or are they waiting to send out rejections?

I have been on deferred status since November (II in October), and I’m starting to worry.

Have they rejected anyone post interview yet? Or are they waiting to send out rejections?

I have been on deferred status since November (II in October), and I’m starting to worry.

No one has posted anything besides acceptances and deferrals (a deferral being different than just not getting any news, but it's unclear exactly how).

While we all wait desperately for our results, I thought I'd make a translation guide so that future applicants can understand the language of UICOM admissions.

Friday = Monday
Monday = Tuesday
Manually entered = this guy named Graig MANUALLY stops admissions from entering decisions
After October 15th, admissions will no longer be on a rolling basis = admissions has abandoned the idea of adhering to a timeline
Your application has been forwarded to the admissions committee = they haven't even looked at your app yet, buddy

Reactions: 18 users
Got my campus assignment today. Peoria. I am out of state with absolutely no connections to the state, no social support outside of Chicago and they decided to put me in the suburbs...nice...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my campus assignment today. Peoria. I am out of state with absolutely no connections to the state, no social support outside of Chicago and they decided to put me in the suburbs...nice...

If it makes you feel better, I got assigned Rockford which was my second choice.

Last edited:

+1
OOS
Accepted on 1/11
Just checked my portal with the assigned campus Peoria
First preference was Chicago, but still super grateful.
Hope everyone else hear news SOON! This process is frustrating indeed.

Reactions: 2 users
While we all wait desperately for our results, I thought I'd make a translation guide so that future applicants can understand the language of UICOM admissions.

Friday = Monday
Monday = Tuesday
Manually entered = this guy named Graig MANUALLY stops admissions from entering decisions
After October 15th, admissions will no longer be on a rolling basis = admissions has abandoned the idea of adhering to a timeline
Your application has been forwarded to the admissions committee = they haven't even looked at your app yet, buddy

So true :laugh: And I'm still stuck on forwarded to the screening committee, I can't imagine how all of you waiting for post-II decisions must feel. And honestly, what the heck is going on? You mean to tell me even though I'm IS and had everything complete in August like I was supposed to the freaking screening committee hasn't even reviewed my app? haha

If adcom needs help manually entering hundreds of acceptances, I'm totally willing to help out, I type p fast so just hmu. please.

Reactions: 7 users
Or they can just send a mass email and then update the portal later.....

Reactions: 6 users
just moved from "forwarded to the screening committee" to "under consideration by the screening committee" after 7 months of nothing...hoping for some love from UIC!

Reactions: 4 users
I was told this'll go tomorrow, probably rest of the week. If I'm remembering what I was told over the phone in the 4:00s correctly - my brain is fried from this

For those of you who were assigned Peoria message me so I can help answer whatever questions you have. Especially if this is your only acceptance and/or you are definitely going with UIC. Make sure to let me know if you're OOS or IS as well.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know in what order they are reviewing files? I interviewed in September, and it seems like my file hasn't been reviewed, yet.

Hey guys, just interviewed this week so I thought I would fill you in on what the admissions director told us about decisions. The adcom's next meeting is in March and she told us we would definitely be getting decisions by March 21st. However they are trying to arrange an earlier date around March 1st but she told us she hasn't heard if the entire adcom will be able to meet earlier, it depends on everyone's availability. So just hold on a little bit longer if you haven't heard yet!

Can confirm, I just called the admissions office to check on the status of my app (5 months post interview here btw) and was told that it hasn't been reviewed yet and that I shouldn't expect a decision until early March.

i'm in the same situation, does this mean we've been deferred month after month? and is there another meeting this month like people mentioned earlier?

I don't think we're deferred, since that would indicate that they've actually looked at our applications. They literally just haven't gotten to us yet.

cause i'm worried that they might just be telling us that and we're actually slated to be rejected later...

This is SO FRUSTRATING.

I have to make a second deposit at the school I've previously been accepted to (who I would drop in a heartbeat for UIC) by March 1st.

This is SO FRUSTRATING.

I have to make a second deposit at the school I've previously been accepted to (who I would drop in a heartbeat for UIC) by March 1st.
Do we know if they have finished putting in decisions from the meeting last Friday?

The amount of contradictory information that comes out of admissions is astonishing. I'm honestly having a hard time believing that they haven't reviewed the applications from those who interviewed in September/October. I would think this is some sort of deferral but not sure.

Just called. Still putting in decisions from last Friday.

cause i'm worried that they might just be telling us that and we're actually slated to be rejected later...
I've got the same concern, but if they wanted to reject us, they would have already. There's literally no benefit to them withholding that information. I honestly believe that this whole ordeal is a combination of them being critically understaffed and dealing with the implications of the new traffic rules - a crappy coincidence but somewhat understandable.

If our decisions are being pushed to March (a cool 7 months or so after my interview), can we essentially not apply for any of the special programs? I wanted to apply to GMED, but their deadline is March 1 and the app says you can't submit it until you're accepted..?

If our decisions are being pushed to March (a cool 7 months or so after my interview), can we essentially not apply for any of the special programs? I wanted to apply to GMED, but their deadline is March 1 and the app says you can't submit it until you're accepted..?
Honestly you should call them and ask. And then use that as your excuse to also get better clarity about when your decision will be released.

The amount of contradictory information that comes out of admissions is astonishing. I'm honestly having a hard time believing that they haven't reviewed the applications from those who interviewed in September/October. I would think this is some sort of deferral but not sure.

Just called admissions. Interviewed early October, and the staff member told me that my application still hasn't gone to committee, and I'd have to wait until early March. I guess there are a still unlucky few who interviewed early still haven't been reviewed by adcoms. How tragic.

Just called admissions. Interviewed early October, and the staff member told me that my application still hasn't gone to committee, and I'd have to wait until early March. I guess there are a still unlucky few who interviewed early still haven't been reviewed by adcoms. How tragic.

same situation, I just think its unlikely that they haven't even reviewed my application in the 4-5 months after my interview. I just can't help thinking they're just telling us this and it actually means something else...

Has anyone tried calling Leila to get a better idea of what is actually going on with all these "forwarded to the admissions committee" statuses 5 months post-interview?

I interviewed the last week of January and they said to submit the application if interested in any of the special programs. The dean told us that the admissions committee was moving slowly primarily because of the new AAMC rules and they understand that this puts students in a tough situation, especially regarding their special programs. So just throw that application in there.

It irks me that they've apparently accepted some people who interviewed in December and November already...

Reactions: 3 users
Just called. They said they are still inputting decisions. Not holding my breath tho. Going on 6 months of waiting for a decision to my top school :(

I know we keep mentioning the new AAMC rules, but how exactly are they impacting the acceptance process?

I know we keep mentioning the new AAMC rules, but how exactly are they impacting the acceptance process?

I interviewed at several schools after interviewing at UIC and have recieved final decisions for them all. One of the schools interviews roughly the same amount of applicants. Whatever’s going on with UIC seems like a separate issue from the new AAMC rules.

I interviewed at several schools after interviewing at UIC and have recieved final decisions for them all. One of the schools interviews roughly the same amount of applicants. Whatever’s going on with UIC seems like a separate issue from the new AAMC rules.
I was actually thinking that no other schools seem to be having these issues :eyebrow:
But you know, I was trying that open-minded thing. Guess it, like many other things, doesn't apply to UIC.

Did anyone hear any final decision today? or do you know anybody that got a decision today?? It seems like the decision input is really taking a long time, which makes me think that a lot of people would get decisions this round, but nobody seems to be hearing anything. Maybe they will still be inputing info through the rest of the week... Who knows :(

sending good vibes to anyone who's as frustrated as I am :/

Did anyone who got accepted on 1/11 receive their information packet in the mail yet? I am still waiting on more info for what I need to be doing to complete admit requirements and what the timeline is on those.

Did anyone who got accepted on 1/11 receive their information packet in the mail yet? I am still waiting on more info for what I need to be doing to complete admit requirements and what the timeline is on those.
Accepted on 10/19 and still no packet.

So I've seen wait until the next meeting and I've seen if you don't get anything then call today... Is there a consensus on what to do? I interviewed 11/29

Accepted on 10/19 and still no packet.
Dang. Have you started gathering info on immunizations? I haven't gotten an email about what I need to fulfill for this either. My portal also says I need proof of graduation-have you heard anything about what to do for this?