2018-2019 University of Illinois

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by gyngyn, Apr 21, 2018.

1. arapo87

Pre-Medical
    They definitely were scheduled to meet yesterday. I have an email telling me that ahead of time and a phone call today verifying. But the Director of Admissions is out of the office today so we will see.

#901 arapo87, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    sherlock_obsessed_m&m likes this.
  2. Hollygriffins

Yes... I interviewed in October and was told that Dec. would be admission decision. Hopefully we hear back today.

mmgrit35 likes this.
  3. neuro312

Medical Student (Accepted)
    It could be possible that they have scheduled an extra meeting next week so they can review everyone before March 15th. This is a long and dreadful process but regardless, there’s nothing that we can do but wait until 5 pm before jumping to any conclusions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WorkandPork

i interviewed this week and i think they said the feb committee meeting was 2/14. i know they said for people interviewing at this point they won't hear until after the march 21 committee meeting -_-

5. lilmedschool

Leave it to UIC to get me anxious for no reason at all.

6. arapo87

Pre-Medical
    Can somebody other than me please call and ask, since I've already called today? (312) 996-5635 press 0

#906 arapo87, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  7. grsssstnls

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I interviewed super recently and they definitely said there was a committee meeting on 2/7, and that that was the earliest anyone from my group would hear back. Idk if it has changed since, or if the committee only decided on who to send IIs to yesterday...

GABA_S likes this.
  8. sherlock_obsessed_m&m

sherlock_obsessed_m&m High-Functioning Sociopath

I agree. Last I called I was also told there was a meeting scheduled for 2/7, with decisions rolling out 2/8

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    TITAN17, PapaMuntz and neuro312 like this.
  9. grsssstnls

OK 1 MORE HOUR OF HELL RIGHT? WE CAN POWER THROUGH...RIGHT...

10. bblalakiddyjosh

If I got $1 for every time I checked my portal..... I could pay for all my flights and app fees.

11. Postdoc2MD

Post Doc
    Not to add to the confusion, but...

I interviewed this week and they said that they would have the next meeting on Feb 14th, but that they are going through a lot of applications and wouldn't expect to get to our cohort of the recent interviewee applications until the next meeting on March 12th.

They also said that, due to the new trafficking rules, combined with the fact that they overfilled last years class, that they are being more conservative and have only send out roughly half of the acceptances compared to the amount they sent out this time last year. Overall I felt they were pretty transparent with their more conservative outlook, unfortunately it just means that everyone needs to hold tight and wait.

12. soccer24

Pre-Medical
    Just called, they said the adcoms did meet yesterday and that they have started inputting decisions today and may continue entering decisions on monday and tuesday. they said if it has been a while since you interviewed and you do not hear back between today and tuesday that you may call to check on the status of your app.

13. Sya1234

Accepted yesterday, finally... I believe the committee is putting decisions until Monday, so I wish all the best to all of you!

For current students or anyone who might know the answer:
    What would be the pros and cons of Rockford and Peoria campus? Thank you in advance!

14. grsssstnls

Never before have I been so upset at receiving the constant affirmation that my application has, indeed, been forwarded to the admissions committee.

neuro52, Dcfan183, mmgrit35 and 5 others like this.
  15. sherlock_obsessed_m&m

Congrats! Can I ask when you interviewed?

I know that Rockford specializes in Rural Medicine, while Peoria has a new simulation lab that they seem pretty excited about. Peoria also has a children's hospital, I believe. Others will probably be able to fill in gaps in my knowledge

16. Sya1234

Thank you! I interviewed on October 22nd.

sherlock_obsessed_m&m likes this.
  17. arapo87

Pre-Medical
    Congratulations!! When did you actually hear back - last night? Portal v email?

grsssstnls and mmgrit35 like this.
  18. Sya1234

I first received an email at 3:00 PM (PTZ) yesterday. And the portal was updated as well when I checked.

19. arapo87

Pre-Medical
    I thought the committee met in the evening. Got it, thanks. Congrats again!

20. Jabru08

2+ Year Member

I was also accepted today when I checked as well. First one of the cycle! I interviewed all the way back in September. Glad they didn't forget about me!

No email, weirdly enough. It just told me on portal I was accepted and asked me to pick my campus preference.

Curious about the differences between Rockford and Peoria. My first choice (like many others, I'm sure) was Chicago, so I wasn't sure which I should go with for second pick. Went with Peoria since it seemed like it had a nicer campus and because I'm not particularly interested in rural medicine.

EDIT:

lol as I was typing this post I got the email, so there you go

21. mylittlepony15

So does this mean there's another meeting on 2/14...?

22. sherlock_obsessed_m&m

Congratulations!!

Jabru08 likes this.
  23. bunnybelle

Is there information on when deferred applicants will receive updates?

24. grsssstnls

When did you check your portal?

25. Jabru08

2+ Year Member

While I was at work, probably around 10 AM eastern.

grsssstnls likes this.
  26. Dr. Mike Trout

When did u interview?

27. BasedKahuna

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    UIC let me down harder today than the Rams did in the Super Bowl

28. mmgrit35

Pre-Medical
    I mean, at what point of them never pulling through do you have to expect to be let down?

29. Tatg0822

2+ Year Member

This is s frustrating. I've been waiting on a decision for over 5 months.

mmgrit35 and owlsandturtles like this.
  30. sherlock_obsessed_m&m

Agreed. This certainly doesn't feel like rolling admissions...

mmgrit35 likes this.
  31. maklh

Has anyone called yet today? I don't want to annoy admissions but I would also like to know if I should keep checking my portal or if decisions are done being put in this round.

32. Ginaaaaaa

Earlier in the thread, there were some who mentioned that admissions would be meeting again on the 14th. Does anyone know if that is happening?

33. WorkandPork

i obviously am not positive, but I doubt it. they mentioned that they have monthly meetings, so I think they are done meeting for Feb :/ I hope this is not true though and that they meet and review more people (like me! lol)

edit-- i was one of the people tho thought they said they were meeting on the 14. i assume we just mis-remembered the date they said or the admissions people misspoke. they def said they do monthly meetings, which is why I think this was just incorrect.. but i hope they for some reason do meet then and let more people hear back before the march meeting

cruiser18 likes this.
  34. pp156287

Just called as well, the lady I talked to said that they will be entering decisions through Tuesday. She also mentioned that if we don't hear back by Wednesday we should call, and they'll give us some kind of update. Don't know if that really helps but thought I'd share.

35. lilmedschool

Have they rejected anyone post interview yet? Or are they waiting to send out rejections?

I have been on deferred status since November (II in October), and I’m starting to worry.

36. mmgrit35

Pre-Medical
    No one has posted anything besides acceptances and deferrals (a deferral being different than just not getting any news, but it's unclear exactly how).

37. 1e4

1e4

While we all wait desperately for our results, I thought I'd make a translation guide so that future applicants can understand the language of UICOM admissions.

Friday = Monday
    Monday = Tuesday
    Manually entered = this guy named Graig MANUALLY stops admissions from entering decisions
    After October 15th, admissions will no longer be on a rolling basis = admissions has abandoned the idea of adhering to a timeline
    Your application has been forwarded to the admissions committee = they haven't even looked at your app yet, buddy

38. epremed

Pre-Medical
    Got my campus assignment today. Peoria. I am out of state with absolutely no connections to the state, no social support outside of Chicago and they decided to put me in the suburbs...nice...

#938 epremed, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  39. keepyourheadup

2+ Year Member

If it makes you feel better, I got assigned Rockford which was my second choice.

#939 keepyourheadup, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  40. mdfaithful

+1
    OOS
    Accepted on 1/11
    Just checked my portal with the assigned campus Peoria
    First preference was Chicago, but still super grateful.
    Hope everyone else hear news SOON! This process is frustrating indeed.

Thoroughbred_Med and grsssstnls like this.
  41. kuzy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So true :laugh: And I'm still stuck on forwarded to the screening committee, I can't imagine how all of you waiting for post-II decisions must feel. And honestly, what the heck is going on? You mean to tell me even though I'm IS and had everything complete in August like I was supposed to the freaking screening committee hasn't even reviewed my app? haha

mmgrit35, TensorFasciaLata and 1e4 like this.
  42. grsssstnls

If adcom needs help manually entering hundreds of acceptances, I'm totally willing to help out, I type p fast so just hmu. please.

whaling.around, mmgrit35, 1e4 and 5 others like this.
  43. mylittlepony15

Or they can just send a mass email and then update the portal later.....

44. grsssstnls

seriously, every time i refresh my portal, my self-esteem sinks lower and my photo looks uglier

45. Memes For Brains

just moved from "forwarded to the screening committee" to "under consideration by the screening committee" after 7 months of nothing...hoping for some love from UIC!

46. arapo87

Pre-Medical
    I was told this'll go tomorrow, probably rest of the week. If I'm remembering what I was told over the phone in the 4:00s correctly - my brain is fried from this

47. tekkenman11

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    For those of you who were assigned Peoria message me so I can help answer whatever questions you have. Especially if this is your only acceptance and/or you are definitely going with UIC. Make sure to let me know if you're OOS or IS as well.

48. HausEmDee

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone know in what order they are reviewing files? I interviewed in September, and it seems like my file hasn't been reviewed, yet.

mmgrit35 likes this.
  49. kritkatbar

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys, just interviewed this week so I thought I would fill you in on what the admissions director told us about decisions. The adcom's next meeting is in March and she told us we would definitely be getting decisions by March 21st. However they are trying to arrange an earlier date around March 1st but she told us she hasn't heard if the entire adcom will be able to meet earlier, it depends on everyone's availability. So just hold on a little bit longer if you haven't heard yet!

50. owlsandturtles

2+ Year Member

Can confirm, I just called the admissions office to check on the status of my app (5 months post interview here btw) and was told that it hasn't been reviewed yet and that I shouldn't expect a decision until early March.

mmgrit35 and bblalakiddyjosh like this.