2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my acceptance here, hope it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Just listed reasons why a campus reassignment would benefit me.

I just e-mailed admissions and they said they will compile all campus requests at the end of April. They also said they will notify us if we are granted reassignment so I'm not sure but it seems like we can assume we weren't granted a site change if they don't get back to us.

Reactions: 1 users
Still haven’t heard back from financial aid. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 2 users
Assigned to Peoria campus! I figured this would happen, since I am from Peoria.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who attended second look in chicago - can you share the packet you received? Trying to see if it had any pertinent housing info

Does anyone know what the Castlebranch company is about? It seems like some kind of a background company that the UIC works with.. Can anyone add a little more detail/knowledge about this?

Here are the Peoria housing resources! I won't be attending unfortunately but hope this helps. Images should be in order but there are page numbers at the bottom of each page to help orient you.

Attachments

• IMG_3516 2.JPG
    IMG_3516 2.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3510.JPG
    IMG_3510.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3512.JPG
    IMG_3512.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3514.JPG
    IMG_3514.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3515.JPG
    IMG_3515.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: 4 users
Here are the Peoria housing resources! I won't be attending unfortunately but hope this helps. Images should be in order but there are page numbers at the bottom of each page to help orient you.

You’re a saint. God bless you

You're amazing for this, THANK YOU

that apartment half a block from school sure sounds appealing...LOL

• Haha
Hey guys! So I’m in the dark here. I haven’t received any notification post interview. Does that mean I’m waitlisted?

Hey guys! So I’m in the dark here. I haven’t received any notification post interview. Does that mean I’m waitlisted?

I spoke with the admissions director last week who said they're still working through everyone who interviewed, especially if you only have 2 interview scores. She didn't tell me anything about a waitlist, but she said they were expecting to send out a lot more acceptances once people withdraw on the 30th.

I think that’s what the speculation is here.
I spoke with the admissions director last week who said they're still working through everyone who interviewed, especially if you only have 2 interview scores. She didn't tell me anything about a waitlist, but she said they were expecting to send out a lot more acceptances once people withdraw on the 30th.
Do you know what the issue is with the interview scores? I wasn’t aware that there isn’t a standard interview process across all interviews...

I think that’s what the speculation is here.

Do you know what the issue is with the interview scores? I wasn’t aware that there isn’t a standard interview process across all interviews...

I've been told that a non-insignificant number of people have only 2 interview scores due to one of 3 reasons:
1. A score was removed at the applicants request
2. An applicant only ever interviewed with 2 interviewers (due to interviewer availability)
3. A score was "lost" (this part is still unclear on exactly what the deal is)

And for whatever reason, the committee is still working on evaluating these people.

I only had two interviews, interviewed in October, and was accepted in December. Seems really weird... Also for those waiting for financial aid, it is just going to be loans...

Reactions: 6 users
The MSAR says 50-70 people will be waitlisted. Does anyone know what percent of those people get accepted? Any information on last year's waitlist movement?

The MSAR says 50-70 people will be waitlisted. Does anyone know what percent of those people get accepted? Any information on last year's waitlist movement?

I don’t know if this year can really be compared to last due to how slow UIC has been moving this cycle. There’s far more than 70 applicants who haven’t heard back yet and, if past years are any indication, a significant number of acceptances left to give out in May

So are we just not getting post-interview decisions back before April 30th?

Does UIC have any direct policy about the PTE or CTE on the AMCAS choose your school tool??

Does anyone know what happens if you are currently holding on to an acceptance and then accepted to UIC in the next couple weeks? How long will we have to hold on to both acceptances / would we know our campus placement right away?

For those of you who live near UIC (Chicago), do you know what the average rent we can expect?

For those of you who live near UIC (Chicago), do you know what the average rent we can expect?

Depends hugely on where you want to live and if you're renting a room vs an entire apartment. If you want to be right around the medical district, you're probably looking at ~$750-800 for a room and $1,250+ for a one bedroom.

Then again, the medical district isn't exactly a "hip and young" area, so you might want to commute anyway, especially if it brings your costs down. Just be sure you take into account how you're getting to school - if you don't have a car/don't want to deal with one, then you want to live off the pink or blue line (which stop at campus) or a bus that runs frequently/express (like the Ashland bus).

Depends hugely on where you want to live and if you're renting a room vs an entire apartment. If you want to be right around the medical district, you're probably looking at ~$750-800 for a room and $1,250+ for a one bedroom.

Then again, the medical district isn't exactly a "hip and young" area, so you might want to commute anyway, especially if it brings your costs down. Just be sure you take into account how you're getting to school - if you don't have a car/don't want to deal with one, then you want to live off the pink or blue line (which stop at campus) or a bus that runs frequently/express (like the Ashland bus).

Thanks for this! Just to clarify, what do you mean for a room vs a bedroom - are you referring to a studio vs bedroom, or more like getting an apartment with a roommate/suitmate vs getting an individual apartment?

Also, is the medical district area unsafe? Do you suggest living away? Little Italy vs Tri-towers?

Thanks for this! Just to clarify, what do you mean for a room vs a bedroom - are you referring to a studio vs bedroom, or more like getting an apartment with a roommate/suitmate vs getting an individual apartment?

Also, is the medical district area unsafe? Do you suggest living away? Little Italy vs Tri-towers?

I mean like a room in a several bedroom apartment with roommates, sorry.

The medical district isn't "unsafe." It's not super bougie either, it's just kind of a typical neighborhood. If you go particularly west of campus, you'll get into lower income areas (Lawndale, Garfield, Heart of Chicago, etc.). Tri-Taylor is pretty nondescript and residential. Little Italy/University Village is a bit family orientated, but there's lots of restaurants on Taylor between campuses.

I don't recommend not living near campus, but I also don't recommend not-not living near campus, you know? Ultimately, if you just don't want to commute, live close by, just know you're going to be surrounded by hospitals and south of campus is a couple blocks of industrial park. If it's important to you to live in a "trendy" neighborhood with "hip" bars and shops, consider Pilsen, West Town, Ukrainian Village, or Wicker. Near West would be a decent close option too, but there's less going on. If you want to be around skyscrapers and big brand name stores, go South Loop or China Town.

Anything east of I-90 and north of the Loop, I consider annoying to get to campus from, though River North and Wrigleyville are very popular neighborhoods amongst out-of-state college grads. Logan is probably the "hippest" neighborhood in the city currently, but it's an hour+ on the blue-line from campus (though I know multiple people who live there and drive to campus).

‘Forwarded to Admissions’ gang how we doing?
I actually called today out of curiosity & the message was that committee is meeting may 16, acceptances may come out before that, wait list probably out may 17

• Sad