2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In a bizarre twist of events, also accepted. Email earlier this evening. Interviewed all the way back in September.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Is it too late to interview for UMED lmao

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted at 4:59PM CST. Interviewed in October.
26753FCF-FFD3-4DBD-BFCD-8A0C1C62F66A.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted! Is it too late to interview for UMED lmao
No but really though. I applied for it too but I can’t see them still interviewing for longitudinal programs this late into the application cycle. Maybe try calling to make sure?

Reactions: 1 user
People who were accepted yesterday - do you see the "choose your medical school" button on AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get your acceptance yesterday or today? Just wondering if there might be another wave incoming

For all those wondering.... UMED is full :( They said to reach out if you’re still interested because they will consider your app if a spot opens up as more students finalize their matriculation plans over the summer. I’m not sure about the other programs.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
People who were accepted yesterday - do you see the "choose your medical school" button on AMCAS?
The AMCAS tool button didn't pop up for me until just a couple hours ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Since people are getting random acceptances between adcom meetings, I thought I'd ask: when they meet again on May 16th, are they just ranking the waitlisted applicants or do they have plans to continue giving out acceptances?

Also, is there any way for us to know if they will be releasing more acceptances before the May 17th meeting?

Possibly a stupid question, but on the portal, if we select “I would like to accept my offer of admission to UIC COM, and I am seriously considering attending. I am continuing to pursue my candidacy at other schools as an alternate, but I do not currently have other admissions offers.” instead of the “100% confidence” option below it, our acceptances can’t be withdrawn, right?

Hi guys. For people who were just accepted - any idea of when we'll know which campus we're assigned to?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Possibly a stupid question, but on the portal, if we select “I would like to accept my offer of admission to UIC COM, and I am seriously considering attending. I am continuing to pursue my candidacy at other schools as an alternate, but I do not currently have other admissions offers.” instead of the “100% confidence” option below it, our acceptances can’t be withdrawn, right?

I'm pretty positive they'd be in BIG trouble with the AAMC if they redacted acceptances based on if you wanted to pursue other options or not. The whole med schools using admissions data from other schools "against" applicants was why they changed the rules and blinded them anyway.

Schools can’t withdraw acceptances unless you did something terrible. I’m sure the paranoia is real after waiting so long but you guys are in lol

• Haha
Schools can’t withdraw acceptances unless you did something terrible. I’m sure the paranoia is real after waiting so long but you guys are in lol

The paranoia is real though - I'm scared to withdraw my DO acceptance. UIC admissions has pulled a lot of shenanigans this cycle and I just don't fully trust them to not say, "Oopsies, we made a mistake."

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if SPP students have access to a gym?

I think that's something you would have to ask the SPP program director person about to be sure, but generally students of the university have the gym membership rolled into their tuition. So, if you're paying tuition, they'll almost certainly let you use the gym.

Does anyone know when the commit to enroll deadline is for UIC? Can't seem to find it on the website

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update for the UMED hopefuls. I was offered an invitation to interview for the program today, so it looks like there’s been more movement because the program was previously full! If you were offered a late acceptance like me, I encourage you to reach out to these longitudinal programs if you’re still interested!

Hey everyone! I interviewed December 10th and after a long wait I was accepted in the same batch as those on Monday (around 5pm CST). The wait actually gave me a lot of time to think so I'm going to withdraw my application in favor of one of my other acceptances. Here's to hoping the acceptance goes to one of you lovely folks!

Side note: Does anyone know how to withdraw your application?

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! I interviewed December 10th and after a long wait I was accepted in the same batch as those on Monday (around 5pm CST). The wait actually gave me a lot of time to think so I'm going to withdraw my application in favor of one of my other acceptances. Here's to hoping the acceptance goes to one of you lovely folks!

Side note: Does anyone know how to withdraw your application?
i would either email admissions/ Leilia or call admissions!

For all of those out there who still haven’t received a decision, is a waitlist inevitable at this point?

Has anyone who has been accepted into a campus specific program had their portal change location yet?

Has anyone who has been accepted into a campus specific program had their portal change location yet?

For me, the portal hadn't changed for 2+ weeks so I asked the graduate assistant 2 days ago (Tuesday night). She emailed someone in admissions, and the portal changed to Chicago today!

For me, the portal hadn't changed for 2+ weeks so I asked the graduate assistant 2 days ago (Tuesday night). She emailed someone in admissions, and the portal changed to Chicago today!
Thanks! What was the email for the graduate assistant? Mine hasn’t changed yet haha

How long did it take everyone to receive their campus placement?

Checked my portal yesterday and today, and today my status went from forwarded to the committee to accepted, so I would check your portal if you are still waiting on a response.

Reactions: 4 users
Checked my portal yesterday and today, and today my status went from forwarded to the committee to accepted, so I would check your portal if you are still waiting on a response.
Congratulations!

Nah fam. Same response

after having my status show "forwarded to the admissions committee" since october, it finally changed to accepted today!!

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!!! 1st of the cycle, interviewed in September. So pumped!!

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED!!! 1st of the cycle, interviewed in September. So pumped!!
Congratulations to you! You’ve been a voice of reason and support for so many of us on this thread. I’m very happy to hear this!!

Congratulations to you! You’ve been a voice of reason and support for so many of us on this thread. I’m very happy to hear this!!

Thank you so much for the kind words - it truly means a lot to hear that. I really hope to meet you (& many others on this thread) come August!!

Anyone know about any Chicago housing information? I missed the second look!