Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
even if that is true, the admissions office should be updating us. it is weird that they told people who were already accepted this information, but not the people who this pertains to. personally, i was informed i would hear back on march 22nd. when I didn't, i tried calling the admissions office various times, and every single time I was informed i would hear back by a random date (which was never true). it is really unprofessional to do this to applicants
I agree it is unprofessional and understand your frustrations. I was guaranteed on my interview day that I would hear back on December 14th, if you can believe that.

I’m not particularly fond of the way UIC is handling things right now, I’m just saying that realistically they are doing what’s best for them which is filling seats as they become available.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I agree it is unprofessional and understand your frustrations. I was guaranteed on my interview day that I would hear back on December 14th, if you can believe that.

I’m not particularly fond of UIC right now and would even go so far as suspecting some degree of yield protection (I was probed multiple times about where else I’d applied + interviewed), I’m just saying that realistically they are doing what’s best for them which is filling seats as they become available.
^^^^^ yeah same thing- asked in detail about my plans for the other places where I had interviewed. like was grilled about it

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
been watching the thread for a while, but first time posting....I was in the same "forwarded to admissions" purgatory until yesterday when it changed to an acceptance (my first one! :soexcited:) ...I got the official email later in the day
Congrats! Mind sharing when you interviewed?

Aug 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
been watching the thread for a while, but first time posting....I was in the same "forwarded to admissions" purgatory until yesterday when it changed to an acceptance (my first one! :soexcited:) ...I got the official email later in the day
Congrats!! Thank you for posting about it!

sherlock_obsessed_m&m

High-Functioning Sociopath
Apr 16, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I would call not having a final rank list by May pretty incompetent, lol.

I mean, unless they have a final rank list and choose to just sit on that information. That would be gross incompetence
Meanwhile, another adcom wishes me a happy birthday. Just goes to show who truly knows and practices respect for their applicants 1:)

Aug 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I got accepted tonight at 4:59pm via email!! First of the cycle. I interviewed on December 6th, and have been on deferred status since January. It doesn't feel real. Good luck to you all, thank you for keeping me sane during this process.
Congrats !!!

Dec 5, 2018
I am currently trying to secure an apartment for the fall, and they are requiring me to provide the monthly amount I will be receiving in loans from the school. I haven't received any information about how much aid/how much loans I will be getting from UICOM. I really want to secure a place to live though. Anyone have suggestions?

Reactions: truewolvgocrim1
Dec 21, 2018
I am currently trying to secure an apartment for the fall, and they are requiring me to provide the monthly amount I will be receiving in loans from the school. I haven't received any information about how much aid/how much loans I will be getting from UICOM. I really want to secure a place to live though. Anyone have suggestions?
Idk anything about the loan payment stuff but I just had an apartment tell me that the income doesn't matter if I can have a guarantor sign with me

Jul 30, 2018
Status
Any accepted applicants receive any follow up mail or email about pre-matriculation prep (like immunization, castlebranch, fed loans app, etc.)? Last time I received any info was back in January with a personalized acceptance letter in the mail.

Reactions: VikMed1790
Jan 30, 2018
Status
Any accepted applicants receive any follow up mail or email about pre-matriculation prep (like immunization, castlebranch, fed loans app, etc.)? Last time I received any info was back in January with a personalized acceptance letter in the mail.
I just received a pre-matriculation email ~1pm. It has info about immunization and background checks, along with the branch-specific contact info.

Aug 12, 2018
Congratulations to everyone! I still haven’t received any notification post interview. Does that mean I’m waitlisted? Should I call and find out?

Reactions: VikMed1790
Dec 11, 2018
Congratulations to everyone! I still haven’t received any notification post interview. Does that mean I’m waitlisted? Should I call and find out?
My portal was stuck on “forwarded to admissions committee” until I received my acceptance an hour ago, so I’m not certain if I was ever officially waitlisted, but I’m assuming they MUST have some sort of a ranked list by now that they are pulling from to offer acceptances as others decline. You could call and ask, but I’m not sure if they would give you anything helpful. The last time I called I was told that they hoped to have a waitlist out after their May meeting. I think it’s the 16th or 17th.

Apr 1, 2019
For all those wondering.... UMED is full :( They said to reach out if you’re still interested because they will consider your app if a spot opens up as more students finalize their matriculation plans over the summer. I’m not sure about the other programs.