2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do what you feel more comfortable with. I believe UIC has stopped being a rolling school after a certain date, which is what I remember from my interview day. I interviewed on 10/1 and they will release decisions on Dec 14/15, and others who interviewed in the vicinity of this date will also hear back around then. It may be that the difference between 11/9 and 11/30 is relatively minimal in terms of your chances.

TLDR: if you think two days is not enough time, I would recommend pushing to 11/30. You only get one interview day. Good luck!

Correct, interviewing at this stage won't really impact you chances. I say go with the date you feel most comfortable with.

Members don't see this ad.

II earlier today- IS. interviewing in rockford on 11/15

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! What does the Chicago campus interview day look like (compared to Peoria or Rockford)?

Could anyone confirm that UIC will be interviewing through March? According to last year's thread, they finished interviews at the end of Feb, but the UIC website says that "applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis from early July to March."

Does "forwarded" mean that the committee hasn't laid eyes on our apps at all yet? I'm stressing about not hearing back from my state school yet but I'm wondering if it's just a matter of being later in the queue and not necessarily an issue with my app
I thought it means they are reviewing your application.

I thought it means they are reviewing your application.

There is also a status that reads "your file is under review" which leads me to believe that "forwarded" might mean that app hasn't been seen yet. Would like further confirmation on this.

There is also a status that reads "your file is under review" which leads me to believe that "forwarded" might mean that app hasn't been seen yet. Would like further confirmation on this.

Yeah, pretty sure forwarded = they haven’t looked at it yet. Same boat I’m in.

There is an under review status that should appear later.

Interviewed on 9/28
Status shows "forwarded to admissions committee"

Has anyone else received an email from the Director of Admissions asking to send in all their letters? Mine are uploaded correctly in AMCAS but I was wondering if there was something else I needed to do. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Just waiting.

I interviewed 9/14 and they told me that my decision would be coming in December. So I think everyone who hasn’t heard back yet will hear then.

I interviewed 9/14 and they told me that my decision would be coming in December. So I think everyone who hasn’t heard back yet will hear then.
I interviewed 9/7 and we were told we would absolutely hear by 10/16, which obviously isn't the case. Admissions ghosted my email asking about the discrepancy in dates. So looks like it may be December for us all

I interviewed 9/7 and we were told we would absolutely hear by 10/16, which obviously isn't the case. Admissions ghosted my email asking about the discrepancy in dates. So looks like it may be December for us all

You could always call. They asked for my AMCAS ID and looked up when I would be hearing from them.

Has anyone’s status page read “we have received your supplemental application and the associated fee, your letters are under manual review for fulfillment of our requirement of either 3 faculty, 2 faculty and 1 research mentor, or a composite health professions advisory committee letter”?
Or anyone knows what it means in the screening process

Has anyone’s status page read “we have received your supplemental application and the associated fee, your letters are under manual review for fulfillment of our requirement of either 3 faculty, 2 faculty and 1 research mentor, or a composite health professions advisory committee letter”?
Or anyone knows what it means in the screening process
Yes. I had that status before my status switched to, “Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee.” I am IS btw.

Does anyone know how long UIC sends IIs? I am IS (from Rockford) and have been complete since mid July and have been "under consideration" for like 2 months :(

Does anyone know how long UIC sends IIs? I am IS (from Rockford) and have been complete since mid July and have been "under consideration" for like 2 months :(
I can't answer your question about how long they run interviews, but I'm guessing that they have to process and review metric f*-tons of apps. I was complete late-July, and you and I are part of the huge group of SDNers who are still waiting to hear. This is probably the natural way of things.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm from Rockford too. From what I remember, the interview process goes until late march. So you can expect that they will be sending invites until late January or February.

Anyone else accepted still waiting to receive letter in the mail/additional information promised on the acceptance part of the portal?

II today! OOS . LizzyM 71-72. Complete early august and was on forwarded to committee last I checked

Reactions: 6 users
If we’re interviewing early Dec, does that mean we’ll still Hear back on dec 14/15 or is it the January date for us?

Does anyone currently at UIC know anything about the COM-PAP? I Just got an interview invite for that program and honestly just based off my undergrad performance (non trad here) i'm extremely appreciative. Thanks!

Sooooo are we thinking 12/14 is the next day for decisions to come out?? I interviewed the second week in November and they didn't really say anything about when we should expect to hear

Wondering the same! Did you interview with COM first? I'm curious how they choose their applicants!
Nope, just applied normally and they offered an interview at the Chicago campus for the PAP but there’s nothing anywhere saying how much it costs, what classes I’m taking, etc

Wondering the same! Did you interview with COM first? I'm curious how they choose their applicants!

The UIC COM UHP Post-baccalaureate Admissions Program (PAP) provides an opportunity for an invited group of underepresented in medicine (URiM) students who have applied for admission to the College of Medicine to participate in an 11-month structured rigorous academic experience. For a flyer, click here.

This was straight from their website. It is interesting how they have this program and they seem to exclusively select URM students. Also, they say in their website that only 15 students are selected for the program in the end.

Hope this helps!