2018-2019 University of Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone give me more information on the drug testing? When does it need to be completed, and is it hair follicle or urine testing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what the dress attire will be for the second visit day? I'm assuming it's more casual than the interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I'm sharing a full-time, paid gap year opportunity for premeds on behalf of Crossings Community Clinic in Oklahoma City.

Here is a brief description:
The Medical Ministry Intern supports the clinic as an integral staff member through ongoing tasks related to administration, clinician support, quality improvement, community outreach, and management of special projects. The intern also works collaboratively with medical professionals and administrative staff to help fulfill the Clinic’s mission of proclaiming the message of Jesus by serving the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the uninsured. The intern will also learn how a charitable clinic operates behind-the-scenes, gain an appreciation for the systems and support that directly impact the delivery of clinical care, gain skills and knowledge surrounding health center leadership, and acquire a better understanding of how to provide holistic, Christ-centered healthcare.

We are currently accepting applications and hope to have the position filled sometime this summer.

Learn more and apply here: https://crossings.church/clinic-careers/

Hello everyone! kind of a specific question, but do you know if pets are allowed in University housing? Like a cat?

Has anyone received an award package email yet? They said they were gonna send them last week

Has anyone received an award package email yet? They said they were gonna send them last week
Merit-based scholarships have been sent out, but I haven't heard anything about need-based financial aid

Any of my fellow waitlisters hanging around here? I called about a week ago interested in the number of people with multiple acceptances, but they didn’t have the numbers at that time. Stay strong fellow wt’s!!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew yesterday, hope one of my fellow Okies gets my spot!

Reactions: 1 users
Called today and they said that 12 people have been taken off the waitlist so far and 8 are still holding multiple acceptances. Slightly disappointed that there isn’t a greater chance for movement but that’s the way of the road I guess.

Called today and they said that 12 people have been taken off the waitlist so far and 8 are still holding multiple acceptances. Slightly disappointed that there isn’t a greater chance for movement but that’s the way of the road I guess.

Keep your head up @oklahomadn! There will be another spot opening up soon since I will be withdrawing my acceptance tonight. I wish you the best :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone accepted to an awesome school. I'm a current MS1 at OUCOM, feel free to send a PM or @ me in this thread if you have any questions.

Anyone know when we gonna hear back on the scholarships we applied for via sir Albertson's email?

Any OU undergrads know how I can get my hands on student tickets for football games?

Called again today. 23 people removed from waitlist, 5 still holding multiple acceptances. Holding on to a sliver of hope here fellow waitlisters.

Anyone have an updated number on how many people are holding multiple acceptances?

Hello everyone! kind of a specific question, but do you know if pets are allowed in University housing? Like a cat?
They are not :(. I lived there this past year, and decided to move for the upcoming year due to this fact.

Does anyone know when the curriculum and/or schedule for Fall 2019 will be released?

You can find the general curriculum layout online. For the first semester you’ll be taking Anatomy followed by Foundations of Medicine as your two “core” classes, as well as three supplemental classes which are Clinical Medicine, Design and Analysis of Clinical Research (statistics), and a class called Physicians, Patients, and Society.

This is a change from what my class (current M1s) had because they’ve merged two core classes we had into one to make Foundations of Medicine. You guys will get an extra 2 weeks for Anatomy as a result.

Reactions: 3 users
RECEIVED A CALL FROM DR. BAKER EARLIER TODAY AND THEYRE TAKING ME OFF THE WAIT LIST!!! SO UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY TODAY. I CANT WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE. SORRY FOR THE SHOUTING

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
RECEIVED A CALL FROM DR. BAKER EARLIER TODAY AND THEYRE TAKING ME OFF THE WAIT LIST!!! SO UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY TODAY. I CANT WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE. SORRY FOR THE SHOUTING

THAT'S OK YOU CAN KEEP SHOUTING. THIS IS A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT. CONGRATS

If you haven't received an interview from them yet, is it probably too late? I see people being taken off the wait-list and everything. Referring to the 2020 cycle.

Last edited:
If you haven't received an interview from them yet, is it probably too late? I see people being taken off the wait-list and everything. Referring to the 2020 cycle.
The 2019 applicants waited until October for interview invites, so you have to be patient while waiting to hear back from OU.