2018-2019 University of Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's an actual secondary unless you're applying to the Tulsa track

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think there's an actual secondary unless you're applying to the Tulsa track
I've heard there is a secondary but that it's just demographic/biographic info. Still, just wanted to let people know that I (for one) haven't got a one yet. And I was curious to know if anyone else was watching this thread. Hey there medschoolzombie!

I've heard there is a secondary but that it's just demographic/biographic info. Still, just wanted to let people know that I (for one) haven't got a one yet. And I was curious to know if anyone else was watching this thread. Hey there medschoolzombie!
Hey man! Lol I hope it's just us applying to this school

This is correct - there’s a short secondary, but the essays are only if you apply to Tulsa campus. Nothing but forms and checkboxes if you’re only applying to OKC.

Still waiting...
From what ive heard from a doc that used to work in admissions, oklahoma tends to run behind many other md schools in the review and interview process, so getting the secondaries out this early is probably not a top concern

From what ive heard from a doc that used to work in admissions, oklahoma tends to run behind many other md schools in the review and interview process, so getting the secondaries out this early is probably not a top concern
I agree. They didn’t start sending them out until end of July or August last year

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received this morning. OOS but strong ties.

It's all biographic checkboxes unless you're applying to the Tulsa track.
Tulsa SCM track only:
1.) Please submit an essay (450 words or less) that explains your interest and commitment to Community Medicine.
2.)Please explain (in 250 words or less) how you expect the SCM track to enhance your medical education.
3.)Please enter any additional community or volunteer experience not included on your AMCAS application. (no word limit)
4.)Please enter any other relevant life experience that you feel might have an impact on your application to the SCM track. (no word limit)
@gyngyn

"Secondary" received and submitted. OOS

What's the IS vs. OOS percentage for admission? Their online admissions pdf says at least 75% has to be instate, but what is it typically or for past years?

What's the IS vs. OOS percentage for admission? Their online admissions pdf says at least 75% has to be instate, but what is it typically or for past years?
I remember them saying that 90ish % of the class end up being IS

Did anyone get a "application complete" email sent to them? My letters got in late so although I received a "application submitted" email after turning in the secondary I never got a "application complete" email after my letters were sent. Did any of you all receive a complete email?

Did anyone get a "application complete" email sent to them? My letters got in late so although I received a "application submitted" email after turning in the secondary I never got a "application complete" email after my letters were sent. Did any of you all receive a complete email?
I was in the same boat with my letters coming after my secondary. I didn't get an email but my portal status changed to complete when the letters came in. Just check the portal

I was in the same boat with my letters coming after my secondary. I didn't get an email but my portal status changed to complete when the letters came in. Just check the portal

I checked that and there is the green check mark but unlike the other items on the list this one didn't have any comments on it. Like how the application item has a comment about when it was submitted. Does yours have any comments on the "letters" item?

I checked that and there is the green check mark but unlike the other items on the list this one didn't have any comments on it. Like how the application item has a comment about when it was submitted. Does yours have any comments on the "letters" item?
Nope, nothing next to letters other than the check mark. App complete has a check mark and then the message "your application is ready!". If it says you're complete then there's nothing to worry about

Nope, nothing next to letters other than the check mark. App complete has a check mark and then the message "your application is ready!". If it says you're complete then there's nothing to worry about

This helps a lot, thanks!

Submitted July 11th, still no word back. From looking at last year's application thread, we may not hear back until Sep. 20ish.

Just FYI people, they don't start looking at apps until September apparently. IS people will probably receive priority and II start in Oct

Has anyone heard back yet? Interviews are next week, right?

First interview is Oct 26 give or take a day or two, I can’t remember exactly. I’m a current student and heard about it last week.

Received II yesterday for Oct 26. Out of State with strong ties to OK. MCAT 519 with 4.0. Transmitted late July.

Congrats on the II! Did they call, email, or was it just on the portal? Thanks.

Got an II, but my option was to interview on the 10/25.... I have always thought OU interviewed on Fridays.... is something messed up or did anyone else sign up for 10/25?

Does anyone have any information on the SCM interview that they can disclose?

If I'm in state and complete my app next week do I still have a chance? With letters in and everything. 510/3.5, strong EC's and letters. Thanks!

II on Friday. LM 69, IS, submitted secondary in late August. They had several interview dates to choose from in both October and November.

II today, OOS with very strong ties, LizzyM 74, complete 8/23. Anyone know what I should do if none of the interview dates are possible for me?