2018-2019 University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Will they email us if we don't get any merit aid?

Received one of the 21st Century Scholars awards just now! Wow unreal!

Reactions: 10 users
Received one of the 21st Century Scholars awards just now! Wow unreal!
Congrats that’s amazing! Out of curiosity, did you send a letter to financial aid about matching any sort of scholarship?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Is it full tuition or full COA? Can students keep 21st Century Scholars and need-based financial aid?
It's full tuition, and yes you can combine need-based aid. I was informed of both the need-based aid and the merit scholarship in the same email.

Reactions: 1 user
It's full tuition, and yes you can combine need-based aid. I was informed of both the need-based aid and the merit scholarship in the same email.
Nice!!! Guessing others will give out soon too.

Does anyone know if all of these merit scholarships have already been given out? Or are they releasing them throughout the course of the week?

Aren’t there at least 20-25 of them? Figured I’d see more than 1 on SDN

Reactions: 3 users
Lurker here, I also received the 21st century scholarship! Don’t really think it means much for how many they have/haven’t released, but my gut is telling me they probably would release them all within a short time of each other? Can’t say for sure

Lurker here, I also received the 21st century scholarship! Don’t really think it means much for how many they have/haven’t released, but my gut is telling me they probably would release them all within a short time of each other? Can’t say for sure

Did you get it with the rest of your financial aid? If so, when did you have it submitted?

Did you get it with the rest of your financial aid? If so, when did you have it submitted?

I didn’t apply for need based financial aid, but the letter they gave me seems to indicate what my need-based package would be for the remaining COA (i.e. all loans)

Can I ask when they told you? Was it around the time of the other SDN poster?

Does anyone’s portal have merit aid listed in addition to need based? (Other than the people who got 21st century scholarships).

Is anyone considering this new EMT program? Can existing students speak to what they think the benefit of it might be? Or any detriments like additional time commitments

Is anyone not able to see their fin aid award letter on their status page? Got an email this morning saying it would be there.

Got my package on the portal. Only has need based on there. Relatively speaking compared to Yale FA, it was very generous and that fact that it holds for four years makes it a lot easier to calculate total cost!

all merit aid has been announced according to the financial aid office

Withdrew this morning. Hope someone else deserving gets my spot.

Reactions: 4 users
So is there no chance of matching aid anymore now that all merit scholarships are announced?

I know Penn has a reputation for matching financial aid packages, but does anyone know if they match offers that go beyond tuition (aka cost of living/transportation)?

To those who went to second look, how was it? Was not able to attend.

Just withdrew from the WL, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
I'll be withdrawing - hopefully it makes the odds a little less grim for someone! Best of luck to those still waiting.

Has anyone heard anything about WL movement?

is it okay that we sent a LOI 3/5 ? should I send something else now that it's may? i thought earlier the better but now I worry that the letter is from so long ago they brushed it off and think i'm not interested anymore

I was told from a very that if youve already made your interest clear its best not to contact them again

Yeah I feel like if you already sent a letter to show them that you are still interested and would change your plans to attend Penn if accepted it’s not necessary to contact again. I’m guessing that they are going to fill any demographic holes left from decision day, and will see who would fit and if they have shown a strong interest in penn, they will reach out.