2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No matter what happens Friday, I WILL be taking advantage of a happy hour after work!
[/QUOTEL
I don’t care if i get accepted one day before school starts , I will pack my bags and go . Loll !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got a call today at around noon about an acceptance. I declined, but it immediately went out to one of my friends like 10 minutes later who accepted it.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am here at the transition to M1 resource fair, there are already 292 students in the class according to the sign-in sheet

I am here at the transition to M1 resource fair, there are already 292 students in the class according to the sign-in sheet

Alright so I guess I'm done here. Was starting to enter the zone of the end. Holding on to going out Friday night to ease the transition

Alright so I guess I'm done here. Was starting to enter the zone of the end. Holding on to going out Friday night to ease the transition
Is it to too late to reapply for this incoming cycle or I can still reapply? I have to take the mcat tough. I made the biggest mistake ever , I was hoping that they were to give me a chance so I stop studying for the mcat . Now it’s already July , I haven’t submitted my application and I have to retake the mcat. Smh !

Is it to too late to reapply for this incoming cycle or I can still reapply? I have to take the mcat tough. I made the biggest mistake ever , I was hoping that they were to give me a chance so I stop studying for the mcat . Now it’s already July , I haven’t submitted my application and I have to retake the mcat. Smh !
usually september is the latest they will accept your MCAT score, so you could probably take it by the end of the month and still get your score sent in on time

Can confirm, got official word the class is full right now and they have no plans to accept any more students unless someone backs out

Members don't see this ad :)
Can confirm, got official word the class is full right now and they have no plans to accept any more students unless someone backs out
Not calling you out or anything but know that their official word" is constantly changing and some ppl on the admissions team are often misinformed or not updated. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. We're still in this.

Reactions: 1 users
Today at the mentor presentation they said that there are 6 seats left to fill.
I’m just confused because one person said there were already 292 students at the resource fair, then the dean said yesterday that the class is full. What is actually going on? How can so many sources be so wrong all the time? I guess what you’re saying is 6 people (or more if they decline) will get phone calls today then because they obviously aren’t doing it over the weekend.

I’m just confused because one person said there were already 292 students at the resource fair, then the dean said yesterday that the class is full. What is actually going on? How can so many sources be so wrong all the time? I guess what you’re saying is 6 people (or more if they decline) will get phone calls today then because they obviously aren’t doing it over the weekend.

I know for sure there are 292 people at this time in the class. My last name starts with a Wh, and when I signed in I was with the last 10 people on the last page of sign in. Each name had a sequential number next to it, and the last person on the list was #292. For reference, I was roughly #282

My parents both went through Wayne's medical school way way way back in the stone ages, and even they said that people would be dropping out even as soon as the first week, so I wouldn't be surprised of that number shrinks back down and people get a call

Reactions: 1 user
I really gotta stop checking this thread cuz yall are refusing to let my hope finally die, LOL ;)

Maybe the class is full and people are just dropping? I know of one person who got the acceptance yesterday (Friday) which means there are probably others?

Last edited:
Maybe the class is full and people are just dropping? I know of one person who got the acceptance yesterday (Friday) which means there are probably others?

That would appear to be the case. Just looked at class list again when signing up for more orientation nonsense, and there were only 286 students listed

Tons of shifting is happening right now. I'm gonna keep praying. They will be calling people all the way into Monday/Tuesday

Just got the rejection letter. Thanks for all the support and information through this wild ride! I wish the best of luck for all of you moving forward.

Finally got the reject email. I knew it was coming but it still feels disappointing.

Just got the rejection letter. Thanks for all the support and information through this wild ride! I wish the best of luck for all of you moving forward.
i wonder if everyone on alternate list got the email, cause apparently some others just dropped out.

i wonder if everyone on alternate list got the email, cause apparently some others just dropped out.

Are you referring to the 6 that dropped out during the transition fair or did more people drop out?

Did you not receive a letter?

Are you referring to the 6 that dropped out during the transition fair or did more people drop out?

Did you not receive a letter?
I got the email. Called up admissions right after to see what was up. They said more folks dropped out. Like I've said before. It's Wayne. My cousin got called in second day classes started. Not second day of orientation, but second day of classes. They can send out emails. When I touched base yesterday, they said they would go all the way to Friday.
more folks dropped out today. tomorrow is the first day of classes. Which means the game is still ongoing even with their emails.

I also skyped with an admissions counselor who gave me some inside scoop on some more folks dropping out.

I got the email. Called up admissions right after to see what was up. They said more folks dropped out. Like I've said before. It's Wayne. My cousin got called in second day classes started. Not second day of orientation, but second day of classes. They can send out emails. When I touched base yesterday, they said they would go all the way to Friday.
more folks dropped out today. tomorrow is the first day of classes. Which means the game is still ongoing even with their emails.

Isn't the first day of the "real" medical classes after the white coat ceremony? That's like two weeks from now.

So are you saying that even though we got a rejection email, we may still get a shot???

Isn't the first day of the "real" medical classes after the white coat ceremony? That's like two weeks from now.

So are you saying that even though we got a rejection email, we may still get a shot???
First day of classes is technically tomorrow. In year's past people have dropped even then. They start actual classes tomorrow, White coat ceremony is next Friday. Admissions counselor said you can't bank on it, but she said you never know what can happen.

Since I'm starting to plan for this upcoming year, does anyone know if they accept general (but not survey) non-calculus physics for the prereq? I had emailed them like two weeks ago and have yet to get a response

Since I'm starting to plan for this upcoming year, does anyone know if they accept general (but not survey) non-calculus physics for the prereq? I had emailed them like two weeks ago and have yet to get a response
I used general non-calculus physics and they accepted it. I would always consult the MSAR though, would have saved me a lot of money.

I called the office and they said that the selection process is over. Thanks again for all the support!