ahmedomar2015

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I actually heard that today was the last day to receive an acceptance. Admissions doesn't want to push it any closer to orientation. Maybe 1-2 spots might become available if people don't show to orientation but its highly unlikely.
Dang can I ask how you found this out? Hopefully this is an instance where the people at admissions have conflicting information and this is actually false.

Jun 15, 2018
I actually heard that today was the last day to receive an acceptance. Admissions doesn't want to push it any closer to orientation. Maybe 1-2 spots might become available if people don't show to orientation but its highly unlikely.
May I ask who you heard this from? I know you have some connections with the admissions committee, but did you directly hear this from them?

Feb 21, 2018
May I ask who you heard this from? I know you have some connections with the admissions committee, but did you directly hear this from them?
It was something that I heard indirectly from the dean of admissions. Don’t want to give any bad news but Wayne will never reject people off the waitlist. They make you figure it out and that sucks.

Feb 21, 2018
Dang can I ask how you found this out? Hopefully this is an instance where the people at admissions have conflicting information and this is actually false.
It came from the higher ups. There’s just no way to schedule another adcom meeting to accept a large group of students one week before. They probably had the numbers since 50% of people don’t report on SDN

Aug 21, 2018
Have anyone checked the facebook page? the number of members keeps increasing every day? does that mean they've been accepting students every day?2

Jun 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
It came from the higher ups. There’s just no way to schedule another adcom meeting to accept a large group of students one week before. They probably had the numbers since 50% of people don’t report on SDN
who the hell knows for sure with wayne, but if what you're saying is true, we may just have to throw in the towel

Feb 21, 2018
who the hell knows for sure with wayne, but if what you're saying is true, we may just have to throw in the towel
I actually got a different answer this morning from admissions, who said that movement between now and the 15th is still expected. Could be a situation where the higher ups are out of the loop because they don’t vote on the committee. That would be embarrassing but beneficial for all of us and a Wayne thing to do

Tetines of Paris

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2016
I actually got a different answer this morning from admissions, who said that movement between now and the 15th is still expected. Could be a situation where the higher ups are out of the loop because they don’t vote on the committee. That would be embarrassing but beneficial for all of us and a Wayne thing to do
Lol you're the one they initially told acceptances only will be sent on Mondays via portal and then later told you it would be any day. My goodness...

Mar 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I am here at the transition to M1 resource fair, there are already 292 students in the class according to the sign-in sheet

Aug 21, 2018
Alright so I guess I'm done here. Was starting to enter the zone of the end. Holding on to going out Friday night to ease the transition
Is it to too late to reapply for this incoming cycle or I can still reapply? I have to take the mcat tough. I made the biggest mistake ever , I was hoping that they were to give me a chance so I stop studying for the mcat . Now it’s already July , I haven’t submitted my application and I have to retake the mcat. Smh !

Mar 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it to too late to reapply for this incoming cycle or I can still reapply? I have to take the mcat tough. I made the biggest mistake ever , I was hoping that they were to give me a chance so I stop studying for the mcat . Now it’s already July , I haven’t submitted my application and I have to retake the mcat. Smh !
usually september is the latest they will accept your MCAT score, so you could probably take it by the end of the month and still get your score sent in on time

ahmedomar2015

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Can confirm, got official word the class is full right now and they have no plans to accept any more students unless someone backs out
Not calling you out or anything but know that their official word" is constantly changing and some ppl on the admissions team are often misinformed or not updated. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. We're still in this.

Feb 21, 2018
Today at the mentor presentation they said that there are 6 seats left to fill.
I’m just confused because one person said there were already 292 students at the resource fair, then the dean said yesterday that the class is full. What is actually going on? How can so many sources be so wrong all the time? I guess what you’re saying is 6 people (or more if they decline) will get phone calls today then because they obviously aren’t doing it over the weekend.

Mar 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I’m just confused because one person said there were already 292 students at the resource fair, then the dean said yesterday that the class is full. What is actually going on? How can so many sources be so wrong all the time? I guess what you’re saying is 6 people (or more if they decline) will get phone calls today then because they obviously aren’t doing it over the weekend.
I know for sure there are 292 people at this time in the class. My last name starts with a Wh, and when I signed in I was with the last 10 people on the last page of sign in. Each name had a sequential number next to it, and the last person on the list was #292. For reference, I was roughly #282

My parents both went through Wayne's medical school way way way back in the stone ages, and even they said that people would be dropping out even as soon as the first week, so I wouldn't be surprised of that number shrinks back down and people get a call

Reactions: canreadcanwrite
Oct 3, 2018
Maybe the class is full and people are just dropping? I know of one person who got the acceptance yesterday (Friday) which means there are probably others?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe the class is full and people are just dropping? I know of one person who got the acceptance yesterday (Friday) which means there are probably others?
That would appear to be the case. Just looked at class list again when signing up for more orientation nonsense, and there were only 286 students listed