2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance seat pending!

Interviewed 4/13
Seat pending 4/30

Im very excited to make the move to Arizona!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if there are any consequences for accepting a seat but withdrawing in June? Is the contract and offer acceptance a binding contract? I am waitlisted at my other schools and could find out as late as july about my status.

Does anyone know if there are any consequences for accepting a seat but withdrawing in June? Is the contract and offer acceptance a binding contract? I am waitlisted at my other schools and could find out as late as july about my status.
I don't think there are legal consequences - you'll just lose your $2,000 deposit which isn't fun.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, does anyone have the academic calendar for this school? I received an email saying all dates and timelines are to be continued normally. On the website, it just lists July 13th as the start date, not the orientation date. Thank you for your help!

It appears that orientation is online this year.... there is a link in our portal to attend/participate in an online orientation (I have not yet done this).
I really hope our white coat ceremony isn't online this year... we've waited a long time for this moment.

Hi, does anyone have the academic calendar for this school? I received an email saying all dates and timelines are to be continued normally. On the website, it just lists July 13th as the start date, not the orientation date. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: 1 users
It appears that orientation is online this year.... there is a link in our portal to attend/participate in an online orientation (I have not yet done this).
I really hope our white coat ceremony isn't online this year... we've waited a long time for this moment.
They sent out an email yesterday stating that orientation will still be in-person in Mesa, AZ.

They sent out an email yesterday stating that orientation will still be in-person in Mesa, AZ.
Just got that info as well. looks like orientation starts on July 6th. However the white coat ceremony will at least be delayed, as the location for this event is closed till October due to COVID.

2nd year student procrastinating during dedicated. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the program.

2nd year student procrastinating during dedicated. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the program.

Hi thank you for this post. I do have a few questions. Thank you in advance for your help!

1) What's a typical week like for you in the CHC, do you believe you have a good support system from the school and other students or is it mostly just self motivated independent learning
2) Do you know if the 2020 match list has been revealed
3) How did you figure out housing for the first year? I know the school does not offer any dorms but I am coming out of state and with COVID happening right now, not sure how to go about that.

Any current students able to answer how away rotations work years 3-4 and how many we are able to do?

Reactions: 2 users
Just received my full acceptance! Very excited!

• Love
Just received my full acceptance! Very excited!

Congratulations! When was your interview and when did you receive acceptance pending open seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! When was your interview and when did you receive acceptance pending open seat?

Interviewed 4/13
Seat pending 4/30
Full acceptance 5/7

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invites are over? I just haven't received a rejection and I am wondering if they are a silent rejection school.

At this time, I believe it would be safe to conclude that interview invites are over. I received a “our class is currently full and will no longer be doing interviews” by their other campus about a week or so ago.

Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about dress code at SOMA. For the Caribbean blue scrubs, are we required to get them through the medical school or can we get them from a different company? I was also wondering, if i can use scrubs from a different company, where can I find a picture of the specific shade of Caribbean blue that I need to try and match?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about dress code at SOMA. For the Caribbean blue scrubs, are we required to get them through the medical school or can we get them from a different company? I was also wondering, if i can use scrubs from a different company, where can I find a picture of the specific shade of Caribbean blue that I need to try and match?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I too would like to know this information. Currently have some figs scrubs in that color from my old job in the hospital. Would love it if i could keep using them.

Anyone else stuck in the background check process? Mine is currently on hold because a particular counties court is closed due to COVID :bored:

I too would like to know this information. Currently have some figs scrubs in that color from my old job in the hospital. Would love it if i could keep using them.
I actually just found a post in the class Facebook page and we can use any brand of scrubs as long as they are Caribbean blue - then we have to get them embroidered at a specific shop in Phoenix before classes start!

I can’t remember, does ATSU have virtual anatomy lab? Or partially virtual anatomy lab?

Does anyone know if ATSU provides us with access to any question banks (Kaplan, UWORLD)

Anyone have CHC movement yet? Really hoping to be bumped up a couple spots.

Anyone have the 2020 Match list for this school? Thanks!

Anyone have any idea how many people are on the alternate list and accepted pending?
I emailed a few days back, and although they cannot give that information, or tell you where you are on the waitlist, you can find out what rating you got post-interview. It is on a scale of 3.5-6.49.

Anyone know what the FA - Debt Management Counseling #1 and #2 are?

Anyone know what the FA - Debt Management Counseling #1 and #2 are?
From an email response on the same, it's counseling modules and presentations we will be required to complete before graduation. Nothing to worry about for matriculation/enrollment.

Does anyone know if we can get our first deposit back- even partial? I got accepted to another school and will be withdrawing from here.

Does anyone know if we can get our first deposit back- even partial? I got accepted to another school and will be withdrawing from here.
I think they are both non-refundable.

They are only refundable if you withdraw within three days of making the deposit. Not including holidays or weekends.

Interviewed 3/27
Pending Accepted 4/19
Full Acceptance 5/22 :)
Took two whole months but glad I made it!
Does anybody have any info on CHC sites that should be avoided at all costs?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone on the waitlist been contacted?

For those accepted, is there a particular program that you took to obtain your CPR certification. I just want to make sure that I obtain it through a program that meets ATSU's requirement?
Also, how long did it take you before you received your ATSU username and password as well as financial aid reward? I'm in the process of finding some housing, and I am worried that I might not be able to secure a place since I have no way of showing proof of future income without the financial aid letter.

Congrats on your acceptance! Most students are completing their CPR/BLS training through protrainings.com. The link was posted in the facebook group.
I think I received my ATSU email set up within a week of being accepted and my financial aid package was sent out ~2 weeks after I completed my FAFSA. There are a lot of great housing options in Mesa. Once you receive your financial aid offer, reach out to enrollment services and they will create an income verification letter for you. I secured housing over a month ago and provided my income verification letter last week. Most housing places will probably hold a spot for you as long as you can provide the letter within a week of moving in :)

Congrats on your acceptance! Most students are completing their CPR/BLS training through protrainings.com. The link was posted in the facebook group.
I think I received my ATSU email set up within a week of being accepted and my financial aid package was sent out ~2 weeks after I completed my FAFSA. There are a lot of great housing options in Mesa. Once you receive your financial aid offer, reach out to enrollment services and they will create an income verification letter for you. I secured housing over a month ago and provided my income verification letter last week. Most housing places will probably hold a spot for you as long as you can provide the letter within a week of moving in :)

Thanks for the reply!
It is really helpful. I need to join the facebook group too lol

Thanks for the reply!
It is really helpful. I need to join the facebook group too lol
I would strongly recommend that everyone who has been accepted to the school join the Facebook group. We have only received a few emails from SOMA with the majority of our information coming from current students who talk to the administration on our behalf and posted in the group page.

For accepted students, when were you able to see your financial aid offer? I submitted my FAFSA about 2 months ago.

I would strongly recommend that everyone who has been accepted to the school join the Facebook group. We have only received a few emails from SOMA with the majority of our information coming from current students who talk to the administration on our behalf and posted in the group page.
I'm part of the Class of 2024! Could you DM me so I can ask you to add me to the facebook group?