2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current students!
Does anyone know how COVID-19 is impacting courses? I assume they can easily do the first year online given the virtual labs and what not. My question is, do you think they won’t make first years actually move to AZ for 10 months? Since we’ll likely be learning entirely remote?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Could any accepted students tell me what pre-matriculation requirements are? Background check, immunization, drug screen, etc.?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 25th March...I was wondering if anyone heard back from the school?

Interviewed 2/14
Accepted pending open seat 3/2
Full acceptance @ 2pm today

Very excited and eager to go here. Best of luck to everyone, there is hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone able to tell me how I can view the available CHC's?
Also, any current students able to help clarify clinical rotations and away rotations? I'd like to DM you for insight.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone able to tell me how I can view the available CHC's?
Also, any current students able to help clarify clinical rotations and away rotations? I'd like to DM you for insight.
Thanks!

I emailed the school to ask about current CHC availability and they were pretty quick to get back. There isn’t a link to see what is available/closed.

I emailed the school to ask about current CHC availability and they were pretty quick to get back. There isn’t a link to see what is available/closed.

Thanks! They have Ohio, Southern IL, and Scranton rn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interviewed the week of March 27th
Accepted pending an open seat today!

Any current students able to clarify something about CHC's and rotations for me?

For example: the Portland location, are we expected to travel to areas surrounding Portland as well as up north to Alaska?

Thanks!

Interviewed on 3/25
Accepted Pending Open Seat today!! Hope it turns into a full acceptance soon :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!
Received the call this morning for accepted pending an open seat. Can anyone clarify how this is different than the wait list? Or if they know how movement to full acceptance works or has worked in the past? As applications are opening again in a few weeks, should I be preparing to reapply?

Hello everyone!
Received the call this morning for accepted pending an open seat. Can anyone clarify how this is different than the wait list? Or if they know how movement to full acceptance works or has worked in the past? As applications are opening again in a few weeks, should I be preparing to reapply?
The admissions counselor that I met with after my interview told me that you are basically guaranteed full acceptance of you are accepted pending an open seat. He said that they always get through the entire accepted pending an open seat list and they usually get through half of the alternate list.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
It looks like they are handing out pending acceptances like candy:) - even I got one! How many students are accepted? How many on this pending list?

The admissions counselor that I met with after my interview told me that you are basically guaranteed full acceptance of you are accepted pending an open seat. He said that they always get through the entire accepted pending an open seat list and they usually get through half of the alternate list.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon!

Just got the accepted pending seat as well! Looks like most are getting the official acceptance about a month after acceptance pending seat. Does that seem correct? Really praying those of us with this status get in!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the accepted pending seat as well! Looks like most are getting the official acceptance about a month after acceptance pending seat. Does that seem correct? Really praying those of us with this status get in!
When did you interview?

Just got my full acceptance and #1 CHC!

Interviewed 3/25
Accepted pending open seat 4/16

Just got my full acceptance and #1 CHC!

Interviewed 3/25
Accepted pending open seat 4/16

Congratulations! Did they send an email with the full acceptance? I interviewed on 3/25 and accepted pending open seat 4/15 as well.

Received my full acceptance today!
Interviewed 3/26
Accepted seat pending 4/16
Got a call and emailed full acceptance 4/17.

Hey, So I am a little confused about the CHC sites...

1. Do we only spend one year on campus and then the next 3 years at a CHC site?

2. Will there be an actual place to attend lectures and study at these sites?

3. Any existing medical students, married with a family have any experience on life at these sites? Thanks!

Hi so I have a few questions, Thank you in advance!

1) Has the University stated anything regarding COVID19 and if that will impact the curriculum timeframe and when we will be expected to be on campus

2) Can someone elaborate on housing, a current med student perhaps, what areas to live in and if there is a University complex where most students live

3) Does anyone have access to the 2019 or 2020 Match lists for SOMA?

Hi so I have a few questions, Thank you in advance!

1) Has the University stated anything regarding COVID19 and if that will impact the curriculum timeframe and when we will be expected to be on campus

2) Can someone elaborate on housing, a current med student perhaps, what areas to live in and if there is a University complex where most students live

3) Does anyone have access to the 2019 or 2020 Match lists for SOMA?

Here is the match for 2019, but I'm still waiting for someone to post the 2020 match.
https://www.atsu.edu/pdf/admissions-postgraduate-residency-placement.pdf

As someone on the alternate list, does anyone know the last date of interviews for this cycle?

Has anyone heard back from interviews the first week of April?

Just got accepted seat pending!

Interviewed via Zoom: Tuesday 03/31

Everyone has been expressing that this seat pending status usually turns into an acceptance. However, since AACOMAS open up again for the next cycle early next month. I really want to believe that this will turn into a full acceptance (and save myself money from applying again), but I think it would be smart of me to go ahead and begin applying again (worst case scenario). Thoughts from anyone else still sitting on 'accepted seat pending' this close to the 20-21 cycle?

Last edited:
Just got accepted seat pending!

Interviewed via Zoom: Tuesday 3/31

Everyone has been expressing that this seat pending status usually turns into an acceptance. However, since AACOMAS open up again for the next cycle early next month. I really want to believe that this will turn into a full acceptance (and save myself money from applying again), but I think it would be smart of me to go ahead and begin applying again (worst case scenario). Thoughts from anyone else still sitting on 'accepted seat pending' this close to the 20-21 cycle?

Hello, I was accepted pending a seat becomes available on 4/17. I have also heard that this most always turns into a full acceptance, and that ATSU usually gets to the alternate list as well (correct me if I am wrong).

However, there is that slight chance that we will not get in. I am keeping my hopes up, but I will be filling out my application for next year in the off chance I don't get in.

Also accepted-seat pending!!! I just hope there’s a lot of movement after April 30th.

Well, just got moved to full acceptance!

Interview: 03/31
Accepted, seat pending: 04/23
Accepted: 04/23 (10 hours later lol)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For those accepted seat pending, did she say there was nothing else we needed to do? Just to wait for full acceptance?

For those accepted seat pending, did she say there was nothing else we needed to do? Just to wait for full acceptance?

Hello! I had emailed the person who gave me the acceptance call yesterday with that question and she said there is nothing else you can do, unless SOMA is your top choice, then she suggested sending a letter of intent (which I had already done 2 days post-interview).

Hello! I had emailed the person who gave me the acceptance call yesterday with that question and she said there is nothing else you can do, unless SOMA is your top choice, then she suggested sending a letter of intent (which I had already done 2 days post-interview).

thanks!

Does anybody who got accepted recently know which CHCs are still open? I got accepted pending open seat on 4/14 and have yet to hear back and getting a little worried on what leftover CHC I may get placed into.

Hello,
Anyone on the Alternate list received an acceptance?

Does anyone know if they have completed interview cycles (if so, what was the last date) or if there is upcoming interviews still scheduled?

Does anyone know if they have completed interview cycles (if so, what was the last date) or if there is upcoming interviews still scheduled?
Hey, not sure if there are additional interview dates (I don't think there are) but I do know accepted students need to submit their second deposits on May 1st. So there will definitely be some students that drop their acceptances after that

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Got the full acceptance call today!
Accepted pending seat: 4/17
Full Acceptance: 4/29

Anybody know of a link with student information on CHC Sites? Im having a hard time picking one.

• Love
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Interviewed 03/25.
Accepted pending 04/17.
Full acceptance today 04/29!!!!

Also would like information on the CHCs.

• Love
Hello all! I am on the alternate list. If anyone can post when they hear anything in the next couple weeks, I would love to know some updates! Thanks