Jul 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
UCLA ptsd?
I got lucky with UCLA actually so no damage was done there, but was certainly traumatized by Columbia this week. This one is so confusing it's not even traumatizing I just have no idea what's happening

Reactions: mpa19
About the Ads

Gshah97

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Some movement last year, end of May.

Reactions: purpleflamingo

MrsDrDr

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
WL. No reason to hold this, so the next person can bump up into my spot.

Reactions: TheDataKing
May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted. I accepted the spot. We’ll see what happens

About the Ads
Feb 24, 2020
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
WL as well hopefully we get some movement this year!!

Gshah97

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I wonder if they give out positions or general categories for the waitlist. I have 1 other A at U of Colorado, both are similarly priced and ranked. I did like BU a lot though and I wonder if being on the WL impacts aid in any way. Is need based aid still the same and available, etc.

About the Ads
Jul 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I got the WL too dun dun duuun im scared to see the odds of getting off of it

Oct 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
WL and accepted the spot

Matt Penn

2+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
According to MSAR, BU has 300 waitlist spots and 20 were offered acceptances from the waitlist last year. Not sure if they fill all waitlist spots but I'm really hoping for a better ratio this year. The Dean did mention that accepted students have an average of 4 total acceptances, essentially implying that a lot reject their offer. Do what you want with this information...

Reactions: throwawayofcourse
May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
According to MSAR, BU has 300 waitlist spots and 20 were offered acceptances from the waitlist last year. Not sure if they fill all waitlist spots but I'm really hoping for a better ratio this year. The Dean did mention that accepted students have an average of 4 total acceptances, essentially implying that a lot reject their offer. Do what you want with this information...
Ah, now I know why I was waitlisted: they somehow figured out I’m one of those losers with less than 4 acceptances. How could I possibly lower their accepted students’ stats like that...?

Reactions: Matt Penn
May 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted via email today also! One of my top choices but the cost is a bit discouraging

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I knew WL chances were bad but wow....

Cardiacmriiiii

2+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
WL kinda annoyed as it felt like a perfect fit but also got into my dream school so it’s fine

About the Ads
Oct 15, 2019
Accepted via email!!! Went to my promo email box!

Reactions: NeedsV4lidation
Jul 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
WL as well. I loved BU but holding an acceptance at my state school so not planning to accept due to the high tuition. Good luck everyone!

Gshah97

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Seems like everyone either got WL or A, which isn’t making me feel ang better about the WL .

• Sad
Aug 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if you can call the office and find out where you are on the WL?

Aug 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Do any schools do this? It would be super useful to know
Idk about other schools, but I do know that if you call the admissions office at Eastern Virginia, they will tell you if you’re in the upper, middle, or bottom third of the WL.

idonutknow

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted.

Oct 15, 2019
For those accepted, did your portal change yet? Mine still says interview complete and I don’t see any place to accept my offer

Ivesworth

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
WL checking in. Did BU even reject anybody ahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the Ads