-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Boston University
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WL... Really excited to start working on my personal statement again
Accepted via email. This process was frustrating
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL. It’s looking like a 3rd reapplication...
Also accepted via email!
lukesup_12
Full Member
Just got the A via email. So happy 🙂
HolisticAFFF
Full Member
Does anyone know if you can call the office and find out where you are on the WL?
Do any schools do this? It would be super useful to knowDoes anyone know if you can call the office and find out where you are on the WL?
michiganderrrr
Full Member
i know some state schools that do this!Do any schools do this? It would be super useful to know
HolisticAFFF
Full Member
Idk about other schools, but I do know that if you call the admissions office at Eastern Virginia, they will tell you if you’re in the upper, middle, or bottom third of the WL.Do any schools do this? It would be super useful to know
Accepted.
For those accepted, did your portal change yet? Mine still says interview complete and I don’t see any place to accept my offer
themightychondrion
Full Member
WL checking in. Did BU even reject anybody ahah
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you go back a few pages, there was a post-II R wave before acceptances went out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those accepted, did your portal change yet? Mine still says interview complete and I don’t see any place to accept my offer
Yes my portal changed I think this morning!
Where was the tab to accept the offer? Is it in the action items tab? ThanksYes my portal changed I think this morning!
Where was the tab to accept the offer? Is it in the action items tab? Thanks
my heading changed at the top where it says “current status” and there was a clickable link to accept the offer. It’s now changed to “you accepted our offer of admission” so I don’t remember what it said before.
Regardless, you should see it at the top of your page in the center when the update it!
Thanks! Just got an email too saying I can accept.my heading changed at the top where it says “current status” and there was a clickable link to accept the offer. It’s now changed to “you accepted our offer of admission” so I don’t remember what it said before.
Regardless, you should see it at the top of your page in the center when the update it!
I wonder if they give out positions or general categories for the waitlist. I have 1 other A at U of Colorado, both are similarly priced and ranked. I did like BU a lot though and I wonder if being on the WL impacts aid in any way. Is need based aid still the same and available, etc.
Haha I got accepted to BU and got waitlisted at Colorado... Stuck between the two as well.
Do any one know in 2020/21 if they awarding $275 grant for MSR?
How much is the rent?
The 2019/20 base rent is $1,300 and includes utilities, basic HD cable, and high speed internet. In 2019/20, there is a Housing Grant of $275 awarded to each resident.
In offer letter package it doesn't mention
How much is the rent?
The 2019/20 base rent is $1,300 and includes utilities, basic HD cable, and high speed internet. In 2019/20, there is a Housing Grant of $275 awarded to each resident.
In offer letter package it doesn't mention
Is there a FB Group for accepted students yet?
Includes your acceptance letter, scholarship, MSR info etcAccepted... Stoked on this one. What is the letter package that is mentioned?
email or snail mail? cheersIncludes your acceptance letter, scholarship, MSR info etc
email or snail mail? cheers
I got an email with a whole bunch of PDF pages - is this the same as the letter package?
And have any dean scholarships been mentioned yet for this acceptance wave?
That package should have dean scholarship if offered....I got an email with a whole bunch of PDF pages - is this the same as the letter package?
And have any dean scholarships been mentioned yet for this acceptance wave?
email..email or snail mail? cheers
In my PDF thing the second page talked about scholarship money if that helps.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that got accepted, are yall able to see BU on the "choose your medical school" tool?
Nope
lukesup_12
Full Member
+2Nope
On a different note, for those accepted, do you think BostonU might cancel second look as a result of the corona virus? I know some schools have already announced they are doing virtual second looks
themightychondrion
Full Member
+2
On a different note, for those accepted, do you think BostonU might cancel second look as a result of the corona virus? I know some schools have already announced they are doing virtual second looks
Definitely a possibility, but very much hoping they don’t cause that plane ticket was expensive
Last edited:
alligatorspider
New Member
+2
On a different note, for those accepted, do you think BostonU might cancel second look as a result of the corona virus? I know some schools have already announced they are doing virtual second looks
I bet they will cancel if things stay the same or get worse. Many Massachusetts schools (Amherst, Williams, Harvard) are not having students return after spring break and doing classes remotely
Has anyone who was waitlisted called the office for more information regarding where they are on waitlist of if they have any other information? If so, did they say anything useful?
Has anyone who was waitlisted called the office for more information regarding where they are on waitlist of if they have any other information? If so, did they say anything useful?
I called, they do have an internal ranking but do not disclose ranks. The lady on the phone and I laughed about how it's basically just to not give students hope/crush others. She seemed like she really wanted to disclose it lol, but they don't.
Just curious, what exactly you (or other people) are looking for in second look? Don't we have all info about school online (virtually) even now? As far as campus is concern, we had seen somewhat during interview. Only thing missing is meeting your future classmate or roommates.Really hoping they don't cancel SL, or at least do a virtual one. This one is important in my final decision...
I want to revisit the campus, talk to students about various opportunities I am interested in, rotations, off campus sites (such as the partnerships they have with other hospitals in MA such as cape cod), how students like certain rotations (I am interested in surg, so want to see how studetns view that one specifically), etc.Just curious, what exactly you (or other people) are looking for in second look? Don't we have all info about school online (virtually) even now? As far as campus is concern, we had seen somewhat during interview. Only thing missing is meeting your future classmate or roommates.
While the website gives information, it is a different thing to talk to students that have been through the things you want to ask about. While I did get a decent look at the campus during interview, it is a little different to have seen the campus on an interview vs. seeing the campus to decide between X or Y school knowing you have been accepted to both.
There is also getting to talk to the various faculty members as well!!
All in all while the website + interview day is helpful, getting to ask questions as someone that knows they have a secured spot is important to me, and there are several things I want to look into to help me differentiate between this and my other acceptance.
Got it...I want to revisit the campus, talk to students about various opportunities I am interested in, rotations, off campus sites (such as the partnerships they have with other hospitals in MA such as cape cod), how students like certain rotations (I am interested in surg, so want to see how studetns view that one specifically), etc.
While the website gives information, it is a different thing to talk to students that have been through the things you want to ask about. While I did get a decent look at the campus during interview, it is a little different to have seen the campus on an interview vs. seeing the campus to decide between X or Y school knowing you have been accepted to both.
There is also getting to talk to the various faculty members as well!!
All in all while the website + interview day is helpful, getting to ask questions as someone that knows they have a secured spot is important to me, and there are several things I want to look into to help me differentiate between this and my other acceptance.
they're really dragging out this FA huh
D
deleted1039112
they're really dragging out this FA huh
What do you mean?
D
deleted1039112
Also, BU just canceled classes ._. we all know what that means.
Confirmed, second look cancelled.Also, BU just canceled classes ._. we all know what that means.
Where do you see this? I didn't get any email or notificationConfirmed, second look cancelled.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent an email out ~30 min agoWhere do you see this? I didn't get any email or notification
LOL guess they missed meThey sent an email out ~30 min ago
Hoping an accepted students page is made soon. Assuming it’s usually made by a current student
maybe try spam?LOL guess they missed me
Yeah nothing lol. Maybe they are sending out the notification in waves or something.maybe try spam?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K