2019-2020 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If LBC calls, hmu.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
A. Got a call this morning from LN around 9:30am pt

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Can confirm that I was also giving up before getting an acceptance email several days later in December. Also the acceptance email went to my spam folder lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No calls here either in December. Email showed up in promotions tab like a week later lol.

Good luck to us again peeps. Hope we can receive good news ~

• Love
Missed a call yesterday. Got an email few mins later.

Best of luck every one.

• Love
A! Just got an email from my interviewer!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
My interviewer really be slackin tho

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
This is bringing me back Memories of the painful wait from December that amounted to disappointment...

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to not get a call and only get an email? Or do they always call?

Got the A via email!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
just wanna put out some positive vibes for everyone still waiting.. good luck guys hopefully we all get the A or at least get out of the waiting game in some capacity!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I'm super confused about what's happening here. They are slow rolling acceptances, waitlists, and rejections, through call or email over multiple days? Is this how it went in December?

I'm super confused about what's happening here. They are slow rolling acceptances, waitlists, and rejections, through call or email over multiple days? Is this how it went in December?
I think it was pretty similar in December. I got my acceptance email a week after the calls started going out

I think it was pretty similar in December. I got my acceptance email a week after the calls started going out
Same thing happened to me! I think they give interviewers a few days to call/email and then send out the rest of the acceptances via email/portal update a week later

It seems that, in the age of neurotic pre-meds on SDN, a simple switch in order of when the automated decisions vs. the personal calls happen would make this a whole lot less stressful.

Reactions: 5 users
This is the most confusing was to notify people

This is the most confusing was to notify people

this is chaotic- some calls, some emails, some silence, and eventually, portal updates.

should i be expecting notification via smoke signal? open my window for a carrier pigeon maybe? lololol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
UCLA ptsd?
I got lucky with UCLA actually so no damage was done there, but was certainly traumatized by Columbia this week. This one is so confusing it's not even traumatizing I just have no idea what's happening

this is chaotic- some calls, some emails, some silence, and eventually, portal updates.

should i be expecting notification via smoke signal? open my window for a carrier pigeon maybe? lololol

getting my busm A irl
1583438603746.png

• Haha
A via email just now. Interviewed mid-January. Will most likely be declining. Good luck everyone :)!

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlist via portal now, no email (checked spam)

• Sad
Wait list via portal as well. Pretty disappointed. Anyone know if there's any movement here?

• Sad
Waitlisted via email too! Any idea on movement?

Some movement last year, end of May.

WL. No reason to hold this, so the next person can bump up into my spot.

Waitlisted via email. Accepted waitlist spot through portal.

Waitlisted. I accepted the spot. We’ll see what happens

I wonder if they give out positions or general categories for the waitlist. I have 1 other A at U of Colorado, both are similarly priced and ranked. I did like BU a lot though and I wonder if being on the WL impacts aid in any way. Is need based aid still the same and available, etc.