About the Ads

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Wondering if any current students wanted to answer some Qs about rotations sites and a few other things I am interested in. Tried emailing admissions ~two weeks ago but never got a response.

Nov 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Emails were sent out March 11th last year and March 9th the year before so I'm guessing the week of the March 9th or maybe the week of March 16th.
I think they went out on March 7th last year, so perhaps late next week?

Reactions: coffee&scrubs
Feb 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I think they went out on March 7th last year, so perhaps late next week?

I think the calls started on the 7th but it's your interviewer's discretion whether or not to call. Emails went out on the 11th last year and 9th the year so I'm guessing we will likely hear back in the next 2 weeks.

May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
So is the consensus that we'll hear this week or next? I want to start mentally preparing...

About the Ads

u_raptor

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Is pretty much everyone who's accepted planning on living in the On Campus residence hall?
I'll be moving with my GF, so I'm not allowed on the on campus residence hall lol. But it looks like the move if you can do it!

• Love
Reactions: imbesrs
May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Any idea where most people live off campus?
From what I heard at my interview and what I know about the Boston area, most students live in the surrounding South End area of Boston. Some live in Roxbury (which is cheaper and a little ways out from the school), and others live in Cambridge or even Somerville which are even farther away. Most of the BU students who live outside of the residence hall in the first year are those who have either lived in Boston for undergrad or during their gap year, have an established living situation with roommates (Boston is expensive af, you need roommates), or are in a relationship and would prefer to live with their SO and/or family.

Apr 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
From what I heard at my interview and what I know about the Boston area, most students live in the surrounding South End area of Boston. Some live in Roxbury (which is cheaper and a little ways out from the school), and others live in Cambridge or even Somerville which are even farther away. Most of the BU students who live outside of the residence hall in the first year are those who have either lived in Boston for undergrad or during their gap year, have an established living situation with roommates (Boston is expensive af, you need roommates), or are in a relationship and would prefer to live with their SO and/or family.
That’s what I’ve heard; in from the west coast and wouldn’t know anyone so I was leaning towards the residence hall

May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
That’s what I’ve heard; in from the west coast and wouldn’t know anyone so I was leaning towards the residence hall
I'm a local New Englander, but if I get accepted to BU and choose to matriculate, it'll be a significant move for me nonetheless, both emotionally and financially. The residence hall seems like a great way to transition to med school and living in a new city, so that's where I'll choose to live. And on top of that, it's hard to beat ~$1000 a month in that area of Boston just blocks from the school.

Apr 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm a local New Englander, but if I get accepted to BU and choose to matriculate, it'll be a significant move for me nonetheless, both emotionally and financially. The residence hall seems like a great way to transition to med school and living in a new city, so that's where I'll choose to live. And on top of that, it's hard to beat ~$1000 a month in that area of Boston just blocks from the school.
Lol I have a pretty large single apartment rn for 700/mo, 1000 seems crazy

Reactions: walterwhite3556
About the Ads
May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Oh wow. For all the schools I'm looking at/may end up at, 1000/mo is on the lower end. Especially if you want a decently safe area near said school.

Mar 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I believe the rate was 1050 due to a donation BU received. I think it goes back up to 1300 for future students (this is unconfirmed, but I saw it somewhere)

Orangekiwi

Friendly neighborhood s***poster
Apr 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
If you find a single apartment in a remotely desirable part of Boston for less than 2k a month I’d be stunned

May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads

u_raptor

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Good Luck everyone! Hope to see some of yall at second look!

Gshah97

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry to hear guys :/

Reactions: NeedsV4lidation
About the Ads