2019-2020 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea where most people live off campus?
From what I heard at my interview and what I know about the Boston area, most students live in the surrounding South End area of Boston. Some live in Roxbury (which is cheaper and a little ways out from the school), and others live in Cambridge or even Somerville which are even farther away. Most of the BU students who live outside of the residence hall in the first year are those who have either lived in Boston for undergrad or during their gap year, have an established living situation with roommates (Boston is expensive af, you need roommates), or are in a relationship and would prefer to live with their SO and/or family.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I heard at my interview and what I know about the Boston area, most students live in the surrounding South End area of Boston. Some live in Roxbury (which is cheaper and a little ways out from the school), and others live in Cambridge or even Somerville which are even farther away. Most of the BU students who live outside of the residence hall in the first year are those who have either lived in Boston for undergrad or during their gap year, have an established living situation with roommates (Boston is expensive af, you need roommates), or are in a relationship and would prefer to live with their SO and/or family.
That’s what I’ve heard; in from the west coast and wouldn’t know anyone so I was leaning towards the residence hall

That’s what I’ve heard; in from the west coast and wouldn’t know anyone so I was leaning towards the residence hall
I'm a local New Englander, but if I get accepted to BU and choose to matriculate, it'll be a significant move for me nonetheless, both emotionally and financially. The residence hall seems like a great way to transition to med school and living in a new city, so that's where I'll choose to live. And on top of that, it's hard to beat ~$1000 a month in that area of Boston just blocks from the school.

I'm a local New Englander, but if I get accepted to BU and choose to matriculate, it'll be a significant move for me nonetheless, both emotionally and financially. The residence hall seems like a great way to transition to med school and living in a new city, so that's where I'll choose to live. And on top of that, it's hard to beat ~$1000 a month in that area of Boston just blocks from the school.
Lol I have a pretty large single apartment rn for 700/mo, 1000 seems crazy

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow. For all the schools I'm looking at/may end up at, 1000/mo is on the lower end. Especially if you want a decently safe area near said school.

I believe the rate was 1050 due to a donation BU received. I think it goes back up to 1300 for future students (this is unconfirmed, but I saw it somewhere)

If you find a single apartment in a remotely desirable part of Boston for less than 2k a month I’d be stunned

Reactions: 2 users
is tomorrow the day maybe?

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I assume they are going to start calling tomorrow or Friday -- right before BU's sping break.

Good Luck everyone! Hope to see some of yall at second look!

Reactions: 1 users
Guy on left: BU
Flaming foot: BU’s decision
Guy on right: Me

1583342891664.gif

Sorry to hear guys :/

One of my friend got call just now - Accepted

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
I just finished unclogging a bathtub drain with a two handed large snake/auger and I kept refreshing SDN with my nose lmfaoo.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Do decisions tend to go out all on a single day here or over the course of a couple days?

What's the consensus if we haven't heard anything back yet? likely WL/A or do we think rejections are still going out?

What's the consensus if we haven't heard anything back yet? likely WL/A or do we think rejections are still going out?
I think the consensus is that we know absolutely nothing lol.

Reactions: 8 users
Great timing for a spam call :””)

• Haha
For those of you waiting, I ended up getting quite disappointed back in December watching this thread and people getting calls, but I ended up with an email like a week later. Not everyone gets a call. The waiting sucks but you got this!

For those of you waiting, I ended up getting quite disappointed back in December watching this thread and people getting calls, but I ended up with an email like a week later. Not everyone gets a call. The waiting sucks but you got this!

a wEeK!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

yeah, but it doesn't help that they started adding interviewer/caller initials in last years thread. My interviewer seems to enjoy calling a lot LOL. NICE TRY getting me to be patient and rational, but you're not getting me this time!

• Wow
yeah, but it doesn't help that they started adding interviewer/caller initials in last years thread. My interviewer seems to enjoy calling a lot LOL. NICE TRY getting me to be patient and rational, but you're not getting me this time!

I just wanted to help. Sad!
I also meant this cycle, back in December. And yes, A whole week after everyone was talking about getting calls from their interviewers

• Love
I just wanted to help. Sad!
I also meant this cycle, back in December. And yes, A whole week after everyone was talking about getting calls from their interviewers
Haha nah you’re completely right i’m jk.