2019-2020 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got mine very quickly after submitting the competencies (like 2 hours). Maybe email them? Never hurts.
Thanks for the reply! It ended up in my spam folder. I had received it the same day -_-
Make sure to check your spam, all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the PDF artifacts will be viewed by their committee on a computer or on a printed paper? Just curious.

For anyone attending the September showcase, have you received a copy of the itinerary for the day yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there is more than one showcase? Still haven't submitted my secondary since I received mine late due to a complication with their system. Was hoping to attend one!

They had multiple showcases through February last cycle.

Whenever I re-read my already submitted secondary written essays to other schools, I cringe. Watching my already submitted video essay with Carle Illinois makes me ultra cringe.

Reactions: 5 users
Whenever I re-read my already submitted secondary written essays to other schools, I cringe. Watching my already submitted video essay with Carle Illinois makes me ultra cringe.
The video essay was the awkwardest thing I have done in this admissions cycle.

I didn't torture myself by watching it back. I just hope everyone else is as awkward as me!

It has to be torture to watch hours of awkward video essays... I can't even imagine.

Just finished my app today :D holy cow talk about an uncomfortable experience talking to myself in that video essay! Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To those who went to the "showcase", what did they really showcase? Everyone's PDF Artifacts?

• Haha
To those who went to the "showcase", what did they really showcase? Everyone's PDF Artifacts?

It's basically just the interview day without the actual interview. From the schedule they sent out it's

8:30-10:00: Talk about the curriculum

10:00-12:20: Student panel, Discovery (idk what this is), PBL exercise.

12:20-1:30: Lunch with Faculty&students

1:30-2:45: Student Affairs and "Everitt" (not sure what this is either)

3:00-3:30: Q&A

3:30-5:00: Optional hospital tour

It's basically just the interview day without the actual interview. From the schedule they sent out it's

8:30-10:00: Talk about the curriculum

10:00-12:20: Student panel, Discovery (idk what this is), PBL exercise.

12:20-1:30: Lunch with Faculty&students

1:30-2:45: Student Affairs and "Everitt" (not sure what this is either)

3:00-3:30: Q&A

3:30-5:00: Optional hospital tour
When is the showcase?

To those going on September 16, please keep count how many attendees are there. I'm wondering if it's gonna be like a huge attendance or something extremely small.

To admission committee: I swear I used the extra seconds to prepare. I have notes/brief outline. Somehow my wernicke's and broca's decided to function on their own as soon as the recording started. My apologies for all my mumbles and jumbles of words.

To those going on September 16, please keep count how many attendees are there. I'm wondering if it's gonna be like a huge attendance or something extremely small.
Do you all know for sure if this is something you have to be invited to? Or could I just reach out and ask to go? lol

Ya'll should show each other your artifacts when you meet up for dinner on site!

DAE realized they forgot to add one very important photo to their artifact a week after submitting it?

Do you all know for sure if this is something you have to be invited to? Or could I just reach out and ask to go? lol
I attended the showcase yesterday. They told us they are only having 3 showcases and only 300 students out of the 2400 applications they received will be invited in total. I am not sure if they finished inviting students yet but you need to be invited to a showcase to get accepted and they have 40 spots for the 2020 class. Hope this helps.

I attended the showcase yesterday. They told us they are only having 3 showcases and only 300 students out of the 2400 applications they received will be invited in total. I am not sure if they finished inviting students yet but you need to be invited to a showcase to get accepted and they have 40 spots for the 2020 class. Hope this helps.

I think it is a little funny that they profess not having an interview, but isn't an interview basically a showcase (and vise versa)?

How many applicants attended that showcase yesterday? (Estimate?)

I think it is a little funny that they profess not having an interview, but isn't an interview basically a showcase (and vise versa)?
Well, they kept saying over and over that we were not being assessed, so there is definitely a difference between an interview and a showcase. However, I do think they were on the look out for people that were rude.

They'll be admitting 40 students this year, but will be inviting 300 to the showcase. That's like 7 folds, which is way more than necessary. Is it really common for students to not accept their offer?

They'll be admitting 40 students this year, but will be inviting 300 to the showcase. That's like 7 folds, which is way more than necessary. Is it really common for students to not accept their offer?

They have no idea how many people will accept their offer because last 2 years students got free tuition and it's not happening this year. They want to be very cautious about over-accepting because apparently their PBL teaching model is not well-equipped for teaching over that amount. I'm guessing there will just be a large waitlist if they actually do 300 people in the showcase

They have no idea how many people will accept their offer because last 2 years students got free tuition and it's not happening this year. They want to be very cautious about over-accepting because apparently their PBL teaching model is not well-equipped for teaching over that amount. I'm guessing there will just be a large waitlist if they actually do 300 people in the showcase

84 students showed up in the first showcase. There are 2 more showcases scheduled. It'd be safe to wager around 240 total attendees, and this does not count those who could not attend.

Has anyone been invited to the other two showcases yet?

Has anyone been invited to the other two showcases yet?

I kinda hope not. I'll be recording my video essay in the next few hours and submitting my collages. Tomorrow (9/25) is my deadline and it took forever to figure out how I wanted to do my collages. I hope I make it in before they send out too many showcase invites! Carle is my dream school but my advisor told me to prioritize my other secondaries first since Carle was probably not going to get the volume of applicants that say UCLA or NYU do.

Best of fortune to everyone!

Those who attended the showcase already, which of the three artifacts was your strongest?

Those who attended the showcase already, which of the three artifacts was your strongest?
I actually think that they are inviting people based on the primary application because I got my showcase invite before I even submitted my secondary.

Just got invited to a showcase on November 4th!!

I actually think that they are inviting people based on the primary application because I got my showcase invite before I even submitted my secondary.

Wow. So the secondary application did not even matter?! I wish I knew, and I would not have had spent a few sleepless nights.

Just got invited to the Nov 4th showcase as well

So for those of you that went to the first showcase, were people actually in business casual or was everyone wearing a suit?

So I dunno if anyone is still working on their secondary here, but when they say your deadline is X date, they probably mean in Central Time. I successfully (as in it got recorded... as to how it went is a separate matter lol) recorded my video and tried to submit my application ~10pm PST (cuz I live in California) and got an error that the deadline had passed. An hour later I got an email saying thank you next... I emailed to explain my situation that I didn't know if the deadline was inclusive or not, or tied to the submitter's time zone or not. Hopefully, Carle Illinois's admissions people are forgiving. But just an FYI to anyone else who waited this long :(