-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Carle-Illinois
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Would those accepted mind sharing their stats? I'm super excited for the showcase in November, not sure what to expect though!
cGPA: 3.8ish, MCAT: 515+
The showcase throws a lot of information at you about the school, and the schedule of the day given I would say gives a detailed view of what the day would entail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the reply! I haven't gotten the itinerary yet, but that is good to know.cGPA: 3.8ish, MCAT: 515+
The showcase throws a lot of information at you about the school, and the schedule of the day given I would say gives a detailed view of what the day would entail.
Mcat 509 GPA 3.72Would those accepted mind sharing their stats? I'm super excited for the showcase in November, not sure what to expect though!
Congrats to all you getting accepted. I haven't heard anything since submitting the supplemental materials-has anyone heard back from them other than for showcase invites? Do they do silent rejections?
Congrats to all you getting accepted. I haven't heard anything since submitting the supplemental materials-has anyone heard back from them other than for showcase invites? Do they do silent rejections?
You have to be invited to the showcase to be accepted (although you do not have to attend if invited). So if you aren't invited to any of the showcases then you are by default rejected.
But showcase invites are rolling, yes? Those of us still waiting could still receive an invite?You have to be invited to the showcase to be accepted (although you do not have to attend if invited). So if you aren't invited to any of the showcases then you are by default rejected.
ItsDefinitelyLupus
New Member
Crossing our fingers!My LizzyM(cguire) score is 74.90!
And I'm pretty sure the invites are rolling. As of the first showcase, their plan was to have another showcase in November and the last one in January.
Has anyone received a schedule yet for the second showcase?
negative
I did a couple days ago. I have my email (gmail) separated by "primary," "social," and "promotions." For some reason, the email went to "promotions." Make sure to check all of your email folders.Has anyone received a schedule yet for the second showcase?
I did a couple days ago. I have my email (gmail) separated by "primary," "social," and "promotions." For some reason, the email went to "promotions." Make sure to check all of your email folders.
Oh yeah, I lied... it was inside that unassuming email that looked exactly like the email we got a few weeks ago. There is a link to the itinerary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think SDN should have like a secret handshake so we know each other when we get to interviews.
Whats the pbl activity like? (Not asking for specifics but the set up)
Whats the pbl activity like? (Not asking for specifics but the set up)
They basically say "this patient comes in with these symptoms what do you think it could be" and you discuss it as a group. There are no wrong answers. I doubt they even evaluate you during the activity and if they are, you probably just have to participate. I don't think they have any expectations for you to know any specifics.
I am also BME with coding experience![]()
Google engineer for 9 years with a bioinformatics background and I've just gotten sad trombones (but also a two-day extension which was nice) so it's not just engineering background they look for. That should be encouraging to non-engineers I suppose?
Whats the pbl activity like? (Not asking for specifics but the set up)
You participate in the PBL activity in a group of 8 applicants with one of the faculty PBL facilitators. The facilitator asks people to volunteer for various roles, like a reader and a person who writes on the white board. Honestly, the activity introduces you to PBL and lets you know whether it's suited for your learning or not. Pretty standard PBL/CBL session, so you can google what those are like as well.
did the interview end exactly at 3:30 or a bit before?
Heads up, my friend who went to the showcase said tuition is actually secretly about 80-90k per year, depending on IS/OOS. Some fine print about paying for the REQUIRED summer session separately.....sad day
From what I remember from the showcase out of state tuition is $45k for fall+spring and $15k for summer which adds up to $60k/year in total. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong
Out of curiosity, does your portal change when they look over your file? I still have the same message as the day I was complete (which was 9/4, not sure if this was too late!) Starting to get a little antsy because It's been dead silence from them, and I had a whole issue with being rejected by accident earlier this cycle.
Anyone who has been accepted.... ddI you go on the hospital tour? Wondering if it really was /is optional ?
excitingelectron
Full Member
Anyone who has been accepted.... ddI you go on the hospital tour? Wondering if it really was /is optional ?
Went on it, but wish I didn’t, it was super long and kind of boring at the end of an already long day. Entirely optional
Anyone who has been accepted.... ddI you go on the hospital tour? Wondering if it really was /is optional ?
I clicked the box saying that I would go but ended up not going
Same lolI clicked the box saying that I would go but ended up not going
From what I remember from the showcase out of state tuition is $45k for fall+spring and $15k for summer which adds up to $60k/year in total. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong
The first summer is an extra $21k, the fall and winter is $68k. Then I think it’s 68k every year after that. So yes, it’s a lot
The first summer is an extra $21k, the fall and winter is $68k. Then I think it’s 68k every year after that. So yes, it’s a lot
Ah, the COA is $68k (plus the $21k for Summer)... that's much more manageable. It doesn't help when the financial aid discussion is 7 minutes and 55 seconds (literally).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
excitingelectron
Full Member
Did anyone at the showcase catch what in state tuition was? They didn’t have the correct numbers at the Sep showcase.
Did anyone at the showcase catch what in state tuition was? They didn’t have the correct numbers at the Sep showcase.
The second page of this PDF has IS and OOS costs
Been kinda quiet on here... Has anyone been accepted after the November showcase?
Has anyone been invited to the next showcase?
Been kinda quiet on here... Has anyone been accepted after the November showcase?
Does anyone remember when they said they were meeting to discuss it? I wanna say end of the month? But I can't remember.
I remember that too!Does anyone remember when they said they were meeting to discuss it? I wanna say end of the month? But I can't remember.
They said that the admissions committee is meeting on the 19th and that some acceptances will be sent out after that.
Does anyone remember when they said they were meeting to discuss it? I wanna say end of the month? But I can't remember.
They said that the admissions committee is meeting on the 19th and that some acceptances will be sent out after that.
Yeah, they said the vast majority of people will hear nothing until after the last showcase. I am not holding my breath about hearing back before then.
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either. You never know though, seems like they sent out a decent amount after the September showcase. Let's keep the positivity!Yeah, they said the vast majority of people will hear nothing until after the last showcase. I am not holding my breath about hearing back before then.
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either. You never know though, seems like they sent out a decent amount after the September showcase. Let's keep the positivity!
Haha yeah sorry... you guys are all great! Good luck!
Is January 13th the third and final Showcase?
Got a showcase invite today! 🙂 January 13th
Last edited:
Do you know if this is the final showcase? I know they had one in September. Was there one in November?Got a showcase invite today! 🙂 January 13th
the final showcase is in JanuaryDo you know if this is the final showcase? I know they had one in September. Was there one in November?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the final showcase is in January
So this is the last of em?
So this is the last of em?
yes
let the final hunger games begin
doctor_coffee
Full Member
Got show case invite for January 13th! I'm excited but also have concerns because of the heavily engineering-influence this curriculum seems to be built upon.
Are there any M1 or M2s on here that could answer some questions?
Are there any M1 or M2s on here that could answer some questions?
Do you know if this is the final showcase? I know they had one in September. Was there one in November?
yes it was 11/4