2019-2020 Columbia VP&S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how are y'all feelin? do we think tomorrow's the day?
I really hope so. I also hope they don’t release R and WL the day after A’s

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
how are y'all feelin? do we think tomorrow's the day?
I was born with mediocre stats and mediocre ECs. Every morning I get silence from my top choice, every afternoon I get waitlists from my safeties. At night, I lie awake in agony until the rejections put me to sleep.

Edit: this is a joke and a modified spongebob quote. I was just be dramatic because the wait is agonizing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users
I was born with mediocre stats and mediocre ECs. Every morning I get silence from my top choice, every afternoon I get waitlists from my safeties. At night, I lie awake in agony until the rejections put me to sleep.

Edit: this is a joke and a modified spongebob quote. I was just be dramatic because the wait is agonizing.

ya30bKX.png

I hope it's tomorrow but I'm not feeling super confident after catching a WL on Friday from a school I also felt great about after interview

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here's to hoping the post II acceptance rate is a little higher at Columbia this year than last:)

Reactions: 2 users
Me: Hey I'll check SDN before tomorrow because people will be encouraging and make me feel better

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck today everyone . That’s right. Today is the day.

Reactions: 7 users
Also, to answer a previous question on this thread, yes they did interview less people this cycle. About ~100 less interviews were given this year.

Well 1. I go here lol I’m an M1 and 2. I’m close with the people on the admissions committee.

Any idea if WLs/Rs will go out today too?

WLs/Rs are more likely than not coming out tomorrow. I know As are today. In past years WLs/Rs always came out the day after so I think it’s best to assume that’ll still be the case here.

In my heart of hearts I just want a school that sends out R/WLs first, so the remaining anticipation is happy anticipation

Sorry I meant what time haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that idk haha it depends on when your interviewer has some free time in the day to call . Probably going to start in the next few hours or so

Reactions: 1 users
A!! Just got the call!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Because some are opposed to initials (perhaps to avoid adding some unneeded anxiety), I’ll forgo adding them. But please feel free to PM me if you’re curious!

Happy to edit - just curious why not?

Just seems weird idk haha. Really just for your own anonymity, i have no idea what my interviewers names were so its not adding any stress over here. Post em if you wish!! Congrats

Reactions: 1 user
Just seems weird idk haha. Really just for your own anonymity, i have no idea what my interviewers names were so its not adding any stress over here. Post em if you wish!! Congrats

Gotcha, no worries. I figure there's only a handful of interviewers as opposed to a ton of applicants and was kind of going with the trend of using initials from earlier in the thread. Removed initials from my original post, but anyone can feel free to PM if they'd like to know!

Reactions: 1 user
I get why they like to call but I wish they’d just update portal and then do follow up congratulatory calls. Waiting all day for a call that isn’t going to come will be miserable

• Sad
Reactions: 18 users
Interviewer that called was DS

Reactions: 3 users