2019-2020 Harvard

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It begins huh :arghh:

Congrats to every1 that got one so far, I'm jelly
When I got the notification that you posted, I was expecting you had an II.

At the end of the day, Harvard is just another medical school and an MD is an MD, whether it is from Harvard or one of the many wonderful schools you have an II to already.

That being said, I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that you'll get an II to HMS eventually.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When I got the notification that you posted, I was expecting you had an II.

At the end of the day, Harvard is just another medical school and an MD is an MD, whether it is from Harvard or one of the wonderful schools you have an II to already.

That being said, I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that you'll get an II to HMS eventually.
LOL after I posted I started thinking oh shoot they will think I got one too. But very true, I guess the name of the school is getting to me. Either way, like I have said before, I am extremely grateful and thankful for each and every II so far. Whether it be a T10 or T50 🙂
 
LOL after I posted I started thinking oh shoot they will think I got one too. But very true, I guess the name of the school is getting to me. Either way, like I have said before, I am extremely grateful and thankful for each and every II so far. Whether it be a T10 or T50 🙂
They interview until January and dont admit until March. They also interview a lot more people than most schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So quick question for you all: I know that people say Harvard isn't on rolling admissions like other schools, but at some level they must be right? Otherwise wouldn't all the II's go out at the same time? Let's say I were to get an II, if I interviewed September 9th, would I really find out whether I was accepted at the same as someone who interviewed on the very last day?
 
So quick question for you all: I know that people say Harvard isn't on rolling admissions like other schools, but at some level they must be right? Otherwise wouldn't all the II's go out at the same time? Let's say I were to get an II, if I interviewed September 9th, would I really find out whether I was accepted at the same as someone who interviewed on the very last day?
See this. What I think is likely is that many decisions are in fact made on a rolling basis. We just don't find out until March.
 
So quick question for you all: I know that people say Harvard isn't on rolling admissions like other schools, but at some level they must be right? Otherwise wouldn't all the II's go out at the same time? Let's say I were to get an II, if I interviewed September 9th, would I really find out whether I was accepted at the same as someone who interviewed on the very last day?

I interviewed on the second to last day. I got in. Decisions are truly made on a non-rolling basis and the date of an interview has no bearing on an applicant’s chances at admission.
 
I interviewed on the second to last day. I got in. Decisions are truly made on a non-rolling basis and the date of an interview has no bearing on an applicant’s chances at admission.
1566801880860.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II here 🙂

I called my mother and she was ecstatic. On a different note, do yall tell your close friends about interviews? I want to share the excitement, but I fear it may come off as gloating. Thoughts?
Happy: I GOT AN INTERVIEW TO HARVARD!!! *said to people you know are interested in your application cycle*

Gloating: Oh, Susy that is so cool that you have a new recipe for quiche. Did I tell you I have an interview at Harvard?
 
II here 🙂

I called my mother and she was ecstatic. On a different note, do yall tell your close friends about interviews? I want to share the excitement, but I fear it may come off as gloating. Thoughts?

If they are "close friends," then of course you should tell them. Just emphasize that they should keep it on the DL, or else they might go around and gloat for you 🙂
 
Happy: I GOT AN INTERVIEW TO HARVARD!!! *said to people you know are interested in your application cycle*

Gloating: Oh, Susy that is so cool that you have a new recipe for quiche. Did I tell you I have an interview at Harvard?

MemeLord please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you're the best person to give advice when it comes to what counts as showing off :cat::cat:

You're great to talk to, I really enjoy reading your posts, and I think you're going to be an awesome medical school student. You have a large number of strengths, this particular area just isn't one of them 😛