2019-2020 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary Prompt:

Describe a stressful situation that you have experienced. Please detail your reaction, how you managed the situation, and what you learned that will help you handle a similar circumstance in the future.

In addition to training as a competent physician please select up to two additional areas of interest from the items below that you may want to pursue during your medical studies. Your responses will have no bearing on applications to joint degrees or special programs to which you might also apply.

(Simulation; Research in healthcare delivery; Basic science research; Interdisciplinary collaboration; Healthcare disparities; Academic medicine; Global Health; Community Health Urban; Community Health Rural; Innovation Medicine)

Provide a short, 300-500 words, statement on your interest and how you see it influencing your learning.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Illinois

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
And when you were verified

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having issues accessing the secondary? When I enter my AMCAS number to create a new password it says an email has been sent to the email associated with my AMCAS ID with a link - However no email is coming through?? (Not in junk folder either)

EDIT: I see @notthrowingawaymyshot is having the same issue

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received, OOS, MD/PhD. Still can't see the essays because the password reset link email has not come in as well. Verified on 6/13

Is anyone else having issues accessing the secondary? When I enter my AMCAS number to create a new password it says an email has been sent to the email associated with my AMCAS ID with a link - However no email is coming through?? (Not in junk folder either)

Yes, the same thing is happening to me.

Okay good to know I’m not the only one with an issue! Thought something was wrong with my email but looks like it’s an internal issue

+1 Secondary received.

@PapaGuava

Describe a stressful situation that you have experienced. Please detail your reaction, how you managed the situation, and what you learned that will help you handle a similar circumstance in the future.

In addition to training as a competent physician please select up to two additional areas of interest from the items below that you may want to pursue during your medical studies. Your responses will have no bearing on applications to joint degrees or special programs to which you might also apply.

(Simulation; Research in healthcare delivery; Basic science research; Interdisciplinary collaboration; Healthcare disparities; Academic medicine; Global Health; Community Health Urban; Community Health Rural; Innovation Medicine)

Provide a short, 300-500 words, statement on your interest and how you see it influencing your learning.

No mention of the formatting (letters) from previous years.

Reactions: 3 users
+1 Secondary received.

@PapaGuava

No mention of the formatting (letters) from previous years.
whats the word count for the stressful situation one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the password link coming through for anyone? If so, how long did it take?

+1 secondary; verified 6/06 OOS

EDIT: I see @notthrowingawaymyshot is having the same issue

I had the same issue, but instead of using the link to make a password I just clicked "forgot password" on the login page and that took me to a page to create a "new" password, even though it was the first time I had created one and it worked!

Does anyone know the word count for the first question about a stressful situation? Mine does not list one.

For the question: "Have you ever matriculated into and not completed a professional/graduate program?",

If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program but have not yet completed it would you mark this as "yes" and then explain you are currently enrolled and your graduation date?

If you are reapplying this year please describe what you have done during the past year.

For this question, should I also include my gap year plans? Or just what I did this past year?

If you are reapplying this year please describe what you have done during the past year.

For this question, should I also include my gap year plans? Or just what I did this past year?
I was wondering the same thing, cause it's been 2-3 years for me.

Does anyone know how many characters the stressful situation prompt answer should be??? It doesn’t have anything in the box.

Has anyone else been getting emails from UIC EVERY SINGLE DAY? Like yes I understand I still have to do your secondary please stop pressuring my tired soul

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone else been getting emails from UIC EVERY SINGLE DAY? Like yes I understand I still have to do your secondary please stop pressuring my tired soul

I submitted and am complete. Yet this morning I got like 5 of the same email telling me how excited they are and that I’ll be receiving a link to the “supplental” soon.

Reactions: 1 users
I received 4 in the middle of the night last night and 2 almost every other night this week...lol idk what is going on

Do you all think 600 words is too much for the stressful situation?

What is going on with their secondary emails? I'm seriously getting multiple every day.

IMG_9742.JPG

16 emails today... they’re multiplying

Does anyone know the word count for the first question about a stressful situation? Mine does not list one.
Has anyone found out the answer to this question? I'm getting an error when I'm saving my essay

I dont get it. What does "statement of your interest mean"? Do they mean "why do you want to attend this school specifically" or "what areas are you interested in"? I am confused

Does anyone know which category translational research belongs to in Q2 (Provide a short, 300-500 words, statement on your interest and how you see it influencing your learning.)?

Anyone else's letters of recommendation still not received when checking their status?

Reactions: 6 users
IMG_9747.JPG

I hate to harp on one somewhat unrelated topic but I’ve literally gotten 48 emails the last two days and 70+ total since they started sending.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
View attachment 270864

I hate to harp on one somewhat unrelated topic but I’ve literally gotten 48 emails the last two days and 70+ total since they started sending.
Literally same...I think I’m going to call them today and inform them there is a glitch so they can take care of it because it’s getting quite annoying

Literally same...I think I’m going to call them today and inform them there is a glitch so they can take care of it because it’s getting quite annoying
Just called them and they immediately knew what I was talking about and said many people have been calling about it and they are working on fixing it and that they apologized for the annoyance it has caused. Glad they’re working on it because I don’t want to wake up to 40 emails from them every morning before I have even submitted hahaha

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have their letters marked as "received"? If so did you have to call the admissions office?